Shepherd tells Owen to stay loyal

Craig

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What gets me is that we currently don't have a manager, any articles in the press concerning NUFC at the moment should be to do with the replacement, something which as chairman, Freddy should be focusing all his efforts on.

Instead he's stirring other stuff up like this - hardly a good advert for a potential new manager is it? I thought Shepherd didn't get involved in 'team affairs'?? :lol:

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour from FS. If I was Owen Id be looking to get away from the place as quick as possible

This is just further evidence to show that the cancer within the club isnt the managers, isnt so much the players but its the people at the top running the place

Not wanting to risk libel, its very unusual how a man who sells scrap can become a multi million pound chairman of a football club in his mould. In comparison with a chairman like Steve Gibson, a man who I consider to have honesty morals & genuine decency as a person, its clear that FS has absolutely none of these qualities in his character and as such, the attention for change really should once again be directed towards the board.

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour from FS. If I was Owen Id be looking to get away from the place as quick as possible

This is just further evidence to show that the cancer within the club isnt the managers, isnt so much the players but its the people at the top running the place

Not wanting to risk libel, its very unusual how a man who sells scrap can become a multi million pound chairman of a football club in his mould. In comparison with a chairman like Steve Gibson, a man who I consider to have honesty morals & genuine decency as a person, its clear that FS has absolutely none of these qualities in his character and as such, the attention for change really should once again be directed towards the board.

Absolutely, especially the bit in bold, which has been proven now beyond a shadow of a doubt.

13 games, 7 goals for £17m.....

Real Madrid don't look so ridiculous for buying Woodgate now, do they? :lol:

When you don't think he can get any worse....

You'd think the fat shite would have some tact about him after being arse raped by the Fake Shiek but no, every month or wto, without fail he comes out with some complete and utter drivel.

It's not so much the shite he's been talking that annoys but the fact that is clearly shows he has a release clause in his contract and he is intent on exercising it this summer.

EDIT: AND FUCK YOU TOO YOU LITTLE DWARF PRICK!

Edited by ewerk

If as it now seems Owen does have this clause in his contract and does leave for a massive loss then Shepherd must be in the firing line.

He should have inserted a clause into the contract saying that the £9M(or whatever is) clause that is activated when we do not qualify for Europe is only active if Owen has played in over 65% of first team matches that season.

Our prizes asset, which Owen is, immediately depreciates in value as soon as we fail to get into Europe due to his contract and I can only presume the reason the clause was allowed to be included by Shepherd is because he was confident that the goals Owen would score would secure European football. Piss poor management from Shepherd again.

It's not so much the shite he's been talking that annoys but the fact that is clearly shows he has a release clause in his contract and he is intent on exercising it this summer.

To be fair to him, if I was Michael Owen and the chairman of my team was publically taunting and taking the piss out of me like he is doing, I'd be out of there like a shot.

Unlike Shearer, we're not 'the dream ticket' for Owen. He's being dealt shit that he doesn't need.

If as it now seems Owen does have this clause in his contract and does leave for a massive loss then Shepherd must be in the firing line.

He should have inserted a clause into the contract saying that the £9M(or whatever is) clause that is activated when we do not qualify for Europe is only active if Owen has played in over 65% of first team matches that season.

Our prizes asset, which Owen is, immediately depreciates in value as soon as we fail to get into Europe due to his contract and I can only presume the reason the clause was allowed to be included by Shepherd is because he was confident that the goals Owen would score would secure European football. Piss poor management from Shepherd again.

Shepherd was clearly desperate to appease the fans at any cost in the Summer of 2005, and offered a crazy contract to Owen. Not for the first time he has risked the very future of the club due to his incompetency.

Please do the decent thing Shepherd, sell your shares at a reasonable price and resign. Or have a coronary, I'm not fussed.

To be fair to him, if I was Michael Owen and the chairman of my team was publically taunting and taking the piss out of me like he is doing, I'd be out of there like a shot.

Unlike Shearer, we're not 'the dream ticket' for Owen. He's being dealt shit that he doesn't need.

I could be mistaken but I don't think Shepherd's comments were intended to keep Owen at the club, Shepherd is resigned to losing him and has already started the PR campaign to save face in what is bound to be a big fallout from all this.

Shepherd was clearly desperate to appease the fans at any cost in the Summer of 2005, and offered a crazy contract to Owen. Not for the first time he has risked the very future of the club due to his incompetency.

Please do the decent thing Shepherd, sell your shares at a reasonable price and resign. Or have a coronary, I'm not fussed.

And have Kenny inherit his shares? No thanks.

No denial of the clause, and it does sound like Shepherd thinks that something is being engineered by Owen's people. I can't help but feel that he'd be better off conducting discussions like this in private though ffs. What next, Owen responds through the press?! Sit down in a room and thrash this out man, don't air it in public.

Sounds like FFS doesnt want to be blamed for when little Mo leaves in the summer.

The most infuriating thing is that Shepherd does not appear to be accountable to anyone.

FS cant win tbh. Hes said what people have said on here everyday for the last 6months.

So its not very proffessional, but he never is really is he? Im glad we have a chairman who supports the club, he genuinely is desperate to win things with newcastle.

And if id just been bankrolling Owen for 10months only to watch him come back, play 2 disinterested games, spout to the press about being ready for england, and then have his agent trying to get him moved on to a bigger club.

Hed never be safe on tyneside again if he actually left this summer!

Ye he has said what the majority on here have been saying. The difference is that if we were in his position, we'd be saying it in private and not making himself, and more importantly IMO, the club a laughing stock.

Unprofessional? Understatement of all understatements tbh.

Guest alex

I'd say the majority thought allowing any such clause was gross stupidity. Once he'd allow that, he 'couldn't win'.

Depends what the outcome is. Hes called him out in public. Owen has 2 choices now, stay quiet and prove the rumours true, or come out and pledge his future to us and not have a leg to stand on if he does leave.

Could be a shrewd move IMO

FS cant win tbh. Hes said what people have said on here everyday for the last 6months.

So its not very proffessional, but he never is really is he? Im glad we have a chairman who supports the club, he genuinely is desperate to win things with newcastle.

And if id just been bankrolling Owen for 10months only to watch him come back, play 2 disinterested games, spout to the press about being ready for england, and then have his agent trying to get him moved on to a bigger club.

I'd rather have a chairman who was intelligent, professional, and knew how to run a football club. Well done for being the first to support the fat prick on this, and apparently being unable to see the difference between being a fan writing their opinions on a message board, and a chairman of a premiership club ranting to the press, and undermining his star player in the process. :lol:

Depends what the outcome is. Hes called him out in public. Owen has 2 choices now, stay quiet and prove the rumours true, or come out and pledge his future to us and not have a leg to stand on if he does leave.

Which do you reckon will happen? Shrewd move my arse, you sound as big an idiot as him tbh.

OR

Just fuck off to Man Utd. :lol:

I'd rather have a chairman who was intelligent, professional, and knew how to run a football club. Well done for being the first to support the fat prick on this, and apparently being unable to see the difference between being a fan writing their opinions on a message board, and a chairman of a premiership club ranting to the press, and undermining his star player in the process. :lol:

;)