Soccer

Walliver

GAA people in Ireland call it soccer, because to them, football is that game where you pick up the ball and kick it over the bar! 'Soccer and other foreign codes' were banned from Croke Park until this year.

So just wankers then, basically. :lol:

I'm not prone to defend the "wankers" in fact quite the opposite but you have to consider that Soccer is considered a nick-named version of Association and that in the United States the 'Wanks' have their own game of so called "American Football"

I delight in asking Americans why they call their game "football', pointing out that in actual fact an entire game could be played with the ball only being kicked twice. Once at kick-off to start the game and once to start the second half.

So just wankers then, basically. :D

What about double wankers? :o

Keep me out of this, ok ?

:lol:

So just wankers then, basically. :D

What about double wankers? :o

Keep me out of this, ok ?

double? Impotence starting to catch up with you Jimbo? I thought you were a 8 on the trot kinda guy.

GAA people in Ireland call it soccer, because to them, football is that game where you pick up the ball and kick it over the bar! 'Soccer and other foreign codes' were banned from Croke Park until this year.

Ok so Lukes theory is still intact then

Ok so Lukes theory is still intact then

Too right!

So just wankers then, basically. :o

I'm not prone to defend the "wankers" in fact quite the opposite but you have to consider that Soccer is considered a nick-named version of Association and that in the United States the 'Wanks' have their own game of so called "American Football"

I delight in asking Americans why they call their game "football', pointing out that in actual fact an entire game could be played with the ball only being kicked twice. Once at kick-off to start the game and once to start the second half.

They should come up with another more fitting name for their "football", such as "spackerball", thus freeing up the term "football" for proper football. The wankers. :lol:

So just wankers then, basically. :o

They should come up with another more fitting name for their "football", such as "spackerball", thus freeing up the term "football" for proper football. The wankers. :lol:

"Spackerball" nah, I've often thought it should be called 'American Rugby' as it has far more similarities. Egg-shaped ball, touch-downs, kicks for extra points, same goal-posts, carry the ball in their hands, tackles, drop-kicks, and they can make lateral passes if they want to.

yes its true that it's been called soccer here for ever but theres been a big push in recent years to drop that word. All the official organisations have all taken soccer out of their names and replaced it with football as it should be, its just the uncultured that are left calling it soccer. It doesnt help when there are at least 3 other games here also called football, but they rightly call it Australian Football, and they do mainly use their feet, unlike Spackerball in America. The other footballs are Rugby League and Union, mainly in the northern states...

The socceroos

Consistent with my wankers theory. :o

yes its true that it's been called soccer here for ever but theres been a big push in recent years to drop that word. All the official organisations have all taken soccer out of their names and replaced it with football as it should be, its just the uncultured that are left calling it soccer. It doesnt help when there are at least 3 other games here also called football, but they rightly call it Australian Football, and they do mainly use their feet, unlike Spackerball in America. The other footballs are Rugby League and Union, mainly in the northern states...

See we're trying not to wank as much :lol: