Roeder and NUFC part company

The Mighty Hog

i hope this is true. im awaiting comfirmation like. fingers crossed.!!!!

nowt against the bloke as has been previously said but he isnt the man for the job like. shouldnt of got it in the first place.

Roeder resigns as Newcastle boss

Glenn Roeder has resigned as manager of Newcastle United.

The Magpies have had a torrid time with injuries this season and currently lie 13th in the Premiership having failed to shine in the cup competitions.

Newcastle have not scored a league goal at St James' Park in over eight hours of playing time, which is their worst run since 1951.

Roeder and chairman Freddy Shepherd came under fire from fans after their home defeat by Blackburn on Saturday.

Shepherd confirmed to BBC Sport that 51-year-old Roeder has resigned.

Five Live's Ian Dennis said: "Roeder has resigned, walking away with immediate effect after being summoned to a hastily arranged board meeting on Sunday morning.

"It's no surprise in the north east that Sam Allardyce is already emerging as a strong favourite to replace him."

Roeder spent 15 months in charge at St James' Park including his spell as caretaker.

Story from BBC SPORT:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport1/hi...ted/6630751.stm

Published: 2007/05/06 19:37:46 GMT

© BBC MMVII

Guessing that's it confirmed then.. bit strange there's nowt on .cock like

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone would think they were waiting to inform his next of kin or something. Fucking joke of a club, I wish they would all fuck off

It is a bank holiday :lol:

How does that affect anything? Did the BBC reporter get stuck in traffic trying to get back to the office to file the report?

Just got home from a race meeting. couldnt believe it when I heard the breaking news on 5live :lol: I'd put radio on in the van to see how Arse v Chelski was going.

Same happened when Sir Bobby got the push, that day was a bank holiday and we were on our way to a race track, couldnt help thinking today, 'hereeeee we go again!! Will we ever be a settled team with a manager we can respect? Will we ever have continuity at our club? I know Glenn had to go but lets hope to god this time we get the right person for the job, not just someone who happens to be available, we really are a laughing stock :D

Anyway, I'd say thanks Glenn for getting us out of Souness's shit and best of luck for the future, a top man but alittle out of his depth.

By giving us our worst ever Premiership season? By giving us our worst home run in nearly 60 years?

On what evidence is he a top man by the way?

Just got home from a race meeting. couldnt believe it when I heard the breaking news on 5live :lol: I'd put radio on in the van to see how Arse v Chelski was going.

Same happened when Sir Bobby got the push, that day was a bank holiday and we were on our way to a race track, couldnt help thinking today, 'hereeeee we go again!! Will we ever be a settled team with a manager we can respect? Will we ever have continuity at our club? I know Glenn had to go but lets hope to god this time we get the right person for the job, not just someone who happens to be available, we really are a laughing stock <_<

Anyway, I'd say thanks Glenn for getting us out of Souness's shit and best of luck for the future, a top man but alittle out of his depth.

By giving us our worst ever Premiership season? By giving us our worst home run in nearly 60 years?

Jesus Christ man, Gol. You know what she means.

He took us to 7th that season. Fair play to him. He seems like a very nice bloke, hence the 'top man' bit.

I'm fucking over the moon at the minute. So happy when I found out he'd went :D

Same happened when Sir Bobby got the push, that day was a bank holiday and we were on our way to a race track, couldnt help thinking today, 'hereeeee we go again!! Will we ever be a settled team with a manager we can respect? Will we ever have continuity at our club? I know Glenn had to go but lets hope to god this time we get the right person for the job, not just someone who happens to be available, we really are a laughing stock <_<

He took us to 7th that season. Fair play to him. He seems like a very nice bloke, hence the 'top man' bit.

I'd take Souness over Roeder any day of the week.

I'd take Souness over Roeder any day of the week.

Both as bad as each other.

Anyone else got the all too familiar sense of foreboding?

We've been here before in September 2004 and February 2006 expecting a much better man to be drafted in only to be ultimately disappointed.

Roeder had to go, of that there is no doubt. But how many of you out there have faith in the man who has to appoint his replacement?

I certainly don't.

Anyone else got the all too familiar sense of foreboding?

We've been here before in September 2004 and February 2006 expecting a much better man to be drafted in only to be ultimately disappointed.

Roeder had to go, of that there is no doubt. But how many of you out there have faith in the man who has to appoint his replacement?

I certainly don't.

Nor do I but should we let this get in the way of this massive amount of euphoria? Lets face it, with Freddy's track record this may be the onlu optimistic time we get.

Gol is such a cock at times.

Because I think Souness is a better manager than Roeder? :lol:

I think he may have been hinting at your deliberately argumentative tactic towards ToonRaider.

I think he may have been hinting at your deliberately argumentative tactic towards ToonRaider.

I just think it's utter bollocks that Roeder is a nice man, and should be thanked for what he has done. Sorry if that came across argumentative, seeing that it's a different opinion and all that :D

It's a sad state of affairs though when we only get euphoric when a manager gets the push.

Yes, Roeder officially resigned but we all know he was asked to go.

I have absolutely no confidence in Shepherd getting this right tbh. Many are putting 2 and 2 together and assuming Allardyce will get the job. The one thing we'll do well to remember is assumption is the mother of all fuck ups, particularly where that fat bastard is concerned!

I just think it's utter bollocks that Roeder is a nice man, and should be thanked for what he has done. Sorry if that came across argumentative, seeing that it's a different opinion and all that :D

He should be praised for his time as caretaker, although I do believe that was down to Shearer motivating the players on and off the pitch. Freddy's to blame for appointing him.

It's a sad state of affairs though when we only get euphoric when a manager gets the push.

I have absolutely no confidence in Shepherd getting this right tbh. Many are putting 2 and 2 together and assuming Allardyce will get the job. The one thing we'll do well to remember is assumption is the mother of all fuck ups, particularly where that fat bastard is concerned!

Exactly, remember the horror of the news that Souness had been appointed.

Yep I agree with that one. The combination of Shearer and Roeder got us out of the shit at the end of 05/06.

When Shearer left the club at the end of the season, Fred should have shook Roeder's hand and thanked him for all his help and offered him his position in the academy back.

Instead he took the easy (and shit) option and offered him a full time contract. Can't blame Glenn for that one, it's Fred who has to answer.

Yep I agree with that one. The combination of Shearer and Roeder got us out of the shit at the end of 05/06.

When Shearer left the club at the end of the season, Fred should have shook Roeder's hand and thanked him for all his help and offered him his position in the academy back.

Instead he took the easy (and shit) option and offered him a full time contract. Can't blame Glenn for that one, it's Fred who has to answer.

I think Mr Tommy Craig was influencial also, both him and Shearer clearly helped Roeder that season.

And yet it's taken 9 pages for this to sink in. If anyone greeted this news with more than just a muttered 'good' then they want their head read. This is step 1 in a 10 step action plan needed to turn this club around. If have no confidence in step 2 being taken correctly.

Exactly, remember the horror of the news that Souness had been appointed.

You mean this little lot?

http://z7.invisionfree.com/toonchat/index.php?showtopic=210

http://z7.invisionfree.com/toonchat/index.php?showtopic=211

http://z7.invisionfree.com/toonchat/index.php?showtopic=214