Allardyce isn't in...yet

Andrew

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your opinions are worth fuck all though because you're coming across as a complete tart.

The fact you view Allardyce as a manager on a par with Roeder shows how little you know about football.

Well cheers Skol, let's take a look at what an improvement people thought Roeder was at the time...

http://www.toontastic.net/forum/index.php?...ic=3958&hl=

Holy shit!! Sounds VERY similar to what's being said about Allardyce now tbh.

Time will tell.

Thanks for resorting to insult though.

Your opinions are worth fuck all though because you're coming across as a complete tart.

The fact you view Allardyce as a manager on a par with Roeder shows how little you know about football.

Well cheers Skol, let's take a look at what an improvement people thought Roeder was at the time...

Time will tell.

:D interesting read

Time will tell.

Don't know, this was rather anti-Souness than anything else...

At this point nobody saw him as the next permanent manager tbh.

Edited by Isegrim

Time will tell.

I wanted Roeder as a caretaker and, as I was well aware of his limitations, did not want him as the full time manager. No contradiction there.

Interesting that the Allardyce nay sayers are so far unable to come up with a feasible alternative and are unable to name a premiership manager with a record worse than Roeder's.

Time will tell.

:( interesting read

I wanted Roeder as a caretaker and, as I was well aware of his limitations, did not want him as the full time manager. No contradiction there.

Interesting that the Allardyce nay sayers are so far unable to come up with a feasible alternative and are unable to name a premiership manager with a record worse than Roeder's.

Boothroyd :D

Time will tell.

<_< interesting read

How many relegations does he have? How many promotions does Roeder have?

:(

Time will tell.

Now who's sounding like Leazes?

Keegan, SBR, Mourinho, Ferguson, Wenger, Benitez - All had never managed in the Premiership before

And why is Klinsman not a 'feasible' alternative?

That square peg doesn't fit that round hole, let's try this triangular one.

Nah, just as well leaving the square one tbh.

Time will tell.

<_< interesting read

How many relegations does he have? How many promotions does Roeder have?

:(

Oh, thought you meant actually IN the premiership.

I like Klinsman and think he's a good manager but I don't know why anyone would rather have a manager who has zero management experience at club level over someone who has bags of it.

Anyway to answer your questions: He's not a feasible alternative because he's a foreigner and because NUFC simply can't afford to give someone with no club management experience the job. If we did appoint him and he did a Gullit here, I bet you'd be the first to whinge for the club appointing someone who has never managed a club before.

BTW Big Sam has acheived a hell of a lot more than Klinsman has as manager. A hell of a lot more.

Lastly, what on earth makes you think Klinsman would even give us the time of day never mind say aye to a job offer? Or any other manager come to think of it? Not exactly knocking at the door are they.

I don't know why I'm bothering mind, this is the same kid who wouldn't have Mourinho here because he's a bit of a twat. :D

I like Klinsman and think he's a good manager but I don't know why anyone would rather have a manager who has zero management experience at club level over someone who has bags of it.

Anyway to answer your questions: He's not a feasible alternative because he's a foreigner and because NUFC simply can't afford to give someone with no club management experience the job. If we did appoint him and he did a Gullit here, I bet you'd be the first to whinge for the club appointing someone who has never managed a club before.

BTW Big Sam has acheived a hell of a lot more than Klinsman has as manager. A hell of a lot more.

Lastly, what on earth makes you think Klinsman would even give us the time of day never mind say aye to a job offer? Or any other manager come to think of it? Not exactly knocking at the door are they.

I don't know why I'm bothering mind, this is the same kid who wouldn't have Mourinho here because he's a bit of a twat. :D

If you read my original post, I never said he would come. The point being he is of a profile and an experience and a familiarity of the Premiership/NUFC to warrant ASKING. Furthermore, to mitigate the risk of doing a Gullit, I suggested a 1 year trial contract, which I believe is possibly agreeable to both sides.

Achievement? There is quite rightly nothing to compare between the two. In one measure, Fat Sam has achieved nothing compared to Klinsman, for another measure it is the reverse. I dismiss this as an irrelevance.

Not risking a foreigner? That viewpoint quit rightly gets laughed off most places that I see it, and is as bad as Fat Fred's Geordie nation shite.

As for not risking a manager without experience, why not? Christ, it's not like we are risking not getting a CL place if we don't go for Fat Sam is it? Whereas if we actually appointed a high profile manager who knows where we might get to? Your mentality just strikes me as .... safe. Keegan said it well, some people at this club don't know how to win.

As for Mourinho, I'm pretty sure we covered that chestnut, so don't even try and bring it up in support of your frankly weak case.

Time will tell.

Interesting read :(

Anyway, Leazesmag had editted my post in that thread! :D

Though as Isegrim said it wasn't entirely serious, it was anti Souness so basically anything we thought wrong with him was being attributed right in Roeder's case, including things like not being a prick etc.

