Allardyce isn't in...yet

Andrew

He had two transfer windows and a whole year on the training ground to work on the shortcomings in central defence.

Better defensive record than Allardyce's Hard working, organised, tactically sound Bolton though.

Sure, the Newcastle's defensive problems are less down to the number of goals conceded but rather the way, they are conceded, i.e. individual mistakes aka 'doing a Bramble'.

And when looking at the figures you have also to take into accound that opposition teams still treat the likes of Bolton and Newcastle differently though. Despite grossly underperforming most of the bottom half teams see Newcastle still as a threat and play far more defensively than they do against other teams. That's a difference to Bolton who like to sit back themselves most of the times.

Who was the first Newcastle manager to recognise Bramble was shit and try to do something about it?

It would have been Roeder. He was the first and only manager who faced the scenario of Bramble's contract running out though. And he was still contemplating for some time to hand him a new one unto the Alkmaar game...

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alex

The only game being played is the lets pretend type, whereby we suspend all past knowledge and blame Roeder for the fact the NUFC defence has included Bramble this season.

It took until Alkmaar away for Roeder to work that one out. Portsmouth away and Bramble was a canny player again. Nice one Glenn.

The only game being played is the lets pretend type, whereby we suspend all past knowledge and blame Roeder for the fact the NUFC defence has included Bramble this season.

It took until Alkmaar away for Roeder to work that one out. Portsmouth away and Bramble was a canny player again. Nice one Glenn.

If Allerdyce comes in quickly enough, I wouldn't be surprised to see him keep Bramble.

Guest alex

If Allerdyce comes in quickly enough, I wouldn't be surprised to see him keep Bramble.

He might do. I'd have more confidence in him getting performances out of him that the previous two. Overall though it's only because we are so thin on the ground in that position that I would even consider hanging onto Bramble for another season or two.

He might do. I'd have more confidence in him getting performances out of him that the previous two. Overall though it's only because we are so thin on the ground in that position that I would even consider hanging onto Bramble for another season or two.

If we let Bramble go we're going to need 3 new centrebacks IMO, as well as replacements for other positions such as fullbacks. We simply cannot afford to replace the entire team.

....and Nicos was in love with Rodent.

I don't like seeing my money wasted on paying off a year of his contract and 3 years of Allardyces when I think they are about evenly matched. It's not that I like Roeder any more, I've said if Allardyce had replaced Souness and the debate was now "Shall we get Roeder?" I'd be saying no to that too.

If either moves costs us nothing I'll be less against it, but still think it's optimistic to see him finish much higher than Roeder did last season.

Reading through this two things stand out.

SSH thinks Bolton are a top flight club. :lol:

SSH also loves his club - that much is apparant.

But before a top flight manager can be appointed, we have to become an attractive proposition to him.

anyway - i said my bit earlier.

Guest alex

I don't like seeing my money wasted on paying off a year of his contract and 3 years of Allardyces when I think they are about evenly matched. It's not that I like Roeder any more, I've said if Allardyce had replaced Souness and the debate was now "Shall we get Roeder?" I'd be saying no to that too.

If either moves costs us nothing I'll be less against it, but still think it's optimistic to see him finish much higher than Roeder did last season.

Evenly matched? I think Roeder's without equal in the Premiership tbh :lol: