Roeder relishing Cats pressure

@yourservice

Sunderland's storming return to the Premiership will put extra pressure - but not unwanted pressure - on Newcastle next season.

Glenn Roeder admits the Black Cats' presence in the top flight will put a bigger onus on United to do well - but their boss is relishing the challenge.

"Sunderland coming up puts pressure on us - but it's a pressure that any punter would want," said Roeder.

"I know when I played here that you wanted Sunderland to be in the top division as well. The derbies are great games.

"What two fixtures will both sets of fans be looking for when the fixtures come out?

"I suppose a minority of our supporters will say: `Leave Sunderland where they are.' But come on, the derbies are great occasions.

"Any player or manager that doesn't look forward to them shouldn't be involved with those clubs. If you don't enjoy derbies, there's something missing in your make-up."

Roeder added: "When I get a moment, I will congratulate Roy Keane. He's done very well and deserves his pat on the back."

585spttracker163758atq9.jpg

Edited by @yourservice

Roeder added: "When I get a moment, I will congratulate Roy Keane. He's done very well and deserves his pat on the back."

<_<:lol:

Didn't you know, we're not supposed to hate mackems anymore, something about Big Sam and Jackie Milburn....

I'd have Keane here in a shot over Roeder. :D

<_<:lol:

Didn't you know, we're not supposed to hate mackems anymore, something about Big Sam and Jackie Milburn....

I'd have Keane here in a shot over Roeder. :D

I'm sure you would

Does any other manager in this country make so many statements? Or are the press just obsessed with Roeder?

The press know that the fans are on his back and are over-analysing his every syllable, therefore they get him to keep making comments to sell copy / get hits. The club is a public circus, the press are the ringmasters.

Does any other manager in this country make so many statements? Or are the press just obsessed with Roeder?

The press know that the fans are on his back and are over-analysing his every syllable, therefore they get him to keep making comments to sell copy / get hits. The club is a public circus, the press are the ringmasters.

He's been doing it since he took over though.

He's been doing it since he took over though.

I don't remember 3 stories a day earlier on

his interview on MOTD was cracking. He is so odious! He has no personality at all, 'A little word called luck has no place in football . . . but now i believe in it'

eh?

roeder_luck.jpg

:lol::D<_<

Glenn Roeder is not the sort of man to believe in luck

It's just his raw talent that's taking us to the dogs then is it?

Glenn Roeder is not the sort of man to go to the dogs

He's got plenty of time for brough park now! :lol:

Glenn Roeder is not the sort of man to go to the dogs

He's got plenty of time for brough park now! :D

:lol::o