Geordie Boy Lee Clark

Tooj

But I believe that, irrespective of who comes in, Clark will stay on in his current role as reserve-team coach because Shepherd considers him to be the archetypal Geordie who was brought back to the club to show the young players what it means to wear the black-and-white shirt.

:lol:

:lol: I'm trying to figure out just how stupid you have to be to think this is the fundamental skill required to succeed. I think I need a lobotomy...

Im not sure I go for the Clark baiting, Ive seen nothing to say hes shite at what he does or that he doesnt have the best interests of the club at heart.

At the same time it shouldnt be Shepherds role to decide who is in suh an important job as Reserve team coach that should be down to the manager (shouldnt it?) as these are the players who may well play a part in the season and therefore need to be coached to the same standards etc as the first team.

But I believe that, irrespective of who comes in, Clark will stay on in his current role as reserve-team coach because Shepherd considers him to be the archetypal Geordie who was brought back to the club to show the young players what it means to wear the black-and-white shirt.

Its Anal at his best isn't it, and worryingly its what Fat Fred believes as well!!!

How about we try the outrageous idea of bringing a coach in on the basis that they're a good coach, i know thats revolutionary stuff up here but i'm willing to give it a try!

Or we could stick to the current method of picking coaches where you have to fill one of the following criteria:

1. You're a geordie

2. You've played for the club and/or understand the club/area/fans

3. You're Terry Mac

4. You've shown no talent or apptitude whatsoever for coaching

Im not sure I go for the Clark baiting, Ive seen nothing to say hes shite at what he does or that he doesnt have the best interests of the club at heart.

I'm not his biggest fan (shocker), but I agree that there's as yet no evidence either way on how he's going to work out as a coach, it's more the idea that a man must first understand the complex mysteries of Geordie to do a job at Newcastle. I believe it's the basis of Lara Croft's next adventure.

I'm also not convinved that Shepherd sees the world the way this shite is portrayed by Oliver either btw.

Edited by ObaGol

Anal is clutching at straws, he was clearly had strong contacts with Roeder, hence his constant defending of the loon, now that connection is lost he's out of the loop.

The backroom staff are responsible for the lack of passion and motivation of the club.

The whole point of getting in a new manager is because his policies, methods and staff didn't work.

Get the lot out!

You've only got to look at Rangers if you think appointing someone with the ability but no idea of the area/passion/tradition is enough to see how it can go very wrong very quickly

That's why someone like Klinsman would be a good shout

And for the record, the boy Clark shamed a few pro's last season on the pitch, so don't tell me he doesn't know anything about being a Premiership footballer

You've only got to look at Rangers if you think appointing someone with the ability but no idea of the area/passion/tradition is enough to see how it can go very wrong very quickly

That's why someone like Klinsman would be a good shout

And for the record, the boy Clark shamed a few pro's last season on the pitch, so don't tell me he doesn't know anything about being a Premiership footballer

At the same time it shouldnt be Shepherds role to decide who is in suh an important job as Reserve team coach that should be down to the manager (shouldnt it?) as these are the players who may well play a part in the season and therefore need to be coached to the same standards etc as the first team.

As long as he's being kept on because he's shown excellent coaching skills then I too don't have a problem with him.

However, you can't help but feel he's been given the job on the basis of who he is and where he's from. All part of the Geordie Nation bollocks. Look at Beardlsey, all those complaints against him etc yet there was never any doubt he'd keep some sort job at the club. Jobs for the boys, circle of trust and all that shite.

If Allardyce does get the job i can see a few noses being pushed out of joint including the fat man's thats why I'm not to sure he'll get it.

FS want's a submissive bitch not a manager.

On another note, the bit about senior players approaching FS and telling him Roeder had lost it, does it mean everytime they fancy a change they can just play shite, get the fans going then run to the chairman crying.

Edited by Wacky Jnr

I'm not convinced how pivitol the role of reserve coach is the club anyway.

