The Leeds VS Sheffield Thread.

Tom

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For going out in the early 90s there was no competition, Leeds by a country mile. Back to Basics, SOAKs / KAOS at the corn exchange and Up Yer Ronson. Best nights out in the whole country, nevermind Yorkshire.

Sheffield had the Arches and that was it. Nowadays i wouldnt piss on the street in either of them.

Cannot stand Sheffield like fucking hate the place (a bit due to I never liked it and the scenario to go with it) but I've never been out in Leeds so really can't comment unfortunately.

Talking withput my rose tinted specs on but Leeds pisses its great northern cock all over Sheffield.

Having working many times in Sheffield and been out a many times in Sheffield, apart from Gatecrasher its shit. I would rather goto Barnsley than Sheffield! Now thats a good night out!

Game set and Match old Boy, It seems the Fish has it.

I'm off to tell Spaff, Henry and Fizzy that we can pass round the Pimms

For going out in the early 90s there was no competition, Leeds by a country mile. Back to Basics, SOAKs / KAOS at the corn exchange and Up Yer Ronson. Best nights out in the whole country, nevermind Yorkshire.

Sheffield had the Arches and that was it. Nowadays i wouldnt piss on the street in either of them.

Cannot stand Sheffield like fucking hate the place (a bit due to I never liked it and the scenario to go with it) but I've never been out in Leeds so really can't comment unfortunately.

Talking withput my rose tinted specs on but Leeds pisses its great northern cock all over Sheffield.

Having working many times in Sheffield and been out a many times in Sheffield, apart from Gatecrasher its shit. I would rather goto Barnsley than Sheffield! Now thats a good night out!

Game set and Match old Boy, It seems the Fish has it.

I'm off to tell Spaff, Henry and Fizzy that we can pass round the Pimms

You are assuming that popularity with the masses is indicative of style. Youre just another Salmon plodding up river with the rest of the run, fishy boy. :lol:

You are assuming that popularity with the masses is indicative of style. Youre just another Salmon plodding up river with the rest of the run, fishy boy. :lol:

I make no so such assumptions my man. I instead prefer to base my claim that Sheffield is shit on the back of anecdotal evidence, written by people who have in no way suggested what kind of night it is they look for, or that Leeds is good, instead they stand quite firmly in the "Sheffield is shit" camp.

seriously though, I'm willing to put all the money in my pocket against all the money in yours that the three people I quoted would not be interested in the same kind of nights as me, let alone eachother.

Leeds is a better night out mate, the variety that comes from being a fairly large, fairly modern city. I'd wager you've had a few good nights out in Sheffield because of the company you kept there and the "insider knowledge" of the place. But to say that Leeds has little to offer makes me think you've not been there in the company of people itk.

;)

give it another go man, go on, you know you'll like it... all the cool kids are doing it... :shades:

Sheffield gave us Warp Records so it can't all be bad.

Yeah, but Leeds gave us the Kaiser Chiefs, the rise of Lee Bowyer and Chris Moyles......

shootft.jpg

:lol:

p.s. isn't this a bit late for you alex? you're not normally here, you're normally ringing Nightowls arentcha?

Edited by The Fish

Sheffield gave us Warp Records so it can't all be bad.

Fuck are you doing on at this hour? :lol:

My thoughts exactly!

Could you ever imagine Alex's post count man if he did post out of office hours?

Leeds also gave the first EVER motion picture in the world, shot by two french brothers only a few seconds long off of the Leeds Bridge :lol:

Leeds has many good nights out if your into live music

Cockpit

Joes Well

LMU

New Roscoe

Atrium

Cardy Arms

The list goes on, I am sure Sheff has them too but its not as upcoming as Leeds. Leeds is getting some massive refurb at the moment including the building of the tallest building in Europe. The Corn Exchange area is getting some serious money pumped into too.

So Leeds OWNS Sheffield ;)

Leeds also gave the first EVER motion picture in the world, shot by two french brothers only a few seconds long off of the Leeds Bridge :lol:

Cockpit

Joes Well

LMU

New Roscoe

Atrium

Cardy Arms

The list goes on, I am sure Sheff has them too but its not as upcoming as Leeds. Leeds is getting some massive refurb at the moment including the building of the tallest building in Europe. The Corn Exchange area is getting some serious money pumped into too.

It certainly needed some money spent on it and the City centre area is without doubt looking a lot better. Still shitholes aplenty surround that though.

Its not without its good parts. They just happen to be spread out. The music venues in shef piss all over those in leeds tbh. The music scene in Shef is also better than Leeds.Thats probably why i prefer Shef.

If you like biggedybong music, had a retro mullet two years ago and wear beige slip-on shoes then Leeds is ok.

Cockpit

Joes Well

LMU

New Roscoe

Atrium

Cardy Arms

It certainly needed some money spent on it and the City centre area is without doubt looking a lot better. Still shitholes aplenty surround that though.

Its not without its good parts. They just happen to be spread out. The music venues in shef piss all over those in leeds tbh. The music scene in Shef is also better than Leeds.Thats probably why i prefer Shef.

If you like biggedybong music, had a retro mullet two years ago and wear beige slip-on shoes then Leeds is ok.

All major cities have the shit parts tbh, yes Leeds definatley has its fair share, bu the city centre is fast becoming "cleansed" its starting to look rather decent. The venues within the city are well close and easy to walk to one another unless your a fat lazy twat tbh

When was the last time you went out in Leeds, the 80s?

They're talking about Leeds on 5 live now. Seems that there is a particularly big wealth gap in the city, which is not good.

Its all the illegal immigrants in the city, lot of poor areas in Leeds tbh

Gipton

Halton Moor

Beeston

Middleton

etc

Add that too the richer areas and its easy to see why

Roundhay/Oakwood

Scarcroft (although not tech leeds)

Alwoody

Headingley

etc

What is Moortown like? One of my mates is moving there.

Its ok, tell him / her to stay out of the Bull though, I know someone who got stabbed in there ;)

Everywhere else tho is cool :lol: