Boring Football/Attractive Football

Chaser

Having heard a lot of opinions about Allardyce's style of play - particularly those who dislike it because they say its negative and its hoof n run stuff i ask this question - Would you rather we play boring unattractive football, score more goals than the opposition and finish in a reasonable position?

OR

would you rather play gung ho football, pass it about a lot, hit the bar a lot but not put the ball in the back of the net while the opposition play the unattractive stuff and get the result meaning we again fail to achieve a top half finish?

Frankly I dont honestly think Newcastle have played attractive football since the heady days of the Robson era. I hate this notion that "Geordies have to watch attractive football" with the idea obviously being dreamt up post Keegan era. Its again Olliver propaganda

Edited by robchester

We haven't played regular attractive football since the back end of the 02-03 season.

Even though we finished 5th in 03/04 it was very poor at times.

Liverpool play the dullest football out of the top 4 in my view but they do well. I am not too fussed how we play as long as its one with a winning mentality. The stereotypes Oliver comes out with are cringeworthy but they arent the reason we havent won anything. Shit boards pre-1992, some dodgy managerial appointments and decisions are the real reason. Some misfortune too it must be said.

I will watch us play anything as long as we score the odd goal more than the opposition. Fed up with people giving us this misguided preconception of what we all want. I just want to see us win something without having to be fawning of players who couldnt kick the arse of some of the real top players we have had.

We ended up doing well with Bobby and that was nice, however, we won fuck all. Other than Keegan the rest have been shite. If we play shite football and win fuck all it will be harder to take. If we play shite football and we win then you wont see many people complaining.

Quite simple really.

Winning football, whatever form it comes in.

As long as it isn't diving then I would have to agree.

Aye, I hate it myself and that would turn my face. But it wouldn't have any bearing on my support or anything like that.

team work, passion and commitment will do for a kick off.

Sexy football is like sexy lingerie, it might look great but won't necessarily disguise what lies beneath.

Edited by trophyshy

Like any of us would give a shit how we played if we broke into the top 6 and got to a cup final - like you say its media bollocks that the geordies need pure football to be happy - its a conspiracy created by the southern press and accepted by the likes of anal oliver so that we win fuck all - i've watched bolton play and some of it is really good - what wrong with being organised its better than being the laughing stock of the league like our defense is

Why don't all us so-called "experts" wait and see what kind of tactics he employs if/when he comes here.

I can't wait for him to have 100% control of what goes on instead of being the puppet of a fat prick chairman. He won't come here if he has to be a puppet.

As to the original question I'd prefer long-ball if it ensures us a top five finish. Liverpool play long-ball. They're boring, shite to watch, but there play has got them to a Champion's League final again. I think Sam can adapt anyway. I've watched games where Bolton play the full 90 minutes on the deck. With better quality players (that aren't at the club yet) he can get the team playing decent football.

When was the last time we played smashing football anyway???

Someone remind me...

Guest alex

Why don't all us so-called "experts" wait and see what kind of tactics he employs if/when he comes here.

I can't wait for him to have 100% control of what goes on instead of being the puppet of a fat prick chairman. He won't come here if he has to be a puppet.

As to the original question I'd prefer long-ball if it ensures us a top five finish. Liverpool play long-ball. They're boring, shite to watch, but there play has got them to a Champion's League final again. I think Sam can adapt anyway. I've watched games where Bolton play the full 90 minutes on the deck. With better quality players (that aren't at the club yet) he can get the team playing decent football.

When was the last time we played smashing football anyway???

Someone remind me...

Agree with all of that.

I don't know about attractive football, all I want to see is a cohesive unit who look like they know what they're supposed to be doing and are working together as a team. I'm not talking cloggers here either, I'm talking players who know they're roles and actually WANT to have the ball would be a start.