Allardyce isn't in...yet

Andrew

With the amount of attributes being accredited to Allardyce it's a wonder he hasn't quit Bolton and set up an international school of football management.

Can I be the first of many to say: Oh do fuck off you stupid tit.

It's well known the man is head and shoulders above the majority of other managers when it comes to fitness, diets, coaching etc. He took Gary Speed, who every Newcastle fan would admit had lost a yard or two of pace, and made him last for a few more years.

Now i'm not the biggest Allardyce fan and I don't expect immediate results from him but the mans reputation preceeds him. We've been crying out for a manager who knows what he's doing off the pitch and aswell as on it and he's someone who could potentially drag us back into the upper half of the Premiership.

Fuck off yourself. The idea that Fat Sam is the only manager out there with these ideas and methods is laughable.

It's one extreme to the other, Roeder is an absolute buffoon who knows abslutely nothing, Allardyce is a pioneering leading edge expert manager.

What a crock of shite.

The only manager? No. The only manager Freddy would touch with a pole the size of my MASSIVE cock? Yes.

Allardyce is fucking Einstein compared to Roeder. You may not like it but if you can put forward a realistic target i'll be all fucking ears.

Klinsman? You should know you copied it off me. (Admittedly I copied it off Meenzer)

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's kept a small club in the top eight for five seasons in a row, spending next to nowt to achieve this.

What does the guy have to do to convince the naysayers?

Something approaching a task the size of managing NUFC might be a start. Answering questions about bung allegations and why he turned us down 3 years ago and why he didn't give us a call last year would also help.

If Allardyce is appointed (and currently I don't have an opinion on whether this is a good selection or not) how much time is the general fanbase of NUFC going to wait for results from SA? For that matter, what manager would have the supporters full backing to take as long as he needed to build a team of contenders?

Just curious.

He's kept a small club in the top eight for five seasons in a row, spending next to nowt to achieve this.

Something approaching a task the size of managing NUFC might be a start. Answering questions about bung allegations and why he turned us down 3 years ago and why he didn't give us a call last year would also help.

First of all, what makes you think we're a big club? There are only three things that are big at NUFC at the minute - Freddy's waistline, the first team's wage bill and the fans expectations.

I can't be arsed to get into the bung side of things as Freddy's probably as bent as a nine bob note, too.

I personally could not give a toss either that he turned us down three years ago. Unfortunately for you SSH, this job isn't the holy grail of world football and people will turn it down.

If Allardyce is appointed (and currently I don't have an opinion on whether this is a good selection or not) how much time is the general fanbase of NUFC going to wait for results from SA? For that matter, what manager would have the supporters full backing to take as long as he needed to build a team of contenders?

Just curious.

If the club looks as if it's going in the right direction off the pitch then I can wait a season or two. Aslong as we don't go backwards and get dragged into a relegation battle then i'm prepared to give Allardyce time. One thing is club needs is stability and unless it goes completely tits up Allardyce should be given the chance to deliver it.

First of all, what makes you think we're a big club? There are only three things that are big at NUFC at the minute - Freddy's waistline, the first team's wage bill and the fans expectations.

I can't be arsed to get into the bung side of things as Freddy's probably as bent as a nine bob note, too.

I personally could not give a toss either that he turned us down three years ago. Unfortunately for you SSH, this job isn't the holy grail of world football and people will turn it down.

If you think managing Bolton is the same as managing NUFC, that's fine. If you think it's OK to hold out for the manager of Bolton to become available while he sorts out what he wants to do with his life, that's also fine.

Can i just say - Newcastle united are not a big club!

We have the potential to be a big club, but we arnt there yet.

Hitzfeld, klinsman, mourinho etc etc wouldnt touch us with a barge pole, we all know this - but toon fans (including myself) are often overly optimistic.

big sam is is the best option for our club in its current position.

He has a proven track record of excellent coaching - we have terry mac.

He has a proven scouting network (based on the transfers he's made within budget) - we send lee clark.

in all seriousness - if he gets a 2 year deal and gets us 2 years of uefa cup football, i'd say that was a success.

I dont think he's gonna be the manager to help us crack the top 4 - but he may give the manager that succeeds him the chance to give it a fucking good try.

Bottom line - the club is in a mess from top to bottom and hes the right man at the right time.

By that logic Fat Sam is actually taking a step down to come here, which is patently rubbish. And you have absolutely no basis whatsoever to make that claim about Klinsman, you ask him whether he thinks NUFC is a big club, I'm pretty sure he would say yes.

The error occuring now is that Fred still thinks we ARE a big club and mistakenly believes Fat Sam is a TOP manager

By that logic Fat Sam is actually taking a step down to come here, which is patently rubbish. And you have absolutely no basis whatsoever to make that claim about Klinsman, you ask him whether he thinks NUFC is a big club, I'm pretty sure he would say yes.

The error occuring now is that Fred still thinks we ARE a big club and mistakenly believes Fat Sam is a TOP manager

i dont think sam is taking a step down because the toons potential is greater than boltons.

if klinsman wanted to manage in the premiership he'd want a london club (most likely tottingham hotspurs).

i agree that freddies geordie nation mentality blinds him somewhat.

by the way - i'm not saying that allardyce is the ideal candidate .

both the club and allardyce will benefit from this - the clubs infrastructure will be overhauled and allardyce will (hopefully) have an even more impressive cv should he ever apply for the england job again.

Edited by Lazarus

Theres still time, why not create a website, in fact I'll even order the domain name for you...klinsforthetoon.com now get out there and research golf courses my good man.

