Shepherd tells Owen to stay loyal

Craig

I can live with that coming from you.

Owen fucks me off big time, hes been here 2 years, played less than 20 games, drops in that we werent his first choice at every opportunity and tells us how he cant wait to get back for england.

People on here are too quick to make excuses for him, putting it down to media spin, but someone like martins, who came from an equally big club and probably cries himself to sleep at night at how shit we are, manages to come out and make it known he wants to play for us, that next year hes going to work his arse off!

Owen can twat off somewhere else if he wants, id rather have someone interested in playing for us

Edited by J69

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds to me like Shepherd is the one engineering a move

:lol:

It seems to be the only explanation, but it is still idiotic and unnecessary. He is proving he interferes with team and players affairs at a time we are seeking a new manager ffs!

It seems to be the only explanation, but it is still idiotic and unnecessary. He is proving he interferes with team and players affairs at a time we are seeking a new manager ffs!

Precisely my concern. However unattractive a prospect we may have seemed to a potential decent manager, Shepherd has just made it a damned sight worse.

:shades:

Of course, asking him to pledge his future, making it known no-one wants him, ;)

Quite obviously we want rid :lol:

With any luck hel come out and pledge his future to us. Owen fucks me off big time, hes been here 2 years, played less than 20 games, drops in that we werent his first choice at every opportunity and tells us how he cant wait to get back for england.

People on here are too quick to make excuses for him, putting it down to media spin, but someone like martins, who came from an equally big club and probably cries himself to sleep at night at how shit we are, manages to come out and make it known he wants to play for us, that next year hes going to work his arse off!

Owen can twat off somewhere else if he wants, id rather have someone interested in playing for us

I'm not a big fan of Owen either, but for Shepherd to say what he has publically is madness. He is making us a laughing stock again. Your either just being contrary or incredibly dense imo if you can't see this.

You don't need to convince me, I know the guy is a fucking idiot..

:(

Of course, asking him to pledge his future, making it known no-one wants him, :shades:

Quite obviously we want rid ;)

You really reckon he has said what he has in an effort to get Owen to stay with us? :lol:

Even Shepherd cannot be that stupid, can he?

Owen fucks me off big time, hes been here 2 years, played less than 20 games, drops in that we werent his first choice at every opportunity and tells us how he cant wait to get back for england.

Your posts are getting more sensible by the day, well done boy! :lol:

I'm actually starting to quite like you

Edited by Wacky Jnr

Guest alex

The thing is though, I think most people would think Owen has done the dirty on us if he leaves this summer. It's more that FS created this possibility by allowing the clause (assuming there is a clause - which seems more and more likely) and he now appears to be trying to make it look like it's all down to Owen and his advisors if/when he does go. It's entirely possible to view both parties in a very negative way over this imo.

Who could honestly believe that the clause was anyone other than Owens choice though?

At the time he was nailed on to be going to liverpool, hes come to us, with all the media coverage on SSN of him arriving up here for talks, and says il sign on, but only if i have a get out clause in 2 years time if we are doing shit.

I think most people would have accepted that at the time. He still looks like the twat if he excercises it.

Even if Owen does come out and say he wants to stay, I wouldn't believe a word of it. Remember all the shit he spouted about signing a new contract at Liverpool?

Regardless though, Shepherd is an absolute fucking moron for doing this in public again. We're a laughing stock.

Guest alex

Who could honestly believe that the clause was anyone other than Owens choice though?

At the time he was nailed on to be going to liverpool, hes come to us, with all the media coverage on SSN of him arriving up here for talks, and says il sign on, but only if i have a get out clause in 2 years time if we are doing shit.

I think most people would have accepted that at the time. He still looks like the twat if he excercises it.

That doesn't get away from the fact the clause shouldn't have been allowed. We were his only real alternative to Real Madrid once we outbid Liverpool (not sure Benitez wanted him either). I'm not defending Owen but allowing the clause was stupid. Having said that, I'm actually coming round to Renton's way of thinking that it might be better to peddle him now and get some decent wedge, rather than him leave on the cheap next summer or free the summer after.

I really don't blame him for putting that clause in that contract at all. We are no less of an absolute fucking shambles than we were when he signed. He's got his career to look out for, he's only covering his back.

It's not his fault he got injured and I don't recall him using every opportunity to say we weren't his first choice tbh

well you are still a twat! Ive just noticed your avatar. I thought for weeks it was a pair of nunchucks!!!

I put that avatar on especially for you, what with me being the Phil Mitchell of the eastend i thought a couple of smoking cartridges would do nicely, took you a while to notice though you cock ring!

Makes note: J69 must do better

Totally agree with the sentiment, but I don't think any club with Champions' League ambitions can afford to think like that any more.

Everyone is missing the point , just banging on at fat fred like the usual ..........Owen is a sly dog starting all this ,he knows how far its gone and so must FF ,perhaps there is no talking now to be done in private ........

Guest alex

Everyone is missing the point , just banging on at fat fred like the usual ..........Owen is a sly dog starting all this ,he knows how far its gone and so must FF ,perhaps there is no talking now to be done in private ........

Did you actually read the thread before you posted that btw?

No denial of the clause, and it does sound like Shepherd thinks that something is being engineered by Owen's people. I can't help but feel that he'd be better off conducting discussions like this in private though ffs. What next, Owen responds through the press?! Sit down in a room and thrash this out man, don't air it in public.

Thats FFS Style aint it :lol:

Go eat your sen to death FFS!

Eh? I don't think anyone in their right mind would have accepted that clause at the time.

Minimum fee release clauses are one thing, but only an idiot of Shepherd's calibre would allow a clause like this one that seems to be in Owen's contract. Judging by what the papers reported last summer, and now this summer, it seems to be some sort of reducing-balance minimum fee release clause. One which actually started off at £5m LESS than what we paid for him one year into his contract!?

Two years at the club and we've probably a) paid him more than he would have got for THREE years + at any other club, and b ) we've given him a contract which allows him to effectively leave for around half price halfway through it.

It just beggars belief.

The most damning thing of it all is this bit:

"This report was a very thinly-disguised attempt to flog Owen from under our feet, sourced very close to the player or those who look after him. The information must have come from there, not from our club"

Information? The only "information" he can be talking about is the specifics of the minimum fee required to trigger his release, i.e. £9m. Not only is he not denying the existence of such a clause, he's positively confirming its value. Fat tit.

right then, so owen was allowed to engineer a half price -ish sell on clause in his contract.... and has never shown any sign of loyalty to either the bindippers (liverpool) or real madrid, as he's had numerous minor injuries just before england games yet gone on to play for england (often scoring!).

lets face facts i really strongly beleive one of the big 4 will actually trigger that release clause, as they can rehabilitate him, i beleive better, and integrate him better into their first teams.

just a personal opinion btw.