The Leeds VS Sheffield Thread.

Tom

Leeds also gave the first EVER motion picture in the world, shot by two french brothers only a few seconds long off of the Leeds Bridge ;)

Leeds has many good nights out if your into live music

Cockpit

Joes Well

LMU

New Roscoe

Atrium

Cardy Arms

The list goes on, I am sure Sheff has them too but its not as upcoming as Leeds. Leeds is getting some massive refurb at the moment including the building of the tallest building in Europe. The Corn Exchange area is getting some serious money pumped into too.

So Leeds OWNS Sheffield :shades:

It certainly needed some money spent on it and the City centre area is without doubt looking a lot better. Still shitholes aplenty surround that though.

Its not without its good parts. They just happen to be spread out. The music venues in shef piss all over those in leeds tbh. The music scene in Shef is also better than Leeds.Thats probably why i prefer Shef.

If you like biggedybong music, had a retro mullet two years ago and wear beige slip-on shoes then Leeds is ok.

All major cities have the shit parts tbh, yes Leeds definatley has its fair share, bu the city centre is fast becoming "cleansed" its starting to look rather decent. The venues within the city are well close and easy to walk to one another unless your a fat lazy twat tbh

When was the last time you went out in Leeds, the 80s?

Last time in Leeds was Monday. You say venues. I say decent places. Leeds has some hideous places tbh. Harehills makes Elswick look posh. Dont be so defensive. i only said I thought it was an average night out and correctly pointed out that the music scene in Shef was significantly better. :lol:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Leeds also gave the first EVER motion picture in the world, shot by two french brothers only a few seconds long off of the Leeds Bridge ;)

Leeds has many good nights out if your into live music

Cockpit

Joes Well

LMU

New Roscoe

Atrium

Cardy Arms

The list goes on, I am sure Sheff has them too but its not as upcoming as Leeds. Leeds is getting some massive refurb at the moment including the building of the tallest building in Europe. The Corn Exchange area is getting some serious money pumped into too.

So Leeds OWNS Sheffield :shades:

It certainly needed some money spent on it and the City centre area is without doubt looking a lot better. Still shitholes aplenty surround that though.

Its not without its good parts. They just happen to be spread out. The music venues in shef piss all over those in leeds tbh. The music scene in Shef is also better than Leeds.Thats probably why i prefer Shef.

If you like biggedybong music, had a retro mullet two years ago and wear beige slip-on shoes then Leeds is ok.

All major cities have the shit parts tbh, yes Leeds definatley has its fair share, bu the city centre is fast becoming "cleansed" its starting to look rather decent. The venues within the city are well close and easy to walk to one another unless your a fat lazy twat tbh

When was the last time you went out in Leeds, the 80s?

Last time in Leeds was Monday. You say venues. I say decent places. Leeds has some hideous places tbh. Harehills makes Elswick look posh. Dont be so defensive. i only said I thought it was an average night out and correctly pointed out that the music scene in Shef was significantly better. :lol:

:(

Harehills is the armpit of Leeds, but youre hardly going to have a night out there are you?

Sheffield is canny enough, some excellent pubs and clubs. Its a nice place aswell, the city centre is looking far nicer than it used to but it still suffers badly from Meadowhall. The shops are pretty crap where as Leeds city centre is quality. And the least said about The Moor, the better. Fucking horrible bit of town.

Only been to Leeds a couple of times and it seems very similar. I graduate in a few weeks but i'm more than happy to settle down round here.