The difference with Allardyce is the things said about him are based on years of his work at Botlon and everything you hear and read about him and how Bolton are/were run from top to bottom. With Roeder it was based on however many games that thread was after Souness fucked off!

As you say time will tell, but for me Allardyce is streets ahead of Roeder and will show this next season, how well he does exactly, who knows. One thing is for sure he'd leave this club in a much more proffesional state than when he found it!

Edited by Papa Lazaru

If you read my original post, I never said he would come. The point being he is of a profile and an experience and a familiarity of the Premiership/NUFC to warrant ASKING. Furthermore, to mitigate the risk of doing a Gullit, I suggested a 1 year trial contract, which I believe is possibly agreeable to both sides.

He once played in the Premiership, which is a whole lot different to managing in the Premiership. Lets give Vinnie Jones a call, after all, he has no club management experience, but being a big shot movie star now, he has the profile... utter bollocks. Profile for what? Why does a manager need a profile to manage Newcastle?

Achievement? There is quite rightly nothing to compare between the two. In one measure, Fat Sam has achieved nothing compared to Klinsman, for another measure it is the reverse. I dismiss this as an irrelevance.

In management, Klinsman hasn't acheived anything compared to Big Sam. What the two achieved in their careers as footballers means fuck all in relation to management. I dismiss that as an irrelevance. The fact you dismiss managerial achievements though says a lot, it is no wonder you want the club to appoint anyone when you dismis such important stuff as meaning nothing. Lets give it to Zippy, he'll keep the mongs entertained and in Bungle, George and Jeffry, that could be some backroom team there.

Not risking a foreigner? That viewpoint quit rightly gets laughed off most places that I see it, and is as bad as Fat Fred's Geordie nation shite.

Agreed, but you can't influence Freddy Shepherd to go foreign when he is so stuck on British/Geordie is best first. Never gonna change, it is even pointless discussing foreign managers while he's in control of the club.

As for not risking a manager without experience, why not? Christ, it's not like we are risking not getting a CL place if we don't go for Fat Sam is it? Whereas if we actually appointed a high profile manager who knows where we might get to? Your mentality just strikes me as .... safe. Keegan said it well, some people at this club don't know how to win.

Why not? Lets see now, well our finances mean money could well be tight so we need someone who can work on a limited budget, someone who knows the markets if you like. Klinsman hasn't bought or sold a player yet, but hey, what the fuck, he has a big profile. You can't be serious... This is a critical period in the club's history, we can't afford to gamble. Don't get me wrong, I'm not adverse to thinking outside the box, but there is a time and a place to do that and looking at all the issues and concerns at United right now, this just isn't the time or place to be so brave because there is a hell of a lot to lose, more ground on the top 6 for one, bums on seats, our finances are a mess, clubs like Bolton and Reading are finishing above us, Spurs, Villa and even the mackems are looking good for the future. To go out and appoint a manager with no club experience, never mind Premiership experience (management) and ask that man to overhaul every single area of the club, deliver top 6 football and good cup runs, entertain the fans, buy and sell well and maybe, just maybe, win a trophy, is bordering on madness because there is nothing concrete to suggest he could, just hope and some daft stuff about profile or whatever. At least with Big Sam you know he can overhaul every aspect of a club and can consistently deliver high league finishes which he has done for Bolton pretty much since their first season back in the Premiership. 8, 6, 8 and another top 8 finish this season most likely. All this on a transfer budget of zero and at a small club like Bolton who can't even fill their stadium. You can't blame the club for wondering now what could he do here at Newcastle can you and you can't really not see logic behind this move, if indeed he does join us. For once this would be a common sense appointment based on sound logic and good reason, an appointment not to appease fans with sexy football, or to rid the club of ill discipline, but to cover all the areas in which the club needs to sort out and recover in, while being able enough to finish in the top 6 and manage on what will be a reduced budget due to the financial mess we are in.

You go ahead and appoint Klinsman and after a year of Gullit like football, don't fucking whinge because he wasn't what you hoped. It isn't about that now, it's about what WE NEED. The club, not us. I want great football, and all that crap, but what the club needs is far more important - a complete overhaul and there is only one man available who has shown he can do that.

As for Mourinho, I'm pretty sure we covered that chestnut, so don't even try and bring it up in support of your frankly weak case.

Aye, he's no Klinsman like :D

Im gutted that allardyce is going to be the manager.

I can honestly say bolton play the least attractive football to watch i have EVER seen. Im not anti Bolton what-so-ever i am just of the opinion that if im going to pay £590 every year for my seaston ticket i at least get too watch good attacking football.

I will never ever cheer if we win a throw-in near the opposition box as big sam had going at bolton like wise with corners..... ha

in my opinion allardyce is a complete gamble to bring in. hes done a great job at bolton with little money. He has taken ageing players past their prime and got every last ounce out of them and that is too his credit. But newcastle is different . We need a coach who can yes motivate but also and above everything else dictate to the players what they need to do . Some one with tactical nouse. Think about the alkmaar game . Van gaal mocked roeder in the press conference even after they got hammered 4-2. he said we had absolutely zero tactics and didnt that show in the 2nd leg when we got butchered.

