Summer signings

Jonny_nufc

Which signing do you think could prove to be the most crucial?  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Owen for me. We were absolutely crying out for a top class striker.

Although Solano is also a very important signing. (Yes he will sign)...He has the ability to open up defences, whip crosses in and never gives away posession.

What do you lot think?

Edited by Jonny_nufc

It's so hard to choose...

Owen - world class, but we're yet to see it in action

Solano - goes without saying!

Emre - What we've seen has been so promising, just hope he isn't always so injury prone!

Parker - awesome, no other word for it - finally a replacement holding midfielder for Rob Lee

Luque - Need to see more of him to make a judgement

Clark - emotional return - hope it's more productive than Elliott's

Moore - an addition to the squad, not everyone's choice but better than nothing at all!

It has to be Parker for me!

It's so hard to choose...

Owen - world class, but we're yet to see it in action

Solano - goes without saying!

Emre - What we've seen has been so promising, just hope he isn't always so injury prone!

Parker - awesome, no other word for it - finally a replacement holding midfielder for Rob Lee

Luque - Need to see more of him to make a judgement

Clark - emotional return - hope it's more productive than Elliott's

Moore - an addition to the squad, not everyone's choice but better than nothing at all!

It has to be Parker for me!

25708[/snapback]

I agree with that about Parker like, i think he will turn out to be a top player for us.

Parker for me.

I don't think our defence was too bad last season, it's just we lost possession so easily that they were under the kosh too often. Parker doesn't give it away and fights like mad to get it when we don't have it. Moneywise Parker for JJ looks an absolute steal. I don't know why Liverpool didn't buy Parker. He'd be a natural replacement for Hamann who's getting on now.

Villa giving Milner match experience (he's still wors) while we get decent delivery from the Nobster is also great news.

Michael Owen too, what a turnaround!

Parker for me. At last a bit of class in midfield, protects the back four, works his arse of, always looking for a splitting pass. Now we have a pacy quality centre forward we might find the Parker-Owen connection works very well. Solano is also important. Yes, he's not the greatest winger in the world, but he knows Shearer's game and Big Al needs all the help he can get at the minute.

I don't think you can pick out a single player. We desperately needed width so Luque and Solano were essential. After the disasters that were Butt and Faye we desperately needed a holding midfielder so we got Parker who I agree has looked awsome. And after losing Kluivert and (especially) Bellamy we have looked embarassing up front so a striker had to be signed.

They were all needed badly so like I say you can't really pick just one but if I were forced I would say it has to be Owen simply because of what his signing has done for the fans and no doubt the players too. We all needed a lift and I can't think of a better one than him.