The Leeds VS Sheffield Thread.

Tom

Anywhere good to go / avoid for a drink then?

Im off to see Willy Mason there at 'the leadmill'.

:D

Edited by T-Keith

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alex

yep, half hour on the Train to Leeds. Much better night out and reduced risk of twattish locals.

You moving like? :D

yep, half hour on the Train to Leeds. Much better night out and reduced risk of twattish locals.

You moving like? :(

Good Heavens man, I'm not a local!

I'm from Northumberland and dash proud of it! :D

(Seriously though mate don't go to Sheffield when a top night out in Leeds is only a short journey away.)

Guest alex

Its tonight like and i have a ticket and leeds has been sold out for ages.

Can't they move the gig? Just tell them Mr. Fish said so.

can't you watch the gig, then hop a train? :D

tbf I've not been out in Sheffield with someone who knew what they were doing so we ended up in a rank Yates'/Wetherspoons/formulaic "cheap" bar, crap music too loud, crap alcohol too expensive and loose women too ugly.

not a good combination for a night out tbh.

Nah we are just looking to grab a few beers before hand,

Gonna go a bit early if the weather is nice and just have a wander.

I wouldn't bother mate, it's not a "pretty" city imo. you'd be better off finding a good bar early and staying in there until the gig, or pitching up in time to grab a quick pint before the show starts.

I wouldn't bother mate, it's not a "pretty" city imo. you'd be better off finding a good bar early and staying in there until the gig, or pitching up in time to grab a quick pint before the show starts.

FFS he just wants a pint or two before a gig man. It's not a great city but then neither is Leeds.

Load of shite. Sheffield is a far safer and better night out than Leeds.

Anyway you could go to the Boardwalk, DnR bar, Devonshire Cat for decent beer. All friendly. The Howard is never any bother and is next to the train station and about 5mins walk from the Leadmill.

The club nights are usually very good in the Leadmill too. You usually get in 'free' after a gig. Plenty of students about too!

Edited by gram

I'm not sure you can sit outside of it, but there was a canny Wetherspoons not far from the train station called 'the bankers draft' that we went to when we played Sheff Utd. Seemed canny enough to me if yer just after a couple of pints like. I'm nee expert though, there'll be better about..

Edited by WubbleUC

Guest alex

I don't think Fish has much of a clue about Sheffield in all honesty. He admits as much just up the page :D

I don't think Fish has much of a clue about Sheffield in all honesty. He admits as much just up the page :D

Seeing Leeds as a 'pretty city' stretches the imagination tbf

I did say that we were taking our lead from a Sheffield lercal who said we had to try these bars. They were all shit and the girls we were with said they felt well uncomfortable so we sacked it off pretty early and just went back to the safety of Leeds.

and Rents at no point did I say Leeds is a GREAT city, just that it's better than Sheffield.

I don't think Fish has much of a clue about Sheffield in all honesty. He admits as much just up the page :(

Seeing Leeds as a 'pretty city' stretches the imagination tbf

:D didn't say that either

Guest alex

I did say that we were taking our lead from a Sheffield lercal who said we had to try these bars. They were all shit and the girls we were with said they felt well uncomfortable so we sacked it off pretty early and just went back to the safety of Leeds.

and Rents at no point did I say Leeds is a GREAT city, just that it's better than Sheffield.

Based on one aborted night out?

yep :(

and Gram don't take everything so fucking literal man :D

Guest alex

yep :(

and Gram don't take everything so fucking literal man :D

I thought so from what you'd said <_< and T-Keith's no nearer to finding a decent pub btw

well, if you stick your hand in a fire and get burnt you'd be pretty fucking stupid to try it again. :D