Doesn't it strike anyone as odd?

So, he was offered the job and declined it 3 years ago

Less than a year ago we were looking for a manager, Sam presumably didn't pick up the phone

Just a year later Sam decides he's had enough at Bolton, and wants to come to NUFC?

It's as suspect as one his transfers.

Well, if he wanted to stay with Bolton and finish his work there, fair enough. A year ago, Im not so sure we approached him or anyone as we took the easy option.

Im not the biggest fan of SA, but this isnt something Id loose sleep over if he came.

Well, if he wanted to stay with Bolton and finish his work there, fair enough. A year ago, Im not so sure we approached him or anyone as we took the easy option.

Im not the biggest fan of SA, but this isnt something Id loose sleep over if he came.

That's what I'm saying. 3 years ago he wanted it. Ayear ago he didn't. Now he does?

That's what I'm saying. 3 years ago he wanted it. Ayear ago he didn't. Now he does?

It's called 'changing your mind' :lol:

3 years ago he didnt want it, a year ago I doubt he was offered it. A year ago he had a go at GR being offered the post due to qualifications, maybe he did want it then but wasnt approached?

There might be more to it than meets the eye and knowing NUFCoaks we'll find out about the surprise twist sooner rather than later.

Well if you believe the rumours he was told there wouldn't be much of a transfer kitty again at Bolton this summer and he may need to sell Anelka to raise funds. Maybe this finally made up his mind.

Well if you believe the rumours he was told there wouldn't be much of a transfer kitty again at Bolton this summer and he may need to sell Anelka to raise funds. Maybe this finally made up his mind.

Apart from the extra £30m from TV?

He wanted £100M

He wanted £100M

Must be off to Madrid then

I think last year things were complicated by the England vacancy which Big Sam definately wanted. If Shepherd had waited until that was sorted out before appointing a new manager there would have been a lot more candidates.

I think last year things were complicated by the England vacancy which Big Sam definately wanted. If Shepherd had waited until that was sorted out before appointing a new manager there would have been a lot more candidates.

Well, there would have been one other shit one.

Unless Bolton have confirmed that money will be used for transfers I don't see your point?

Unless Bolton have confirmed that money will be used for transfers I don't see your point?

Well is it's not available for transfers whose fault is that? Who has spent all their money so that the TV windfall needs to be spent on debt relief or wages? I mean what kind of club would be daft enough to do that..... :lol:

They arent exactly known for giving Sam huge sums of cash every summer though.

He seemed happay about that for 15 years. Perhaps now his special cut is missing?

15 years? I think you are looking too much into conspiracy theories on this. He has made grumbles in the past about a lack of funds being given to him and rumour has it he was told he wouldn't be given much again this summer. A lot more believable than a lot of "theories" going about.

He seemed happay about that for 15 years. Perhaps now his special cut is missing?

You're one negative bastard aren't you :lol:

The club is pushing me over the edge. I counted myself as one of the optimists a few years ago, or possibly even 12 months ago. This final farce has put paid to that.

The club is pushing me over the edge. I counted myself as one of the optimists a few years ago, or possibly even 12 months ago. This final farce has put paid to that.

By the way, where has the "15 years" thing come from?

It's called exaggeration for the supporting of a point :o

Put it this way, can you remember with any detail how Big Sam got on at any other club?

It's called exaggeration for the supporting of a point :o

Put it this way, can you remember with any detail how Big Sam got on at any other club?

Asking the wrong person. I remember him from Blackpool and Notts County, but probably because I follow lower league football. I know what you're getting at though, and I made a similar point in a different thread. Bolton have had shocking form since the turn of the year, and then the manager quits. Certainly something strange going on somewhere.