On SSN yesterday they had an article about how the likes of Wenger and Mourinho would like to have their reserve teams playing in the league the same way they do in other contries and they were talking to Gary Ablett who's the bin dippers reserve coach. It made me think that I had never noticed him on the bench for Liverpool games (most if not all of their senior coaches seem to be foreign) the way Clarkie is for us.

Let's face it, very few of the senior players get anything other than an occasional run out for the reserves anyway.

I'm not saying that we should just let any idiot take charge of the reserves but that if we had a propper first team coaching set up, it possibly shouldn't be such a high profile role!

On SSN yesterday they had an article about how the likes of Wenger and Mourinho would like to have their reserve teams playing in the league the same way they do in other contries and they were talking to Gary Ablett who's the bin dippers reserve coach. It made me think that I had never noticed him on the bench for Liverpool games (most if not all of their senior coaches seem to be foreign) the way Clarkie is for us.

Let's face it, very few of the senior players get anything other than an occasional run out for the reserves anyway.

I'm not saying that we should just let any idiot take charge of the reserves but that if we had a propper first team coaching set up, it possibly shouldn't be such a high profile role!

Exactly.

But look at most football clubs and how they are set up in terms of coaching staff. Ever notice the amount of coaches Liverpool have? When they beat Chelsea last week they were all on the pitch afterwords and were celebrating with the players... we honestly have Clark (reserve team coach who shouldn't be near the first team on that basis), Terry Mac (who doesn't even come out for the warm ups), Genoe (GK coach), and the fitness coach who does the warm up routines.

I remember Allardyce saying he had 29 members of staff working for him at Bolton, ok maybe it's quality not quantity but surely they would be more prepared than NUFC with our set up.

Nutritionists, psychologists, etc. all play there part and even if they only bring out an extra 1% of the players then surely they are worth having.

Exactly.

But look at most football clubs and how they are set up in terms of coaching staff. Ever notice the amount of coaches Liverpool have? When they beat Chelsea last week they were all on the pitch afterwords and were celebrating with the players... we honestly have Clark (reserve team coach who shouldn't be near the first team on that basis), Terry Mac (who doesn't even come out for the warm ups), Genoe (GK coach), and the fitness coach who does the warm up routines.

I remember Allardyce saying he had 29 members of staff working for him at Bolton, ok maybe it's quality not quantity but surely they would be more prepared than NUFC with our set up.

Nutritionists, psychologists, etc. all play there part and even if they only bring out an extra 1% of the players then surely they are worth having.

I wonder what ever happened that meant Clarkie boy got promoted....

Exactly.

So the fact that Terry Mac doesn't come out for warm ups has led you to deduce we don't have a nutritionist

Exactly.

So the fact that Terry Mac doesn't come out for warm ups has led you to deduce we don't have a nutritionist

Because we do? And a psychologist? And we use prozone?

Exactly.

Don't we? I don't know, and neither do you.

Guest alex

Exactly.

Do you think the club is well run and structured SSH? It's just I think that it probably isn't was the point being made.

Exactly.

Have a look.

http://www.bwfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Squad...~670354,00.html

http://www.bwfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Squad...~670359,00.html

http://www.bwfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Squad...~670351,00.html

Compared to:

Football Management

First Team Manager VACANT

Caretaker Manager Nigel Pearson

Reserve Team Manager Lee Clark

First Team Coach Lee Clark

First Team Coach Terry McDermott

GK Coach Terry Gennoe

Academy Manager Joe Joyce

Academy Coach Kenny Wharton

Academy Coach Peter Beardsley

Academy Fitness Coach TBA

Academy GK Coach Adam Sadler

Academy Physiotherapist Kev Bell

Physiotherapist Derek Wright

Assistant Physio Paul Ferris

Fitness Coach Adrian Lamb

Chief Scout David Mills

Exactly.

Have a look.

http://www.bwfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Squad...~670354,00.html

http://www.bwfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Squad...~670359,00.html

http://www.bwfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Squad...~670351,00.html

Compared to:

Football Management

First Team Manager VACANT

Caretaker Manager Nigel Pearson

Reserve Team Manager Lee Clark

First Team Coach Lee Clark

First Team Coach Terry McDermott

GK Coach Terry Gennoe