Roeder and NUFC part company

The Mighty Hog

Just got home from a race meeting. couldnt believe it when I heard the breaking news on 5live :lol: I'd put radio on in the van to see how Arse v Chelski was going.

Same happened when Sir Bobby got the push, that day was a bank holiday and we were on our way to a race track, couldnt help thinking today, 'hereeeee we go again!! Will we ever be a settled team with a manager we can respect? Will we ever have continuity at our club? I know Glenn had to go but lets hope to god this time we get the right person for the job, not just someone who happens to be available, we really are a laughing stock :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'd say thanks Glenn for getting us out of Souness's shit and best of luck for the future, a top man but alittle out of his depth.

By giving us our worst ever Premiership season? By giving us our worst home run in nearly 60 years?

On what evidence is he a top man by the way?

Jesus Christ man, Gol. You know what she means.

He took us to 7th that season. Fair play to him. He seems like a very nice bloke, hence the 'top man' bit.

I'm fucking over the moon at the minute. So happy when I found out he'd went :D

Thanks skol, im sure Gol knew what I meant too, but he seems to like nit picking anything I ever say! <_<

You'd have to be from another planet not to be able to work out that Glenn is a really decent bloke. I wish him well.

I did know what you meant yes, and I disagree with it.

Grow up.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got home from a race meeting. couldnt believe it when I heard the breaking news on 5live :lol: I'd put radio on in the van to see how Arse v Chelski was going.

Same happened when Sir Bobby got the push, that day was a bank holiday and we were on our way to a race track, couldnt help thinking today, 'hereeeee we go again!! Will we ever be a settled team with a manager we can respect? Will we ever have continuity at our club? I know Glenn had to go but lets hope to god this time we get the right person for the job, not just someone who happens to be available, we really are a laughing stock :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'd say thanks Glenn for getting us out of Souness's shit and best of luck for the future, a top man but alittle out of his depth.

By giving us our worst ever Premiership season? By giving us our worst home run in nearly 60 years?

He took us to 7th that season. Fair play to him. He seems like a very nice bloke, hence the 'top man' bit.

Thanks skol, im sure Gol knew what I meant too, but he seems to like nit picking anything I ever say! <_<

You'd have to be from another planet not to be able to work out that Glenn is a really decent bloke. I wish him well.

What are you basing this "decent bloke" stuff on? Have you ever met him, are you mates? For the record, I have never met him, but I do know some people that have, and allegedly the guy's a complete cock.

I've heard the exact opposite to you from people who've apparently met him too.

Probably best not to assume anything then. I'll go on what he's said in the media, and maintain my thinking the guy is a dickhead. I have no sympathy whatsoever for the fool.

Just got home from a race meeting. couldnt believe it when I heard the breaking news on 5live :D I'd put radio on in the van to see how Arse v Chelski was going.

Same happened when Sir Bobby got the push, that day was a bank holiday and we were on our way to a race track, couldnt help thinking today, 'hereeeee we go again!! Will we ever be a settled team with a manager we can respect? Will we ever have continuity at our club? I know Glenn had to go but lets hope to god this time we get the right person for the job, not just someone who happens to be available, we really are a laughing stock :suicide:

I'm fucking over the moon at the minute. So happy when I found out he'd went <_<

Thanks skol, im sure Gol knew what I meant too, but he seems to like nit picking anything I ever say! :rolleyes:

Grow up.

:lol: Fucking hell man. What's up your arse?

Just got home from a race meeting. couldnt believe it when I heard the breaking news on 5live :o I'd put radio on in the van to see how Arse v Chelski was going.

Same happened when Sir Bobby got the push, that day was a bank holiday and we were on our way to a race track, couldnt help thinking today, 'hereeeee we go again!! Will we ever be a settled team with a manager we can respect? Will we ever have continuity at our club? I know Glenn had to go but lets hope to god this time we get the right person for the job, not just someone who happens to be available, we really are a laughing stock :angry:

Thanks skol, im sure Gol knew what I meant too, but he seems to like nit picking anything I ever say! :rolleyes:

Grow up.

Grow up??? :lol::icon_lol:

Hey, at my age thats quite a compliment. Its not the fact you disagree Gol, its how you said it!

As skol and Mark noticed, you were being deliberately pedantic, you knew what I meant.....Glenn is a good kind of person. I shant reply anymore because its just not that important, just read back at how you sound Gol and you think about being less deliberately disagreeable!

