Why is everyone so happy?

I fail to see anything good about Roeder resigning other than the fact he has gone. THis gets a resounding 'meh' from me.

We now seek our 5th manager in 10 years, and Fred has saved himself for another year after bowing to fan pressure. What exactly is there to be ecstatic about?

"NUFC have managed to attract Sam Allardyce"

I actually feel sick.

I fail to see anything good about Roeder resigning other than the fact he has gone. THis gets a resounding 'meh' from me.

We now seek our 5th manager in 10 years, and Fred has saved himself for another year after bowing to fan pressure. What exactly is there to be ecstatic about?

I actually feel sick.

I dont think anyone is really dancing in the streets on this and yes its just another chapter in the NUFC saga however its the passing of (yet another) bad period.

I am happy because for once Fat Boy has managed to do a sacking at the right time and (appears) to have a replacement lined up rather than letting Roedent spend 20million before sacking him and taking anyone available 5 weeks into the season.

As much as I hate to say it, beggars can't be choosers. There aren't anymore 'Bobby Robsons' out there and very few have faith that Alan Shearer could be the next Kevin Keegan. It'd be great if we could attract a top, world class manager but it's never going to happen for several reasons. Roeder did what needed to be done for the good of the club (albeit probably with a helping shove from the fat man), we all know what needs to be done at the club but maybe, just maybe this can be looked on as a nearly clean slate - with a bit of luck we 'might' get someone who can reform things and start a proper rebuilding process and get us back on track.

I actually feel sick.

Who's ecstatic like?

I actually feel sick.

Who's ecstatic like?

Read the first 8 pages of the Roeder's gone thread

I actually feel sick.

I dont think anyone is really dancing in the streets on this and yes its just another chapter in the NUFC saga however its the passing of (yet another) bad period.

I am happy because for once Fat Boy has managed to do a sacking at the right time and (appears) to have a replacement lined up rather than letting Roedent spend 20million before sacking him and taking anyone available 5 weeks into the season.

So Fred is given credit for hiring Glen for two years and firing him after one? On the justification that he won't waste £20m? What about the fact we now have a squad of players assembled under 3 managers, some of which most probably won't suit the requirements or style of the next manager, requiring more money to be spent anyway? And that includes the presumption that this time Fred appoints someone who won't waste £20m on crap

I actually feel sick.

So Fred is given credit for hiring Glen for two years and firing him after one? On the justification that he won't waste £20m? What about the fact we now have a squad of players assembled under 3 managers, some of which most probably won't suit the requirements or style of the next manager, requiring more money to be spent anyway? And that includes the presumption that this time Fred appoints someone who won't waste £20m on crap

Who's giving Shepherd credit?

etc

When I saw the news as the 3rd item on teletext(1st and 2nd item being about ManUtd winning the league), my first feeling was embarassment. Then relief that Roeder was gone.

I actually feel sick.

Who's giving Shepherd credit?

PP:

"I am happy because for once Fat Boy has managed to do a sacking at the right time"

I actually feel sick.

And the alternative?

Bury our heads in the sand and hope Roeder comes good? Anybody who was there on Saturday (and the many times before that) could see that Roedent was out of his depth. Its been said a thousand times before but hes the only manager (sorry ex-manager) I know that stands on the touchline until the opposition scores and then sits down and shuts up!

I actually feel sick.

And the alternative?

Stop pretending that FF ever does anything right and stop supporting him by buying tickets / shirts etc etc

I actually feel sick.

And the alternative?

Stop pretending that FF ever does anything right and stop supporting him by buying tickets / shirts etc etc

So basically stop supporting newcaslte united because our chairman is shit?

Then stop sitting on the sidelines giving out advice and do something about it, its easy for someone to sit faceless behind a computer and tell others to stop spending money, dont buy your season ticket etc while still doing it themselves.

Set up a protest group and make yourself heard.

Theres 100Mb of webspace here for you to get started, that is if you are serious. :lol:

I actually feel sick.

And the alternative?

Why not? Do you think we are going in the right direction?

Do you class being happy at 5 managers in 10 years and booing the team as 'support'?

I actually feel sick.

I think for once, people are a tad hopeful of the future, don't think anyone is happy though. FFS we will most probably finish with our lowest points total and have just seen another manager fail.

I actually feel sick.

And the alternative?

Do you class being happy at 5 managers in 10 years and booing the team as 'support'?

Doesn't change the fact I love the club and want to see it do well, it's like my mum, I don't always like her but I always love her

Nice bit of loyalty shining through from you there SSH :lol:

I actually feel sick.

And the alternative?

I really hope you're not using my post as proof that Im happy with the situation here? What Im saying is the sacking of Roeder was done at a better time than the alternative. I may have given FFS credit but it was through gritted teeth

Its a double edged sword though aint it. Do you really want the club to suffer? I'll buy a new shirt when I get around to it over the summer, Ill renew my ticket not too long after I get the application (or might delay a week to be really daring :lol: ) me and no doubt thousands of others.

Maybe its that blindness that the club/chairman know only too well.

Im glad GR has gone, but equally hesitant to who might come in. Though the current trend suggests a half decent manager now. (One good followed by two shite).

Im not elated, far from it. While Id acceopt Sam now (and would not have a while ago) its with reluctance. We aint that good anymore and it shouldnt take much to improve.

Then stop sitting on the sidelines giving out advice and do something about it, its easy for someone to sit faceless behind a computer and tell others to stop spending money, dont buy your season ticket etc while still doing it themselves.

Theres 100Mb of webspace here for you to get started, that is if you are serious. :lol:

I haven't bought a shirt or a season ticket since SBR got the sack.

A protest group would achieve nothing, it's clear there is no real support for doing the unthinkable.

A protest group would achieve nothing, it's clear there is no real support for doing the unthinkable.

So are you saying you have not been to a match in three years?

And (playing devils advocate here) can you prove thats not just down to personal circumstance or even laziness rather than as a protest? There is no use in protesting alone, set out your aims and build up a band of people all doing the same otherwise frankly, you're just another person who cant be arsed/ cant afford/ isnt allowed by the missus to go to the match.

And (playing devils advocate here) can you prove thats not just down to personal circumstance or even laziness rather than as a protest? There is no use in protesting alone, set out your aims and build up a band of people all doing the same otherwise frankly, you're just another person who cant be arsed/ cant afford/ isnt allowed by the missus to go to the match.

I've picked and chosen my matches since, although this might change next year with the credit cards, as tickets might not be so available.

I'm not wasting my time organising a protest, that's just daft. It's not worth the time when it's clear there is no appetite for it. I bet if you polled the board now you would get 80% of ST's now renewing on the back of Roeder leaving.

The days are long gone when fan opinion mattered anyway, anyone who still thinks fans mean anything to NUFC beyond whether they are spending money is daft

I've picked and chosen my matches since, although this might change next year with the credit cards, as tickets might not be so available.

I'm not wasting my time organising a protest, that's just daft. It's not worth the time when it's clear there is no appetite for it. I bet if you polled the board now you would get 80% of ST's now renewing on the back of Roeder leaving.

The days are long gone when fan opinion mattered anyway, anyone who still thinks fans mean anything to NUFC beyond whether they are spending money is daft

Why are you a football fan?

Newcastle with Roeder as manager = me pissed off with the way the club is run.

Newcastle after Roeder has gone = me pissed off with the way the club is run, but relieved that Roeder isn't part of it.