Well I say let's all..........

Noelie

I'm pretty sure anything involving FFS will be murky, but still if he was just after cash he'd have not resigned.

Actually FFS may well not have realised such a thing was possible. :lol:

He'll have been paid off man, stop being so naive. If not, we'll hear all about what an honourable person he is, just like we were with Gullit.

Well if he's been paid off it will have been off the books. That might explain why Big Sam is coming

I'm pretty sure anything involving FFS will be murky, but still if he was just after cash he'd have not resigned.

He'll have been paid off man, stop being so naive. If not, we'll hear all about what an honourable person he is, just like we were with Gullit.

Maybe, but other managers weren't paid off or at least didn't take whatever "settlement" was offered.

I find it hard to believe FFS would simply offer him the rest of his contract paid up, or even a gold handshake, and the option to resign, unless he was on peanuts and it only did have a few weeks to run.

But anyway this getting off the point of this thread:

DIE ROEDENT DIE!!!!!!!

He wasn't after cash at all, read the statements when he was hired, everything was geared around not wanting to lumber the club if he failed.

I maintain that Fred would have put some kind of restriction on next year and Roeder's told him to fuck off. If this was all planned and we really did want Sam then why didn't we just go and get him last year? The whole mess of the PR around this extraordinary meeting screams of an unintended outcome.

Oh aye it's another FFS panic attack without doubt, whether this one will have better longterm results we'll just have to wait and see.

Btw, in an interview just on Friday I think, the bloke was practically begging to keep his job until Christmas. Does that sound like a man who would voluntarily resign after the next match?

I don't even blame him, it's natural he will want as much cash as possible. But don't expect me to like him ffs. At the end he is as bad as Souness.

Maybe, but other managers weren't paid off or at least didn't take whatever "settlement" was offered.

I find it hard to believe FFS would simply offer him the rest of his contract paid up, or even a gold handshake, and the option to resign, unless he was on peanuts and it only did have a few weeks to run.

DIE ROEDENT DIE!!!!!!!

Well the point of it to me seems to be "what a nice chap he is", without any foundation.

DIE ROEDENT DIE!!!!!!!

Well the point of it to me seems to be "what a nice chap he is", without any foundation.

I wonder if James Milner thought he was a nice man when he was sent to Villa and then called back at the last minute?

Btw, in an interview just on Friday I think, the bloke was practically begging to keep his job until Christmas. Does that sound like a man who would voluntarily resign after the next match?

I don't even blame him, it's natural he will want as much cash as possible. But don't expect me to like him ffs. At the end he is as bad as Souness.

I don't think anyone has to like him.

However the sheer level of HATE he's got would be comical if frankly it weren't a bit sad.

Going from here you'd expect 1/2 the fans he might meet face to face to genuinely try to kill him. :lol:

Edited by Fop

You've got it totally wrong in my opinion. Go and read the statements he made when he was hired. He was keen to get a chance to do this job with a full squad. He's been restricted in some way due to doubts by the board and he's decided to resign. At the end of the day, do you really expect him to beg to keep this job, given the fact he didn't initially want it, and the low opinion everyone had of him?

DIE ROEDENT DIE!!!!!!!

I wonder if James Milner thought he was a nice man when he was sent to Villa and then called back at the last minute?

On his performances that doesn't stand up to examination. You wouldn't get that performance from a player who didn't respect you.

DIE ROEDENT DIE!!!!!!!

On his performances that doesn't stand up to examination. You wouldn't get that performance from a player who didn't respect you.

You would if that player was desperate to just play?

DIE ROEDENT DIE!!!!!!!

I doubt it.

DIE ROEDENT DIE!!!!!!!

I doubt it.

I know plenty of footballers who play well despite not liking the manager. Many of them were part of a team which was on its way to winning League one this season. Amazing their relief when he decided to move on to another team.

DIE ROEDENT DIE!!!!!!!

I doubt it.

I know plenty of footballers who play well despite not liking the manager. Many of them were part of a team which was on its way to winning League one this season. Amazing their relief when he decided to move on to another team.

IF NUFC had any players who put effort in irrespective of who the manager was then we would be in Europe right now.

Actually FFS may well not have realised such a thing was possible. :o

DIE ROEDENT DIE!!!!!!!

I doubt it.

IF NUFC had any players who put effort in irrespective of who the manager was then we would be in Europe right now.

You said Milner did tbh :lol:

Actually FFS may well not have realised such a thing was possible. :o

DIE ROEDENT DIE!!!!!!!

I doubt it.

You said Milner did tbh :lol:

I said Milner respected the manager and put effort in for him

No, you've assumed that, saying that if he didn't respect him, he wouldn't have played well. I pointed out an example of where some players play well despite their relationship with the manager.

I know we're both assuming, but I would have thought that Milner would have been pretty pissed off with how Roeder treated him last summer. Are you saying that there's no way at all he would have played well if that were the case? :lol:

No, you've assumed that, saying that if he didn't respect him, he wouldn't have played well. I pointed out an example of where some players play well despite their relationship with the manager.

I know we're both assuming, but I would have thought that Milner would have been pretty pissed off with how Roeder treated him last summer. Are you saying that there's no way at all he would have played well if that were the case? :lol:

Of course he was pissed off but I think assuming that Roeder and Milner didn't talk about the situation, explain what went on and the reasons/pressures behind it, and put it all behind them for the good of the team, is the naive position.

People have blithely assumed a lot about Roeder's abilities when it comes to talking to players, on the basis of what the players have or have not done.