Roeder and NUFC part company

The Mighty Hog

Guest alex

'Allardyce would have done better'

I'm getting a bit tired of this, it's complete supposition. Fat Sam has never had to motivate these players and has never had to turn a caretaker season into a top 6 finish in front of 52,000 fans.

If you're tired of it then just accept it as its pretty obvious its the case. Anybody who watched the team week in and week out could see all that was wrong with the team and the things that needed sorting. Roeder failed to, plenty of other managers and their teams (including but not exclusive to Allardyce) could and would have done.

I'm more than open to people having the opinion that there is better than Big Sam out there, i agree. I'm even willing to listen to people's reasons why they don't want him at all, that's their choice. But anyone who thinks he wouldn't have done better than Roeder is dillusional IMO, there are plenty of managers who would have.

It's complete guesswork. A totally different set of players, different club, different expectations and pressures and different distractions. No way can you just slot another manager in and say, yup, would have done better. You can't even get the fans to agree what midfield pairing to play.

Its all opinion, something you seem to clearly confuse with fact.

What's your point? I didn't say Allardyce wouldn't have done better did I?

If you want to be pedantic, it's my OPINION that the statement 'Allardyce would have done better' [with this squad this year] is an incorrect assertion based on the variables . No-one can say either way what would have happened, therefore any judgement on the merits of sacking Roeder for Allardyce on this basis is flawed.

Cop-out-tastic. :lol:

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're not having the fucking Uefa Cup run as a positive just in case you were even thinkng about it btw :lol::o

Cup runs rarely mean much unless you end up winning them, on the other hand with group stages especially, they are a drain and will often mess up most clubs league form, even ones without injuries and big high quality squads.

From his job point of view it would have been better never to have qualified through the Intertoto really.

From everyone's point of view it would have been better if he'd never got us to 7th last season.

Although that really still goes back to Robson's sacking.

Guest alex

You're not having the fucking Uefa Cup run as a positive just in case you were even thinkng about it btw :lol::o

Cup runs rarely mean much unless you end up winning them, on the other hand with group stages especially, they are a drain and will often mess up most clubs league form, even ones without injuries and big high quality squads.

From his job point of view it would have been better never to have qualified through the Intertoto really.

From everyone's point of view it would have been better if he'd never got us to 7th last season.

Although that really still goes back to Robson's sacking.

Eh?

SSH, who would you like to be installed as manager, realistically?

Gandhi, Martin Luther King, Mother Terasa of Calcutta ?

SSH, who would you like to be installed as manager, realistically?

Klinsman.

It's not who I want, it's the fact that yet again we have searched high and low and come up with the easy option, and now that we've had Souness and Roeder, everyone is happy to accept a man who frankly had no support a few years ago, and has a distinctly dodgy past, with virtually the same team in place. I certainly know that the options are restricted to the usual suspects - Hitzfeld type unobtainables or Bruce type no fucking wayers

With the exception of Ranieri (maybe) would any of those come to Newcastle?

Instead of wasting the millions on your Boumsongs and Luque's etc,maybe it's about time the fat one spent a few million on bringing in a quality world class manager who would then save millions by getting the raw talent into the club and setting up a decent coaching staff.

All but the bottom two are worth asking. Too many managers are just being dismissed without even being asked.

How do you know?

I know we had this a year ago but how do you know that fat boy hasnt been to them and they've laughed at him?

All but the bottom two are worth asking. Too many managers are just being dismissed without even being asked.

How do you know?

I know we had this a year ago but how do you know that fat boy hasnt been to them and they've laughed at him?

Do you honeslty think that's happened? Especially given the secrecy surrounding the latest farce at the club. One of the Fat Boy Three would have been shouting their mouth off about it

Juande Ramos

420643_mediumsquare.jpg

Gus Hiddink

hiddink_gus.jpg

Klinsmann

65652.jpg

Tinkerman for toon

pa47553_175x175.jpg

Louis van Gaal

vangaal_mikeegerton.jpg

Shhhh!!!

hitzfeld.jpg

Marcello Lippi

lippi_marcello.jpg

May as well add Wenger, Fergie, Mourinho, Benitez, Capello, Ancelotti and Scolari to that list to complete it :D

May as well add Wenger, Fergie, Mourinho, Benitez, Capello, Ancelotti and Scolari to that list to complete it :D

Probably need the lot in the dugout to get anywhere at this club

Instead of wasting the millions on your Boumsongs and Luque's etc,maybe it's about time the fat one spent a few million on bringing in a quality world class manager who would then save millions by getting the raw talent into the club and setting up a decent coaching staff.

I'm all for investing heavily in a world class manager, but you're assuming the people you listed are mainly motivated by money. I doubt they'd come, even for 10 million a year, and if they did, it wouldn't leave much left over for transfers.

I doubt they'd come, even for 10 million a year, and if they did, it wouldn't leave much left over for transfers.

Throwing that sort of money at a world class manager isn't the most ridiculous idea in the world. If we're paying the likes of Dyer and Duff a combined wage of around £140k pw it makes sense to pay the manager just as well seeing as they are the most important part of a team IMO.

I know I'm a clueless aussie twat, well actually steve is but I'll live with the label after this comment.

I don't see why people has dismissed the Mourinho link so quickly. It's football's worst kept secret that Hiddink is going there next season in some capacity and Mourinho's an arrogant enough prick to refuse to work with someone else and/or would want to prove to the world that he could succeed in the premier league without chelski.

The connection is already there from when he was offered the number two position and SBR's recent return to Newcastle matches could be more than him just wanting to enjoy the football(!)

Just a thought.

It's football's worst kept secret that Hiddink is going there next season in some capacity

There's a big difference between a rumour and a worst-kept secret. Besides, there will be BIG clubs in for Mourinho, and you shouldn't kid yourself that the bloke would want to waste any of his career at NUFC.

It's football's worst kept secret that Hiddink is going there next season in some capacity

There's a big difference between a rumour and a worst-kept secret. Besides, there will be BIG clubs in for Mourinho, and you shouldn't kid yourself that the bloke would want to waste any of his career at NUFC.

True Scot, to true but Mourinho is also the sort of strange bastid that would make a decision like that and if you look at the history of the fat man the fact that he's asked Glenn to move on just doesn't sit with the way he does things.

Plus I just put 20 'stralian paseos at 299/1 for him to take the job.

I'm probably wrong but there's also something about this post.

http://www.toontastic.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=13339

The fact it was posted before Roeder pulled the pin and Chelsea were still yet to lose the league.

:D The only "something" about that post is the faint whiff of bullshit. :(

Mourinho is not :( strange <_< enough to want to come and manage us mate. I reckon you've just wasted your pesos.

Edited by Gemmill