Quick Question

Tom

Me and my Friend have been asked to do a music video by the bands Manager,

and when talking about cost he mentioned ''incidentals''

wtf? :D

Me and my Friend have been asked to do a music video by the bands Manager,

and when talking about cost he mentioned ''incidentals''

wtf? :D

people jumping around in the background pretending to enjoy the music ???? :( A big bowl of M&M's with all the green ones removed ??? lights ?? sound ???

Transport, incidentals, food and drink etc?

In that context.

costumes ??? :D

Well they are going to be playing a bit of the video on a roof so maybe something to do with accidents i dunno :(

I reckon it will be small unexpected costs like Carrot Cake batteries, or luminous guitar strings or sparrowhawk egg omelettes...... or whatever other crazy wackerteering you music types flaunt your wealth upon.

Guest alex

I reckon it will be small unexpected costs like Carrot Cake batteries, or luminous guitar strings or sparrowhawk egg omelettes...... or whatever other crazy wackerteering you music types flaunt your wealth upon.

Unicycles tbh.

In that context.

costumes ??? :D

Well they are going to be playing a bit of the video on a roof so maybe something to do with accidents i dunno <_<

that would be accidentals rather than incidentals tho shirley :(

Unicycles tbh.

Jesters :D

Guest alex

Unicycles tbh.

Jesters :D

Mimes, jugglers.

In that context.

It's a broad brush stroke Tom and could mean band-aids, sun block and beach towels to location fees, light burn fees (some gaffers charge extra for bulbs) and costumes.

Does the band have a say in what the clip is? Where it is shot? What the concept is?

I produced this in the mid 90s for a budget of approx 1500GBP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj403IhaoKI

We hired a studio after hours so it was cheaper, shot it on super 8 film, used telecine (film to video tranfer) methods that I wouldn't even contemplate trying to get away with now but if we had of had to pay for the bands "incidentals" they would shot/smoked/snorted the budget up in a couple of hours.

Get the manager to define what he means by incidentals, you won't look stupid and in the end you won't be butt fucked by a bill for 10k because the manager classes hiring tower bridge as an incidental.

• 1 year later...