VOTE WITH YOUR WALLETS!

walkinthedog

Guest alex

It's a tough one for me. I'll be renewing but I feel like it's just maintaining the status quo. That said, when did a club ever benefit from their fans staying away?

I've never had a season ticket as I've never needed one.

However, I have been contemplating for a while to get one.

This will probably sound twee to most of you, but this is the club I love and the more money that goes into the coffers, the better it will be. I get saddened at the cry for people not to re-new as I see it as an abandonment of the club. I fully appreciate that those who do have season tickets have forked out a lot of money over the years and I can't really know how they are feeling with the prospect of shelling out again for dross.

Jim Smith's last home game was abandoned at half time due to torrential rain. It had been hoyin it doon for quite a while. My mrs said I was mad when I told her I was going, and said I would be soaked before I got to the top of the street. She was right on both accounts. As I explained to her before I went: the reason I am going is that it will be £7 (the admission charge at the time for the gallowgate end) less that the club have to find. Crazy, but true.

So, I may not get a season ticket. But whatever happens, I will still feel sad at the drop of season ticket holders at the club, regardless of fans' reasons.

That's all folks. I am ready for the onslought now:)

Guest alex

Fred is not the majority shareholder, of course he can be removed.

By the Halls you mean? Doesn't seem likely does it?

...the more money that goes into the coffers, the better it will be.

Season tickest are an advance payment that endorse the current management. Not buying one means you can withold your cash until you see something worth paying for. As countless fans keep pointing out, it is up to the team to provide something worth supporting.

Fred is not the majority shareholder, of course he can be removed.

This was a response to CG: "The board cant kick Freddy out as he is the board."

Ok Vic. :lol:

;)

Season tickest are an advance payment that endorse the current management. Not buying one means you can withold your cash until you see something worth paying for. As countless fans keep pointing out, it is up to the team to provide something worth supporting.

Aye, I don't think for a second that me not renewing (if that's what I end up doing) is going to make any difference whatsoever, but this whole business of handing over £600 on faith is daft if you ask me. Snakey, your argument that the club needs to find the money from somewhere etc - if this club wasn't so poorly managed, we could have a lot more cash than we do. I'm talking about not putting sub-standard players on ludicrous wages, not paying over the odds for players that you haven't done due diligence on, not putting minimum release clauses in player's contracts for less than you bought them for. Why should the fans keep bailing the board out of their mistakes with their season ticket money? Maybe making them work for it, and having to worry what the attendance might be like from one home game to the next might just cause them to raise their game.

Guest alex

I suppose that the board, rather than just Shepherd is the problem. He's just the figurehead although he is a major shareholder. Either way, I don't think the average fan can do anything.

Guest alex

I know what you're saying and I agree with the principle. They also finance transfers over the summer though. Even more crucial with the window. Is the last sentence exonerating Roeder again btw? :lol:

I know what you're saying and I agree with the principle. They also finance transfers over the summer though. Even more crucial with the window. Is the last sentence exonerating Roeder again btw? :lol:

...also our loans are guaranteed against ST sales.

I suppose that the board, rather than just Shepherd is the problem. He's just the figurehead although he is a major shareholder. Either way, I don't think the average fan can do anything.

I disagree with this. If 30 or 40 thousand average fans announce there fervent displeasure by not showing up/paying for say the first month of next season, then surely the PLC will have to move to mollify the malcontent masses?

If they KNOW we are witholding our support deliberately then surely they must act? Consumer blackmail, innit?

Edited by walkinthedog