Just got home from a race meeting. couldnt believe it when I heard the breaking news on 5live :D I'd put radio on in the van to see how Arse v Chelski was going.

Same happened when Sir Bobby got the push, that day was a bank holiday and we were on our way to a race track, couldnt help thinking today, 'hereeeee we go again!! Will we ever be a settled team with a manager we can respect? Will we ever have continuity at our club? I know Glenn had to go but lets hope to god this time we get the right person for the job, not just someone who happens to be available, we really are a laughing stock :angry:

I'm fucking over the moon at the minute. So happy when I found out he'd went :icon_lol:

Thanks skol, im sure Gol knew what I meant too, but he seems to like nit picking anything I ever say! :angry:

Grow up.

Grow up??? :lol::rolleyes:

Hey, at my age thats quite a compliment. Its not the fact you disagree Gol, its how you said it!

As skol and Mark noticed, you were being deliberately pedantic, you knew what I meant.....Glenn is a good kind of person. I shant reply anymore because its just not that important, just read back at how you sound Gol and you think about being less deliberately disagreeable!

So you want me to disagree less deliberately? :o

I said grow up because you take things far too personally. I seem to like nitpicking everything you say? Don't flatter yourself love.

I'm fucking over the moon at the minute. So happy when I found out he'd went :icon_lol:

Thanks skol, im sure Gol knew what I meant too, but he seems to like nit picking anything I ever say! :angry:

Grow up.

Grow up??? :lol::rolleyes:

So you want me to disagree less deliberately? :o

I said grow up because you take things far too personally. I seem to like nitpicking everything you say? Don't flatter yourself love.

Jesus%20Wept.jpg

Just got home from a race meeting. couldnt believe it when I heard the breaking news on 5live :o I'd put radio on in the van to see how Arse v Chelski was going.

Thanks skol, im sure Gol knew what I meant too, but he seems to like nit picking anything I ever say! :icon_lol:

What are you basing this "decent bloke" stuff on? Have you ever met him, are you mates? For the record, I have never met him, but I do know some people that have, and allegedly the guy's a complete cock.

Probably best not to assume anything then. I'll go on what he's said in the media, and maintain my thinking the guy is a dickhead. I have no sympathy whatsoever for the fool.

Ok, so YOU'RE allowed to have an opinion on him from what you've seen in the media, but Toonraider isn't.... :lol:

Thanks skol, im sure Gol knew what I meant too, but he seems to like nit picking anything I ever say! :icon_lol:

Ok, so YOU'RE allowed to have an opinion on him from what you've seen in the media, but Toonraider isn't.... :lol:

It's the way it's being stated as fact by many on here (not just her) that I find irritating. I don't particularly have an opinion one way or another, but he's done nothing to convince me that he's a "top bloke". Anyway, I'm just glad he's gone.

Another myth that's worth dispelling is what a great player he was here too, he was never anything other than mediocre, and if memory serves correctly, he didn't leave us on the best terms then either.

It's the way it's being stated as fact by many on here (not just her) that I find irritating. I don't particularly have an opinion one way or another, but he's done nothing to convince me that he's a "top bloke". Anyway, I'm just glad he's gone.

Another myth that's worth dispelling is what a great player he was here too, he was never anything other than mediocre, and if memory serves correctly, he didn't leave us on the best terms then either.

Equally I'm not really sure what he's done to convince everyone he's a heartless, moronic Rodent faced bastard either. :o

All I can say about Glenn is from MY own impressions I'd say he was a decent honorable man without a malicious bone in his body, and I've always been a very good judge of character, not been wrong on anyone yet!

You can tell he's the decent type, he may be incredibly dull, perhaps weak though. Infact I've never been very keen on him, but I still maintain he's a 'good' person and not a snake in the grass like alot of people in football (or any business) these days!

All I can say about Glenn is from MY own impressions I'd say he was a decent honorable man without a malicious bone in his body, and I've always been a very good judge of character, not been wrong on anyone yet!

You can tell he's the decent type, he may be incredibly dull, perhaps weak though. Infact I've never been very keen on him, but I still maintain he's a 'good' person and not a snake in the grass like alot of people in football (or any business) these days!

