What band are you going to see tonight?

sammynb

Going to get my Maximo Park tickets on Saturday, if they still have some left :(

tsk...call yourself a fan....I got mine two weeks ago :razz:

Such a fan you bottled the last gig. :wub:

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to get my Maximo Park tickets on Saturday, if they still have some left :(

tsk...call yourself a fan....I got mine two weeks ago :(

Such a fan you bottled the last gig. :wub:

shurrup man woman man...I was ill :razz:

Cesspit Rebels.

They sound pleasant.

They're awesome. :wub: Bunch of ageing punkers who nearly made it into "A Song For Europe" a few years back with a nostalgic ditty by the name of "Rush Goalie" ("No oranges for our half-time / No crusty git to run the line / Rush Goalie thinks he's doing fine / But we've lost 15-49" etc.). Supoib.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just got a free ticket to go to Tennent's Vital tonight in Belfast.

Lineup is:

Main Stage:

The Killers

Kasabian

Mark Ronson

The Shins

Albert Hammond Jr

Radio 1 Incoming Stage:

The Holloways

Alloy Mental

I Was A Cub Scout

Karma 45

Black Alley Screens

Anyone worth paying attention to apart from The Killers and The Shins?

• 9 months later...

Watched Lykke Li at the Night and Day cafe in Manchester, she's captivating. Great voice, great energy on stage, short set and her pantomime encore was a (very impressive)cover of "Can I kick it" by A Tribe Called Quest.

But to be honest her support "El Perro del Mar" was even better, she has an angelic voice; innocent, powerful almost ethereal.

God that sounds wanky :D

She's got high class top knockers and I'd ravage that fookin' harridan. :icon_lol:

that's better :nah:

• 2 years later...

I see Elbow have announced a show in Toon next March.

Off to see the Charlatans next Thursday, then things go quiet for until Feb/March then it's Swervedriver, Deerhunter, The Swans, Jim Jones Review and Interpol. :icon_lol:

Went to the Royal Opera House last night for an evening of Kurt Weill songs, don'tcha know. :icon_lol:

Therapy?, Dar Williams, Godspeed You Black Emperor and Justin Townes Earle are among the near-future treats.

Went to the Royal Opera House last night for an evening of Kurt Weill songs, don'tcha know. :icon_lol:

Therapy?, Dar Williams, Godspeed You Black Emperor and Justin Townes Earle are among the near-future treats.

I'm very jealous, I don't think they will every make it south of the equator.

And are Therapy still around? Do they still have two bass players?

Went to the Royal Opera House last night for an evening of Kurt Weill songs, don'tcha know. ;)

Hm, did they ever? They certainly had a cellist/guitarist fella for a while, which was a bit odd, so chances are he doubled up on every other instrument too. Anyway, they're still plugging away to a small but loyal audience, aye. This gig is a double-set thing, they're playing Troublegum in full plus a regular set with special guests etc. - like a farewell gig but without actually fucking off. :icon_lol: Of course it'll be a bit cack, but the 15-year-old inside me (:icon_lol:) can't resist.

Went to the Royal Opera House last night for an evening of Kurt Weill songs, don'tcha know. ;)

Hm, did they ever? They certainly had a cellist/guitarist fella for a while, which was a bit odd, so chances are he doubled up on every other instrument too. Anyway, they're still plugging away to a small but loyal audience, aye. This gig is a double-set thing, they're playing Troublegum in full plus a regular set with special guests etc. - like a farewell gig but without actually fucking off. :icon_lol: Of course it'll be a bit cack, but the 15-year-old inside me (:icon_lol:) can't resist.

The band with the two bass players were (probably!) Neds Atomic Dustbin

Therapy?

Swervedriver

Charlatans

bit of a 90s revival thing going on?.....not seen Swervedriver but seen the other two..and Neds...all quality :panic:

Cancelled his gig at the Cluny :icon_lol:

Aye, he was meant to be playing here tomorrow night but the tour was postponed when he went into rehab. They've rescheduled the date here for January (it's not on his site yet but I've had an e-mail from the venue), so hopefully they'll manage the same there...

Just bought tickets to see Paul Weller play here in August.

Going to see Weller next month.

Can't wait to see Primal Scream playing Screamadelica as well.

Went to the Royal Opera House last night for an evening of Kurt Weill songs, don'tcha know. :gay:

Hm, did they ever? They certainly had a cellist/guitarist fella for a while, which was a bit odd, so chances are he doubled up on every other instrument too. Anyway, they're still plugging away to a small but loyal audience, aye. This gig is a double-set thing, they're playing Troublegum in full plus a regular set with special guests etc. - like a farewell gig but without actually fucking off. :lol: Of course it'll be a bit cack, but the 15-year-old inside me (:icon_lol:) can't resist.

The band with the two bass players were (probably!) Neds Atomic Dustbin

Therapy?

Swervedriver

Charlatans

bit of a 90s revival thing going on?.....not seen Swervedriver but seen the other two..and Neds...all quality :good:

Yeah, maybe I'm wrong on that one, I knew Ned's had two bass players but for some reason I thought Therapy? did as well.

Going through the collection I realised the last release of their's I bought was Pleasure Death from 1992, so I'm a bit out of date. There was a band from Melbourne called Denial, two bass players, who reminded me of Therapy?, so maybe that's where I went wrong.

PL if you ever get the chance to see Swervedriver I highly recommend it. Thing is they broke up in 1998 and now only do the occasional show. Over the last three years, since they decided to play together again, they've played four shows in London, one in Glasgow, one in Oxford, toured the States, have two shows coming up in Norway and Denmark and then four shows in Australia of which I'm going to try to get to three - Brisbane/Sydney/Melbourne.

But Adam Franklin, the lead singer/songwriter, is doing a show in London 7 December at the Buffalo Bar (http://buffalobar.co.uk/venue.htm) if you're interested.

IMHO he has to be one of the best but under-rated guitarists in the world.

Oh and The Fall are doing a show in Sydney next month but I'm away for work :(