Shepherd tells Owen to stay loyal

Craig

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Owen now forced to defend himself via 5 Live. Fucking farce.

Aye, I read something saying he has come out and said that he is loyal to us etc. I hope he blacked that fat bastard's eye before he talked to 5 Live.

"I have read what Mr Shepherd as said. He is absolutely right in saying I want to play for a top 4 side. This why I joined this club. The chairman told me that he saw this club as being one that would compete at the highest level, that is what I want, that is what the fans want.

By the start of next season I will be playing for my third different Newcastle manager. It is up to the chairman to get it right this time. He should be appointing someone that will make this place a place that is in the CL every year. That is his job, he does nothing else that I can see, he just appoints the best person to take us all forward.

If the chairman keeps making the sort of appointments that allow this club to finish below Boro, Villa, Blackburn, Reading and Bolton then he will never attract the players I think are needed to get to the top 4.

I want to end my career at Newcastle, in a trophy-winning side. The chairman's actions show to everyone he has little idea of how let me do this."

"I have read what Mr Shepherd as said. He is absolutely right in saying I want to play for a top 4 side. This why I joined this club. The chairman told me that he saw this club as being one that would compete at the highest level, that is what I want, that is what the fans want.

By the start of next season I will be playing for my third different Newcastle manager. It is up to the chairman to get it right this time. He should be appointing someone that will make this place a place that is in the CL every year. That is his job, he does nothing else that I can see, he just appoints the best person to take us all forward.

If the chairman keeps making the sort of appointments that allow this club to finish below Boro, Villa, Blackburn, Reading and Bolton then he will never attract the players I think are needed to get to the top 4.

I want to end my career at Newcastle, in a trophy-winning side. The chairman's actions show to everyone he has little idea of how let me do this."

Have you made that up, macbeth? Would be class if that was Owen's response to the fat shit.

Its like the fukin keystone kops - how the hell did the 9million figure become acceptable in the negotiation process of the contract

Any fukin idiot cud see he was using us to get an england place surely the financial people who deal with these things wud say hold on i think 15million wud be a more acceptable figure knowing he wud fuk off at the first opportunity

Shepherd is crapping himself cos he knows he has dropped the bollock of all bollocks by allowing this (if it is true) and is engineering a situation where Owen looks like a judas for leaving

I don't trust owen - never have - but this will surely lead to a motion of no confidence on the board against shepherd and force his removal if this release clause exists and is invoked

Where's that from and who said it?

:lol: did he really say that?

Where's that from and who said it?

It looks like it was typed with Michael J Fox's Toes

Some shite from the Guardian:

FREDDY'S NIGHTMARE

Back in February 2005, when Michael Owen was picking splinters out of his XXXXXXS-sized shorts on the Madrid bench, an acquaintance of the Fiver asked him about the rumours linking him with Newcastle. Owen's response? A gale of laughter that suggested he wouldn't sign for the Magpies if they were the last team on earth. Six months later, having been rejected by Liverpool, the Rowdies, The Fiver's five-a-side team and Jossy's Giants Second XI, Owen decided to go to St James' Park after all - where, famously, he was greeted by 50,000 unemployed Geordies and Sky Sports News host Jim "You've done so much in football but this must be one of your proudest moments" White.

Now, 20 months and just 13 Premiership matches later, Owen - according to reports in tomorrow's fish 'n' chip paper - desperately wants out of Toon. "But he has a four-year contract!" the Fiver hears you cry. Indeed he does. But he also has a £9m get-out clause, which would allow him to leave for £7m less than brilliant businessman Fat Freddy Shepherd paid for him. No wonder, then, that the Newcastle chairman is - like that time he was Jacuzziing in a Marbella knocking shop - playing hardball.

