The Mighty Hog

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roeder out!

New manager in yearly sacking cycle In!

Seriously though, fuck off glenn

Hehe wait till this time next year, when whomever we get is sacked (again). :lol:

I don't know why people think the situation has changed from 12 months ago. No decent unemployed candidates, Souness is the standard of manager we pay off to get, and the same poison chalice hot-seat with the same squad.

Aye it's true that I think more than a summers rebuilding (unless we are talking Chelski money, which we patently aren't) that is probably needed.

Whoever succeeds Roeder needs time and money.... well unless they are completely shite or mad.

Edited by Fop

I don't know why people think the situation has changed from 12 months ago. No decent unemployed candidates, Souness is the standard of manager we pay off to get, and the same poison chalice hot-seat with the same squad.

Aye it's true that I think more than a summers rebuilding (unless we are talking Chelski money, which we patently aren't) that is probably needed.

Whoever succeeds Roeder needs time and money.... well unless they are completely shite or mad.

But from the same situation Roeder didn't need time or money?

He did, and although it's not a popular opinion here I think he'd have done better given both, but equally I couldn't really see him getting us back to Robson days (never mind Keegan days). His big downfalls are motivation and not being particularly tactically astute, buying well could have covered one of those but probably not both (even if we had the money to try).

But at the same time we've got to end the cycle of fire/hire/fire/hire or we'll only go down, some HUGE clubs can get away with that system, but even they probably suffer lower fortunes in the end from it.

He did, and although it's not a popular opinion here I think he'd have done better given both, but equally I couldn't really see him getting us back to Robson days (never mind Keegan days). His big downfalls are motivation and not being particularly tactically astute, buying well could have covered one of those but probably not both (even if we had the money to try).

But at the same time we've got to end the cycle of fire/hire/fire/hire or we'll only go down, some HUGE clubs can get away with that system, but even they probably suffer lower fortunes in the end from it.

People seemed to quickly forget that Roeder wasn't hired to recapture the Robson era, he was here to save us from where Souness was taking us, and whatever people say, with Micheal Owen we would have been nowhere near the drop this year, and would have had a year of team building and confidence under our belts. Now we have yet again another period of comings and goings. No doubt Titus gets another chance to prove himself to another manager, just when a manager had finally realised he was shite.

i hope this is true. im awaiting comfirmation like. fingers crossed.!!!!

nowt against the bloke as has been previously said but he isnt the man for the job like. shouldnt of got it in the first place.

People seemed to quickly forget that Roeder wasn't hired to recapture the Robson era, he was here to save us from where Souness was taking us, and whatever people say, with Micheal Owen we would have been nowhere near the drop this year, and would have had a year of team building and confidence under our belts. Now we have yet again another period of comings and goings. No doubt Titus gets another chance to prove himself to another manager, just when a manager had finally realised he was shite.

And that the first season without Shearer was always going to be difficult, both as a goal scorer (especially with Owen out) and as a motivational factor.

I still don't think Roeder would have gotten us a Champions League place, or even necessarily year in year out European qualification though even if we'd bought well this summer, but we would have done much better without this seasons horrific (even for us) injury list I'm sure.

Newcastle do need a period of calm and steadiness with rebuild on and off the pitch for certain, whether this will occur now, who's to say really (or whether we'll be back here in another 6-18 months).

Mickey Owen for player/manager? It's one way to keep him here for a while.

Don't suggest suggest things, FFS might be watching. :lol:

Mickey Owen for player/manager? It's one way to keep him here for a while.

Blackburn offered that to Shearer. :lol:

I know - he rejected it then left! If we trick Owen into signing it then no one else can actually buy him, can they?

My phone's stupid, I tried to tell my mate that "Roeder's gone" it thought I meant "Roeder's good".

Just got home from a race meeting. couldnt believe it when I heard the breaking news on 5live :lol: I'd put radio on in the van to see how Arse v Chelski was going.

Same happened when Sir Bobby got the push, that day was a bank holiday and we were on our way to a race track, couldnt help thinking today, 'hereeeee we go again!! Will we ever be a settled team with a manager we can respect? Will we ever have continuity at our club? I know Glenn had to go but lets hope to god this time we get the right person for the job, not just someone who happens to be available, we really are a laughing stock :D

Anyway, I'd say thanks Glenn for getting us out of Souness's shit and best of luck for the future, a top man but alittle out of his depth.