Yakubu Middlesbro' 12

Anelka Bolton 11

Johnson Everton 11

Lampard Chelsea 11

Martins Newcastle 11

Van Persie Arsenal 11

Viduka Middlesbro' 11

Zamora West Ham 11

Pretty sad reading tbh,whatever happened to the 30+ goals a season striker?shows how the standards have dropped imo

Drogba Chelsea 19

Ronaldo Man Utd 16

McCarthy Blackburn 15

Rooney Man Utd 14

Bent Charlton 12

Doyle Reading 12

Kuyt Liverpool 12

Yakubu Middlesbro' 12

Anelka Bolton 11

Johnson Everton 11

Lampard Chelsea 11

Martins Newcastle 11

Van Persie Arsenal 11

Viduka Middlesbro' 11

Zamora West Ham 11

Pretty sad reading tbh,whatever happened to the 30+ goals a season striker?shows how the standards have dropped imo

I was just saying that actuall the other day to one of me mates. No doubt if Henry had been fit all season he'd be on and around the 30 mark.

It epitomises what the game has become to me...... focused totally on defence.

Keegan said in that interview the other week that, had Newcastle won the league in 1996, it would have changed the face of English football and other teams would have followed the entertaining style of making sure you score one more than the opposition does.

Instead, people see what Keegan did as a failure and are too scared to end up the same way so defensive, some would say 'Arsenal-style' football has become the norm. I think the only club in the country which challenges that theory is perhaps Man Utd.

It's not pretty, it's not that entertaining, but it does appear to be effective. :lol:

Keegan said in that interview the other week that, had Newcastle won the league in 1996, it would have changed the face of English football and other teams would have followed the entertaining style of making sure you score one more than the opposition does.

Instead, people see what Keegan did as a failure and are too scared to end up the same way so defensive, some would say 'Arsenal-style' football has become the norm. I think the only club in the country which challenges that theory is perhaps Man Utd.

It's not pretty, it's not that entertaining, but it does appear to be effective. :lol:

With the amount of money in the game, there is simply too much at stake for teams to be attack minded. With Abramovich's money, Chelsea had the chance to change this, but their football is the most defence minded of the lot, and it's influence is seen throughout the league....how often do you hear of a someone playing 'in the Makalele role'?

I'm not even sure Man U does in a long term sense, this season they have to a degree, but it's the current squad and confidence, take 2-3 key attacking/creative players away and they'd become much more boring boring Arsenal than KK's Entertainers. :D

I agree with you Luke, it is all down to the money at stake.

Shame really but with football becoming more of a business than a sport, the entertainment side of things has been drained away.

Chelsea could have changed it, but they were more focused on winning.

Does that mean after they win the league this year more teams are likely to copy them? I hope so.

Man U don't win because of tactics alone. Fergie doesn't stand for losers, he employs players with a winning mentality, he has the luxury of not having to keep shite like Dyer et al when they prove time and again they haven't got the stones for winning.

Notice the absence of that wonderful genius Berbatov.

He's in a league of his own tbh. When he goes to Man United for £60m he'll score 50 a season :lol:

I bet Sima's already getting ready to celebrate the quadrouple next season.

He's in a league of his own tbh. When he goes to Man United for £60m he'll score 50 a season :lol:

Why do you think he hasn't posted on here for a few days. Didn't you see him on SSN with the Man United players, celebrating the title?

He's in a league of his own tbh. When he goes to Man United for £60m he'll score 50 a season :o

Why do you think he hasn't posted on here for a few days. Didn't you see him on SSN with the Man United players, celebrating the title?

My god some of the mongs they interviewed in pubs yesterday :lol:

Must have - that or he's not got the time for Toontastic as he has several Man Utd forums to post on.

Last player other than Henry to score 25 was RVN, and before that Sewpa Kev in 99/00.

05/06

27 T. Henry

21 R.v. Nistelrooy

18 D. Bent

16 F. Lampard

16 W. Rooney

04/05

25 T. Henry

21 A. Johnson

14 R. Pires

13 F. Lampard

13 J.F. Hasselbaink