Souness or Roeder

Ketsbaia

I think Souness is probably a better manager but he did terribly with us and is a complete twat.

Roeder is just clueless and totally out of his depth.

If nothing else at least Roeder left in a more dignified (and less expensive) manner.

Souness. Dragged us into the shit, and was a confrontational, aggressive bully and the club suffered, just as Blackburn suffered before us.

Roeder at least tried. He couldn't do it mind, but he cared. I have nothing against him.

Don't hate either of them at all. If I had to choose which would be manager now I'd choose Souness. I wouldn't want Roeder anywhere near this team again. Souness is a much better manager, but for some reason it just didn't work.

It's Fred I hate.

Don't hate either of them at all. If I had to choose which would be manager now I'd choose Souness. I wouldn't want Roeder anywhere near this team again. Souness is a much better manager, but for some reason it just didn't work.

It's Fred I hate.

I really don't think Souness is a good manager - he is a dinosaur, a bully and he admitted himself he wasn't even interested in the modern aspects of management. The fact that he was a complete failure wasn't accidental - he was bound to fail from day one. I don't think he'll get another job at a Premier League club again, which sums him and his outdated methods up perfectly.

Roeder probably knows more about modern management than Souness, at least in theory. His problem is that he has no charisma and authority whatsoever.

Edited by Bombadil

It's Fred I hate.

I really don't think Souness is a good manager - he is a dinosaur, a bully and he admitted himself he wasn't even interested in the modern aspects of management. The fact that he was a complete failure wasn't accidental - he was bound to fail from day one. I don't think he'll get another job at a Premier League club again, which sums him and his outdated methods up perfectly.

Roeder probably knows more about modern management than Souness, at least in theory. His problem is that he has no charisma and authority whatsoever.

Do you think Roeder will ever manage in the Premiership again?

It's Fred I hate.

I don't know, probably not. I guess he's more likely to do so than Souness though.

It's Fred I hate.

I don't know, probably not. I guess he's more likely to do so than Souness though.

I think more clubs coming up through the Championship would take a shot with Souness rather than Roeder. I think he's done in the game now at managerial level tbh

I just felt uninspired and disapointed when Roeder was appointed, you just knew he wasnt man enough for the job, but a very decent person I rekon. But when Souness was given the job i was really pissed off, cant stand the man.

Edited by Toonraider

Souness.. he's an evil bastard. Roeder's just useless, in the way that you wouldn't really *hate* the spaz kid at school, they just weren't very good.

Don't 'hate' either of them - can't say I 'hate' anyone in this world tbh.

I think Souness did more damage, Roeder's crime was that he was not strong enough to get us out of the mess we were already in.

Both are former managers though so I'm indifferent to them. It's the same with the people who still show vitriol towards Gullit. It's 8 years since he resigned, get over it! It's as bad as the Mackems with their "2-1, 2-1 FTM!!!!"