"Michael has two choices: he can come out and tell our fans that he is happy here. Or I tell him none of the big four are interested. Because that's the case," gruffed Fat Freddy today. And before the Fiver could point out that was just one choice, Freddy was off again. "These suggestions will not impress our fans after what has happened in the last couple of years!" he continued, alluding - no doubt - to the failures of Graeme Souness and Glenn Roeder, both appointed by Mr F Shepherd, Newcastle.

Owen's agent was unavailable for comment, but Shepherd is clear where the reports have come from. "[This] was a very thinly-disguised attempt to flog Owen from under our feet, sourced very close to the player or those who look after him," he thundered, his chins quivering while the rest of his face turned an ugly mix of black and white. "The loyalty this club has shown him, when he had injury problems in his first season and had missed virtually all of this season, deserves something in return. No one, least of all one of the biggest clubs, is likely to take a risk at this stage." Maybe. Maybe not. But if he is available for £9m, what's the betting Freddy has got it wrong again?

No sign of Leazes or HTL today! :lol:

As for Owen, move him on as soon as possible and boost the new managers kitty with an extra £9 million.

I agree 100%, you lot want to stop bitching about a little git that was always using the club from the word go, take the money and get Bent or similar, Owen is not the Messiah

I'm not convinced any of the top four will want to pay £9 million for him. He's not Benitez or Mourinho's type of player, can't see Arsenal spending big at the moment and Fergie is targeting Berbatov. Plus he needs to prove he's back to his best doesn't he?

EDIT: some decent performances for England might stoke up some attention mind.

Edited by Dr Kenneth Noisewater

I'm not convinced any of the top four will want to pay £9 million for him. He's not Benitez or Mourinho's type of player, can't see Arsenal spending big at the moment and Fergie is targeting Berbatov. Plus he needs to prove he's back to his best doesn't he?

I would have thought 9 million was on the low side considering his age and who else is available. I was hoping for a bidding war personally.

What happens if Fergie chases Berbatov all summer but Spurs refuse to sell?

Unless the clause has to be activated by a certain date there is nothing stopping Fergie coming in with 2 days of the transfer window left and wrapping up the deal, where will that leave us for a replacement?

Get rid asap.

I would have thought 9 million was on the low side considering his age and who else is available. I was hoping for a bidding war personally.

No chance of a bidding war tbh.

Unless the clause has to be activated by a certain date there is nothing stopping Fergie coming in with 2 days of the transfer window left and wrapping up the deal, where will that leave us for a replacement?

Get rid asap.

Selling him on the last day of the transfer window is the NUFC way. I wouldn't expect anything less tbh.

Get rid asap.

Selling him on the last day of the transfer window is the NUFC way. I wouldn't expect anything less tbh.

It's not as if they're selling him, they won't have any say in the matter.

The best thing we could do would be to get on the phone to Liverpool and see if Crouch is available, if they have any sort of interest in Owen they'll say so, if they do then offer them a swap.

Six months later, having been rejected by Liverpool, the Rowdies, The Fiver's five-a-side team and Jossy's Giants Second XI, Owen decided to go to St James' Park after all - where, famously, he was greeted by 50,000 unemployed Geordies and Sky Sports News host Jim "You've done so much in football but this must be one of your proudest moments" White.

A little overboard maybe? Who wrote this shit and where can I and a couple of goonish friends of mine with proclivities for blunt weapons find him?

On topic, Owen is welcome to fuck off. He's made no impact at all on the Toon in his time here. We're losing money on him but that's water under the bridge now.

Six months later, having been rejected by Liverpool, the Rowdies, The Fiver's five-a-side team and Jossy's Giants Second XI, Owen decided to go to St James' Park after all - where, famously, he was greeted by 50,000 unemployed Geordies and Sky Sports News host Jim "You've done so much in football but this must be one of your proudest moments" White.

He's made no impact at all on the Toon in his time here.

...apart from when he was playing :lol:

He's made no impact at all on the Toon in his time here.

...apart from when he was playing :lol:

When was that? I must've blinked and missed it.