I am certain big sam will come in but i would be alot happier if it was sum1 with a little bit more gile than someone who actually rates and plays people like kevin davies at premiership level.

Hiddink for the Toon !

Keep the faith :D

He once played in the Premiership, which is a whole lot different to managing in the Premiership. Lets give Vinnie Jones a call, after all, he has no club management experience, but being a big shot movie star now, he has the profile... utter bollocks. Profile for what? Why does a manager need a profile to manage Newcastle?

In management, Klinsman hasn't acheived anything compared to Big Sam. What the two achieved in their careers as footballers means fuck all in relation to management. I dismiss that as an irrelevance. The fact you dismiss managerial achievements though says a lot, it is no wonder you want the club to appoint anyone when you dismis such important stuff as meaning nothing. Lets give it to Zippy, he'll keep the mongs entertained and in Bungle, George and Jeffry, that could be some backroom team there.

Agreed, but you can't influence Freddy Shepherd to go foreign when he is so stuck on British/Geordie is best first. Never gonna change, it is even pointless discussing foreign managers while he's in control of the club.

Why not? Lets see now, well our finances mean money could well be tight so we need someone who can work on a limited budget, someone who knows the markets if you like. Klinsman hasn't bought or sold a player yet, but hey, what the fuck, he has a big profile. You can't be serious... This is a critical period in the club's history, we can't afford to gamble. Don't get me wrong, I'm not adverse to thinking outside the box, but there is a time and a place to do that and looking at all the issues and concerns at United right now, this just isn't the time or place to be so brave because there is a hell of a lot to lose, more ground on the top 6 for one, bums on seats, our finances are a mess, clubs like Bolton and Reading are finishing above us, Spurs, Villa and even the mackems are looking good for the future. To go out and appoint a manager with no club experience, never mind Premiership experience (management) and ask that man to overhaul every single area of the club, deliver top 6 football and good cup runs, entertain the fans, buy and sell well and maybe, just maybe, win a trophy, is bordering on madness because there is nothing concrete to suggest he could, just hope and some daft stuff about profile or whatever. At least with Big Sam you know he can overhaul every aspect of a club and can consistently deliver high league finishes which he has done for Bolton pretty much since their first season back in the Premiership. 8, 6, 8 and another top 8 finish this season most likely. All this on a transfer budget of zero and at a small club like Bolton who can't even fill their stadium. You can't blame the club for wondering now what could he do here at Newcastle can you and you can't really not see logic behind this move, if indeed he does join us. For once this would be a common sense appointment based on sound logic and good reason, an appointment not to appease fans with sexy football, or to rid the club of ill discipline, but to cover all the areas in which the club needs to sort out and recover in, while being able enough to finish in the top 6 and manage on what will be a reduced budget due to the financial mess we are in.

You go ahead and appoint Klinsman and after a year of Gullit like football, don't fucking whinge because he wasn't what you hoped. It isn't about that now, it's about what WE NEED. The club, not us. I want great football, and all that crap, but what the club needs is far more important - a complete overhaul and there is only one man available who has shown he can do that.

Aye, he's no Klinsman like :D

I'm holding you to every single word in that post a year from now, seeing as you seem to think it's such a shoe-in. The man you paint is a positive footballing Superman, with infinite abilities. He has managed Bolton, so what? If you're so desperate for a proven manager at the highest level why not approach Strachan, or anyone who has done something even close to managing a club the size of NUFC. Bolton is a small town club where Fat Sam was king of the castle. At NUFC there are hundreds of cooks to spoil the broth, and in a few months time, his achievements will mean jack shit.

Christ had you been in charge we would never have ended up with Keegan, lest you forget the circumstances of his appointment. Your post positively oozes mediocrity and lack of ambition. You even cite the MACKEMS *spit* as an example, forgetting they took a gamble and appointed an untried manager, when arguably if it had gone wrong they would have disappeared forever. For every experienced manager you name I can name one that has completely fucked up a different job after years of sterling service at a different club. There is NOTHING to risk from trying something for a year and it not working and parting ways, every bastard year we piss money up the wall so what's the point in pretending it's not going to happen with Fat Sam. You honestly value a dead cert top 8 finish that much? Or do you think he's going to resurrect the expensive talent we have collected? You think Fat Sam could attract Klose to the team? Or Ballack maybe? Well maybe in a few years time.

As for achievements, Klinsman has already managed a team in the World Cup, something the man you have just written a page and half about would gladly drop the NUFC job light a lead weight for.

That square peg doesn't fit that round hole, let's try this triangular one.

Nah, just as well leaving the square one tbh.

Another question dodged there, HF.