Fat Sam IS taking a step down by coming here and a gamble. He could have stayed at Bolton and kept them ticking along, never getting into the Champions League but just motoring nicely or he can take what is arguably one of the biggest challenges in football by working for Fred, taking more transfer funds and seeing what he can do with some big name players. He was never going to get the budget at the Reebok to give him the chance to push for greater things, here he probably will. He knows he was guaranteed a job for life at Bolton now hes living on his wits.

As for how long hes got, I for one will be happy if in the next 2 seasons he manages to stabilise us and stop the stupid results, getting us results against those we should be beating and stop us from throwing games away. Bring some belief into the team and sort out the backroom staff by getting people who are actually qualified not just because they were born here/ played for us.

This is a club with the potential to be big, we are not big (in footballing terms) anymore, yes we have the fanbase and the turnover but we're behind the likes of Bolton, Portsmouth, Spurs and Villa in the way we are ran and the likelihood of moving forward.

I've given up deluding myself that we are going to employ the biggest names in management, given up the belief that we will win the league or for that matter even a cup. What I do have at the moment is the optimism that we are finally looking to move in the right direction, that Freds finally realised what we have all secretly know for at least 3 seasons (that we are not a challenge to the big 4) and that he once and for all is looking to a longer term plan.

For those reasons and those alone, I have faith in the appointment of Big Sam.

If you think managing Bolton is the same as managing NUFC, that's fine. If you think it's OK to hold out for the manager of Bolton to become available while he sorts out what he wants to do with his life, that's also fine.

Of course the two jobs are different yet you have suggested Klinsmann as a superior alternative on the basis of one good campaign in international football which is completely different to club football. The point is that there does not appear to any other better qualified managers with relevant PL experience readily available to take the job and as Shepherd is unlikely to make an inspired Wenger-like appointment I'll welcome the reasonably safe option of Allardyce.

At this moment in time he is precisely the right man.

And next week he'll be the big faced fucker that everyone hates, no doubt. :lol:

At this moment in time he is precisely the right man.

And next week he'll be the big faced fucker that everyone hates, no doubt. :lol:

He probably will if you keep harping on about it. :D

I didn't know I had such influence. :o (send me cash *waves hand mystically*)

The only think I'm not sure of is if it will be because of results or something else like taking over from McClaren.

Anyone got a list of ex-internationals the wrong side of 30 available for nowt in the summer?

I think that was brought on more by the pervailing finances of Bolton, rather than Allardyce's prefference.

We'll sharp find out when the summer rumours take-off

Well, I am not excited, but far happier than with the last two appointments.

I'd hoped for a more inspirational decision, but with the board unlikely to go for a foreign manager Allardyce was the most progressive solution available. He certainly has a lot of attributes requiered to change the setup of NUFC. I am still sceptical about his football philosophy, but I will wait and see how he adapts to the needs of Newcastle United.

And it will be interesting how far the board is going to back him in restructuring the club (if you remember them blocking the introduction of computer analysis etc. in the past).

I'd hoped for a more inspirational decision, but with the board unlikely to go for a foreign manager Allardyce was the most progressive solution available. He certainly has a lot of attributes requiered to change the setup of NUFC. I am still sceptical about his football philosophy, but I will wait and see how he adapts to the needs of Newcastle United.

And it will be interesting how far the board is going to back him in restructuring the club (if you remember them blocking the introduction of computer analysis etc. in the past).

That's probably the crux, to produce this backroom revolution will require a fair bit of investment (and willingness to do so), money that's going to put a squeeze on other resources and I can't see us being exactly the bottomless pit we once were.

Given that the squad needs strengthening anyway, and that many we have now will be leaving or need to be replaced, I think something will have to give.

What will have to give is the likes of Dyer and Bramble being paid megabucks for fucking around.

Aye, but to be replaced with what?

There's a world of difference between building a team that is cheap and effective in gaining points and cracking CL qualification or actually getting anywhere in europe.

That's exactly it, everyone's ecstatic because he's not Roeder or Souness, without assessing Fat Sam in the context of running a massive club with millions to spend.

And I'm mystified as to the rubbish being spouted about how the club is run / structured, most of it is conjecture based on dodgy press articles. I don't recall Nigel Pearson ever being a geordie or an ex player. I recall Kevin Bond had a good reputation, I wonder why he got fired?

That's exactly it, everyone's ecstatic because he's not Roeder or Souness, without assessing Fat Sam in the context of running a massive club with millions to spend.

And I'm mystified as to the rubbish being spouted about how the club is run / structured, most of it is conjecture based on dodgy press articles. I don't recall Nigel Pearson ever being a geordie or an ex player. I recall Kevin Bond had a good reputation, I wonder why he got fired?

I don't judge anything based on dodgy press articles (are there any who have criticised the structure at Newcastle). I base my judgement of what I see. And under the recent two managers I saw dubious tactics, unfit and/or out of form players, players who are not improving. I have seen foreigners who don't settle. Clearly all signs of a club well run...

I saw dubious tactics, unfit and/or out of form players, players who are not improving. I have seen foreigners who don't settle. Clearly all signs of a club well run...

All of which I had seen at one time or another under SBR / Keegan

Do you expect players to pull out all the stops for a manager who people were wanting sacked after 6 months? You expect foreign players to be happy in NUFC, how many managers has Emre had now? You expect players to improve when they're being to to fuck off by the fans?

Blithely blaming this malaise on the manager is daft