Exercise starts today

gram

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I meant not looking like a bald Russel Grant actually. :lol:

hey hey hey, Russel Grant is short!

depressingly, I was out with Silky for a couple of pints and he had new glasses, so I did the mandatory "Giz a deeks" tried them on and looked in the mirror. I am his doppelganger ;):shades:

Wanting to lose some weight and more importantly exercise my heart and get fitter, I recently bought a Lateral Thigh Trainer. Before you take the piss, when I saw this advertised on late night shopping TV, I too thought it was just a typical American gimicky thing :lol: But my friend bought one and was well impressed with it, so I got one, (not for the £90 on the TV but i found it for £28 online)

Have to say its really good, you can adjust the level of resistance on the pedals to make it harder to step or for a slower tougher workout. The good thing is my heart rate very quickly accelerates as if I was running up a steep hill! :shades: I walk alot but it never increases my heart rate unless i charge up steep hills so although all the walking is good for circulation and general well-being, this is better for my heart and burning fat, plus i can do it for 10-15mins or so a few times a day when I please, normally whilst watching TV. It has a counter which tells you your steps per minutes used and how many calories you've burnt. (although I'm sceptical about that part, as surely this would vary greatly per person, depending on your metabolism)

Anyhow, at least Im getting alittle more exercise daily which is important. I have a mountain bike which is great except Torquay is built on 7 hills and its such hard work I get put off, plus i get saddle sore ;)

Im not on a diet as such (hate that word) but im trying to eat more healthily, plenty of fresh fruit and veggies, cereals and smaller portion meals, little and often is good!

Had enough of minor beer gut and need rid of the old bitch tits. Need a bit more energy too.

So how do i do this?

Well I reckon I will:

1. Stop smoking (dont 1and a half days so far)

2. Run 3 times a week (thinking 3 miles each time is enough)

3. Do some exercise on a morning before work - although this is proving hard as I like a lie in.

4. Eat a bit more healthily.

Have I missed out so far?

in other words, you are a fat twat and pinch Freddie Shepherds pies

• 4 weeks later...

I do believe this gym thing is starting to work out. :razz: I'm still a long way from being properly fit, but I just ran five miles non-stop for the first time and don't feel too shagged-out either. Not a huge achievement in the grand scheme of things, I know, but given that I'd barely so much as run for the bus since finishing with P.E./games at school at age 16, I'm starting to have confidence that I might at least survive the summer five-a-side without having a massive heart attack. ;)

I do believe this gym thing is starting to work out. :razz: I'm still a long way from being properly fit, but I just ran five miles non-stop for the first time and don't feel too shagged-out either. Not a huge achievement in the grand scheme of things, I know, but given that I'd barely so much as run for the bus since finishing with P.E./games at school at age 16, I'm starting to have confidence that I might at least survive the summer five-a-side without having a massive heart attack. ;)

well done you ;)

I'm 6ft 1 and weigh just under 9 stone. I think I need to do the reverse of most of you ;)

Bloody hell :razz:

On the contrary, I'd say you need to do exactly what most of us do - eat lots of chips and swill lots of beer. ;)

im joining the army soon and to prepare what i did was get a job as a postman lots of walking and lifting and carrying started running every other day ( mile plus ) go to gym 4-5 times a week and eat healthy stop smoking and cut down drinking to maybe a pint or so a week,