The fact he's resigned and kept his mouth shut shows that

How? What did you expect him to say? He hardly had cause for complaint when he was sacked.

How? What did you expect him to say? He hardly had cause for complaint when he was sacked.

Well he could do TV interviews and then re-write a book like Robson did (and understandably so).

Well he could do TV interviews and then re-write a book like Robson did (and understandably so).

Like anyone would read a book by Roeder. Could be a cure for insomnia I suppose.

Like anyone would read a book by Roeder. Could be a cure for insomnia I suppose.

Depends on what he talked about, Robson's was very interesting, both because he's had an interesting life and in the way it lifted the lid on what goes on at Newcastle.

I'd be very interested to see how much control Roeder (rather than FFS) had over transfers for example.

Depends on what he talked about, Robson's was very interesting, both because he's had an interesting life and in the way it lifted the lid on what goes on at Newcastle.

I'd be very interested to see how much control Roeder (rather than FFS) had over transfers for example.

He could also write about about how he has taken two clubs to relegation and two others to the brink of relegation. All written in the third person, of course.

He could also write about about how he has taken two clubs to relegation and two others to the brink of relegation. All written in the third person, of course.

:lol:

Stop being hysterical, Newcastle wasn't brought the the brink of relegation this season (as much as there were plenty of people running around with their pants on their head screaming about it not so long ago). :lol:

What we suffered this season comes from FFS behaviour since later in the Robson era and our record injury list this year (probably made worse by trying to compete in europe at the same time) more than Roeder.

Roeder for his managerial short comings, is more scapegoat for other issues than anything else (which is why I suspect the same old hate roundabout will be powering up next season for whomever does take the job).

Stop being hysterical, Newcastle wasn't brought the the brink of relegation this season (as much as there were plenty of people running around with their pants on their head screaming about it not so long ago). :lol:

What we suffered this season comes from FFS behaviour since later in the Robson era and our record injury list this year (probably made worse by trying to compete in europe at the same time) more than Roeder.

Roeder for his managerial short comings, is more scapegoat for other issues than anything else (which is why I suspect the same old hate roundabout will be powering up next season for whomever does take the job).

Seven points away from a relegation place with one match to go. Woopiedoopiedooo.

Roeder wasn't a scapegoat for anything. He was a victim of his tactical and managing incompetence.

Seven points away from a relegation place with one match to go. Woopiedoopiedooo.

Roeder wasn't a scapegoat for anything. He was a victim of his tactical and managing incompetence.

7 points in this seasons league means a lot more than it often does.

But again Allardyce or anyone wouldn't have had Newcastle rampaging up the table with the current squad and this seasons injury list.

And just look at how european football has tended to affect Bolton domestically.

That's not to say a better manager wouldn't have got us a few places higher, but europe? Unlikely.

And the brink of relegation stuff is still pure hysterics just as it was a few weeks ago here (it relied on us not picking up a point in 10 matches :o).

7 points in this seasons league means a lot more than it often does.

But again Allardyce or anyone wouldn't have had Newcastle rampaging up the table with the current squad and this seasons injury list.

And just look at how european football has tended to affect Bolton domestically.

That's not to say a better manager wouldn't have got us a few places higher, but europe? Unlikely.

And the brink of relegation stuff is still pure hysterics just as it was a few weeks ago here (it relied on us not picking up a point in 10 matches :o).

FFS, how many points have we taken in the last 10 matches? We haven't even scored at home since February! Two reversals would have been enough to get us relegated, and I can think of more than two matches we were lucky to win. Teams have been relegated before with our points total as it stands now, so I hardly thnk I am exagerating or being hysterical.

The only thing Shepherd is at fault with (although I admit it is a big thing) is appointing a manager as incompetent as Roeder. I've asked you before but you've never answered, can you actually think of a worse premiership manager than Roeder? I can't, his record is second to none in the shit stakes.

From .com

Revealing Stats:

Form guide

Glenn Roeder's dreadful run of results ultimately proved his undoing and few would argue that he deserved to keep his job based on what was certainly relegation form over his final 16 games:

P16 W4 D5 L7 Pts 17

So why on earth would anyone even contemplate employing a manager whose form over the same 16 games reads:

P16 W4 D4 late Pts 16

So who is that manager? Could it be one of the relegated duo Aidy Boothroyd or Alan Pardew? No, it's Sam Allardyce - seemingly our next manager....