Gerard Houllier & Sven Goran Erkisson

Bizza

I'd rather Sven than Alardyce tbh

+ 1

+2

This could be the new 'this'.

oooh can it be that'd be swooooper

:D

(This may be displaced frustration because I had to ask what "this" meant" :( )

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Houllier link is total bollocks. There are no quotes in Oliver's story, so presumably this is all attributable to some random bloke that he claims has rang him from France. SSN are saying they got their story from The Chron, so I reckon there's nowt in it.

It was me.

I think the Houllier link is total bollocks. There are no quotes in Oliver's story, so presumably this is all attributable to some random bloke that he claims has rang him from France. SSN are saying they got their story from The Chron, so I reckon there's nowt in it.

It was me.

+1 :D

Guest alex

I'd take Sven over the big fella any day of the week

So size doesn't matter?

Sven has a massive cock by all accounts.

So size doesn't matter?

Sven is a massive cock by all accounts.

FYP :D

Any Sven based thread is always destined to end in smut and filfth

Most Sven-based jobs end in smut and filth too. If he were Newcastle manager how long would it be before he was done by the News of the Screws for shagging some tart, making the club even more of a laughing stock.

Guest alex

Any Sven based thread is always destined to end in smut and filfth

Most Sven-based jobs end in smut and filth too. If he were Newcastle manager how long would it be before he was done by the News of the Screws for shagging some tart, making the club even more of a laughing stock.

That's one of the main reasons I wouldn't want him here. The press would have a field day (even more than they normally do with us).

So size doesn't matter?

ATPTBQF

So size doesn't matter?

ATPTBQF

Quoi?

So size doesn't matter?

FYP :(

ATPTBQF

Quoi?

Altered the post to be quite fair?

:D

All too predictable to be quite frank

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...ted/6638527.stm

Eriksson Magpies link played down

Sven-Goran Eriksson's agent has played down reports linking the former England boss to Newcastle's managerial vacancy.

Eriksson apparently topped a poll over who should become Magpies boss by a radio station, who then contacted his agent Athole Still for a reaction.

Former Bolton boss Sam Allardyce is favourite for the role and Still told BBC Five Live: "I am not trying to create pressure on the Newcastle board.

"I merely fielded the question would he be interested? Of course he would."

Still added: "Newcastle is huge club, with fabulous fans and a great stadium.

"Everything there would be the kind of situation to attract any major international coach."

Glenn Roeder resigned as Magpies boss on Sunday and Allardyce has been widely tipped as the likely replacement.

Lyon's ex-Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier is also a possible candidate.

Swede Eriksson has been out of a job since leaving the England post following the unsuccessful 2006 World Cup campaign.

He has been linked to a number of Premiership clubs as well as French club Marseille.

But he is not believed to be high on chairman Freddy Shepherd's shortlist.

Indeed, in April, Shepherd dismissed rumours that the former Lazio boss was being lined up to replace Roeder.

Reports have suggested that Allardyce will be installed at the St James' Park helm and some bookmakers have suspended all betting on such an appointment.

Allardyce, who stepped down from his Bolton position on 29 April, turned down the chance to manage Newcastle just under three years ago.

"I have a very good friend in Sam Allardyce and he is apparently the favourite for the job," added Still.

"I don't want to appear to be undermining him in his candidacy, if that's the right word."

However, there have also been suggestions that Houllier could be in the running.

Houllier left Anfield in May 2004 and led Lyon to a record sixth successive French title this season.

Meanwhile, former Newcastle boss Sir Bobby Robson has urged the fans to unite behind the next manager.

Robson, who supported Newcastle as a boy and who was axed from the Magpies helm in 2004, told the Daily Telegraph: "It is a massive club and I just hope they can get the right man.

"Whoever it is can succeed. They need all the support of the board and the fans and, with the support of everyone, it is a wonderful job."

Former England boss Robson sat alongside Newcastle chief Shepherd during Saturday's defeat by Blackburn, which was Roeder's last game in charge, but refused to speculate on who might take over the hot-seat.

"It is not my position to guess who will be made manager," confirmed Robson, who is undergoing chemotherapy after cancerous nodules were found in his lungs.

"Let's hope the next manager will be a step onwards for the club. Let's hope whoever it is will bring to Newcastle what we all want - and that's silverware."

Shepherd also played down suggestions Sven-Goran Eriksson is a candidate for the Newcastle manager's vacancy.

Eriksson's agent Athole Still has claimed the former England boss had the support of 51% of Geordies.

Shepherd said: "Where he gets that figure from, I can't imagine.

"I think 51% of Geordies might like the idea of Sven's girlfriend Nancy Dell'Olio on the Newcastle Quayside."

:lol: