So then IF it is Sam

peasepud

Yes.

In echoing many. Where we are right now, I think he fits the bill. Never mind where we were when we last approached him, its about now. We have fallen oh so far since then while he remains the same. Plus, if you look at the other likely candidates, I think I'l let out a sigh of relief when I see him at 1pm.

I'm more optimistic than I have been in a long time. I just hope he's given time, and not jumped on mid-season if it's not going totally to plan. Also, we're employing a manager at the end of the season therefore giving him a full summer to prepare, unheard of at this club...

'planning'

I'm more optimistic than I have been in a long time. I just hope he's given time, and not jumped on mid-season if it's not going totally to plan. Also, we're employing a manager at the end of the season therefore giving him a full summer to prepare, unheard of at this club...

'planning'

Totally agree, I think the current pile of shit is going to take some time to sort out (more than one season) and I'll be happy even with some signs of improvement, particulalry in player application.

That said if he can replicate the performances, that even the current shit could pull out against the top 4,

when we play the shite, top 6 could be doable.

I think he could be the right man for the job. Freddy certainly seems to think so by "not returning Houllier's calls". He certainly was one tracked about it. I'm a little worried/dissapointed we didn't bother putting the feelers out about Koeman/Klinnsman or any other top young managers out there. I'm not particularly looking forward to the style of football(he played the same way his teams do as well, so I don't see it changing) but I'm sure at the very least, he'll get us on the right track.

As long as he retires at the end of his time here. Given that he's about to dismantle the infrastructure he set up at Bolton and bring it all here, we don't really need him moving on to another club when he finishes with NUFC.

As long as he retires at the end of his time here. Given that he's about to dismantle the infrastructure he set up at Bolton and bring it all here, we don't really need him moving on to another club when he finishes with NUFC.

I read somewhere that he'd said (whilst still at Bolton) he was going to retire in three years, hopefully 4 now seeing as that's how long his contract appears to be.

I think he was well gutted at not getting the England job, and I'm hoping he's comming here with a "Fuck you, I'll show you what I can do" attitude.

Worried though if he does look like he's turning the pigs ear into a silk purse, that with McLaren being such a knob that the FA may just not make the same mistake twice.

I can't think of any other manager who I would rather have at the moment (discounting the likes of Fergusson, Mourinho et al who we couldn'f get).

He seems to have the same ideas as a lot of us in terms of what's needed in the modern game. I just hope he is allowed to implement them!

I'm actually feeling more excited than I originally thought I would, guess the hype's getting to me but whatever it is I'm a happy bunny and will be looking forward to next season to see what Big Sam can do.

Well, I'll choke on a pretzel but I am rather happy at the moment. At least far more confident than with the lost two appointments. Now, we'll have to wait and see how Allardyce will be allowed to revamp the club.

I still say we are heading for mid table, however the season after that (assuming FFS doesnt bow to fan pressure and sack him) we could start to do better ;)

If he can genuinely do this:

Allardyce also revealed that he would implementing the sort of scientific approach at Newcastle that was his trademark at Bolton - and hoped it would help solve the injury problems that have hindered the club in recent years.

He stated: "There have been too many injuries. They seem to be forever talking about the everlasting injury list. One of the first things I will have to look at are why those injuries have happened.

"Far too many players have had too many injuries too often."

then the team will have effectively got a huge "free" boost and I could even see something better than mid table next year.

I was absolutely gutted when Souness and Roeder were appointed. Was delighted when Robson was appointed. Bit of a "hmm" when Gullit was appointed.

I have the same feeling about Allardyce as I had when we appointed Dalglish. I'm actually quite excited about it, but also worried at the same time. He's been at Bolton so long that it worries me that he'll just try and do exactly what he was doing there. Now a lot of that won't be a bad thing, but we're clearly a step up from Bolton, no?

FWIW, I think Sam should be England manager.

YESSSS :blush::( Very happy.

I just have a feeling that for once we have got it right, though I also have this horrible little nagging feeling that we will be doing very well with Sam a year or two down the line and England will call :razz: It would be just our luck ;)

I still say we are heading for mid table, however the season after that (assuming FFS doesnt bow to fan pressure and sack him) we could start to do better :)

Allardyce also revealed that he would implementing the sort of scientific approach at Newcastle that was his trademark at Bolton - and hoped it would help solve the injury problems that have hindered the club in recent years.

He stated: "There have been too many injuries. They seem to be forever talking about the everlasting injury list. One of the first things I will have to look at are why those injuries have happened.

then the team will have effectively got a huge "free" boost and I could even see something better than mid table next year.

Glenn Roeder never talked about injuries tbh.

I still say we are heading for mid table, however the season after that (assuming FFS doesnt bow to fan pressure and sack him) we could start to do better :)

Glenn Roeder never talked about injuries tbh.

Never talked about solving them