Bobby Moncur wants Big Sam to chin the players

Do Bolton not normally stutter towards the end of the season? I think he has got them working so hard that they tire out towards the end of the season. But he has them all ready at the start of the season where they pick up the points. Maybe with more money he would have more quailty of depth with which to tackle this slump towards the end of the season.

I've heard all this shite before when Souness was appointed to sort out the players,big Sam actually reminds me of Souness and his style.

I wouldnt bring him within spitting distance of SJP meself

Apart from the fact that Big Sam has a much better managerial record on paper.

Souness won a few trophies with very good teams that he then took on to underachieve big style. Allardyce, although lacking on the trophy front has taken Bolton from the first division to top half Premiership finishers.

So did Souness at Blackburn tbh

Blackburn and Bolton were two completely different situations IMO. What Allardyce did with Bolton is not comparable with what Souness did at Rovers.

Liverpool, Galatasaray, Benfica, Southampton, Torino, Newcastle tbh. Souness was sacked from all of them, and was on the verge of dismissal from Blackburn until some idiot decided to employ him.

Exactly wheras Allardyce walked the Irish League with Limerick, left to play for Preston then became caretaker when their manager got sacked and turned their fortunes around but missed out on the job fulltime due to inexperience. Went to Blackpool and took them to 3rd place only to be sacked for not gaining promotion. Went to Notts County who were already down when he took over, took them back up the next season becoming the first side to win promotion by March since the war. Then he went to Bolton and we knew what he did there.

I just simply refuse to accept the day has come that that description is enough to mark Fat Sam out as Number 1 contender for the job as manager of Newcastle United above any and all other possible candidates.

Listen mate, this is what i'm trying to say and have been trying to say since Rodders got sacked and this news broke.

Big Sam is not my number one choice for manager of Newcastle United at this current moment in time. I can think of atleast half a dozen people who i'd rather have in the hotseat than him. What I have accpeted though is that Freddy Shepherd is a complete and utter spastic and he is the best we can hope for. If we had a forward thinking chairman who looked further than the channel for managers then maybe alot of people would be more willing to back Klinsmann, Houllier, Sven etc. but do you really thing Freddy's going to appoint someone who isn't from the UK? The only problem I do have is you saying that Allardyce is on a par with Roeder when their respective careers show that you're talking out of your arse.

I've heard all this shite before when Souness was appointed to sort out the players,big Sam actually reminds me of Souness and his style.

Souness won a few trophies with very good teams that he then took on to underachieve big style. Allardyce, although lacking on the trophy front has taken Bolton from the first division to top half Premiership finishers.

Blackburn and Bolton were two completely different situations IMO. What Allardyce did with Bolton is not comparable with what Souness did at Rovers.

Liverpool, Galatasaray, Benfica, Southampton, Torino, Newcastle tbh. Souness was sacked from all of them, and was on the verge of dismissal from Blackburn until some idiot decided to employ him.

Exactly wheras Allardyce walked the Irish League with Limerick, left to play for Preston then became caretaker when their manager got sacked and turned their fortunes around but missed out on the job fulltime due to inexperience. Went to Blackpool and took them to 3rd place only to be sacked for not gaining promotion. Went to Notts County who were already down when he took over, took them back up the next season becoming the first side to win promotion by March since the war. Then he went to Bolton and we knew what he did there.

I just simply refuse to accept the day has come that that description is enough to mark Fat Sam out as Number 1 contender for the job as manager of Newcastle United above any and all other possible candidates.

Listen mate, this is what i'm trying to say and have been trying to say since Rodders got sacked and this news broke.

Big Sam is not my number one choice for manager of Newcastle United at this current moment in time. I can think of atleast half a dozen people who i'd rather have in the hotseat than him. What I have accpeted though is that Freddy Shepherd is a complete and utter spastic and he is the best we can hope for. If we had a forward thinking chairman who looked further than the channel for managers then maybe alot of people would be more willing to back Klinsmann, Houllier, Sven etc. but do you really thing Freddy's going to appoint someone who isn't from the UK? The only problem I do have is you saying that Allardyce is on a par with Roeder when their respective careers show that you're talking out of your arse.

That's HF not me :D

Guest alex

I'll tell you what, you answer my question first.

Why is Stuart Pearce still at Man City? Arguably a very similar situation to Roeder, why does he keep his job?

You said: Do you think proffesional footballers need that much motviation and organistation?

I said: What do you think a manager's job is if it isn't to motivate players and organise them in terms of what to do in matches etc.?

I hope that helps.

That's HF not me :D

You all merge into one tbh.

Why is Stuart Pearce still at Man City? Arguably a very similar situation to Roeder, why does he keep his job?

You said: Do you think proffesional footballers need that much motviation and organistation?

I said: What do you think a manager's job is if it isn't to motivate players and organise them in terms of what to do in matches etc.?

I hope that helps.

He's got an English degree this one, you know!? :D

I hope that helps.

Do you think I'm going to disagree? I agree, and that does not change the fact that Roeder is not the players. We have now had SBR, Souness and Roeder, all with the same squad and the same failings. How on Earth does that equate to the decision that Roeder is at fault and anyone else will do better? Or how does it justify the fact that Roeder has to improve this squad, but Fat Sam gets leeway to change it completely?

Guest alex

I hope that helps.

I was quoting him numbnuts!

I hope that helps.

I was quoting him numbnuts!

Apology accepted. :(

Textbook Vic btw

He's completely stopped responding to suggestions that he's Vic now too. Blatantly is.

Aye, always answering a question with another question.

Guest alex

I hope that helps.

Do you think I'm going to disagree? I agree, and that does not change the fact that Roeder is not the players. We have now had SBR, Souness and Roeder, all with the same squad and the same failings. How on Earth does that equate to the decision that Roeder is at fault and anyone else will do better? Or how does it justify the fact that Roeder has to improve this squad, but Fat Sam gets leeway to change it completely?

How exactly do Souness, Roeder and Robson all have the same failings? You'll have to more specific as I see their failings as being completely different.

As for Roeder being at fault, he carries a massive amount of the responsibility for what has happened this season. His faults are so numerous as a manager it's easier to count the positives.

Who is saying anyone will automatically do better btw?

And Allardyce doesn't get anymore leeway than anyone else, he takes the club in the right direction or he's off.

I appreciate what you're getting at about Shepherd being the real problem here and I agree in the main. If anything though, Roeder's personality/meekness/whatever you want to call it makes him the last bloke you should have in charge here. I would hope Allardyce would demand the ability to do things his way or walk and expose Shepherd's meddling - assuming Shepherd does that as much as a lot of us guess he does.