Players that need to go this summer.

2bias

which players do you think need to be shown the door this summer.

for me its gota be,

stephen carr ( solano fills that roll better )

titus bramble ( ..... )

oguchi onyewu ( not been impressive )

oliver bernard ( wtf he done in last year since he came back?!!!?? )

craig moore

celestine babayaro

basically defence altho luque isn't likely to be given another chance and you could say dyer dont have much chance of staying as well as sibierski.

i got a feeling alot of people will be going we need a complete clear out it was interesting hear what butt was saying about players not even wanting to play.

Think Emre will also be on his way out under the glorious new regime.

yeh thats an odd one i cant work out whether he will be here at start of season

I'd get shot of:

Babayaro

Bramble

Moore

Carr

Gooch

Luque

Dyer

Along with Zoggy and Martins if they're going to be stroppy and don't want to play for us. Problem is getting rid of all those is going to leave us a tad short throughout an already small squad - I guess the defensive overhaul is the main priority, the others could be done come January or the end of next season, it's going to take time whatever happens.

i can see big sam bringing in alot though aswell as getting rid of alot. be interesting to see who he trys to get from bolton. alot of talk about nolan

I have more faith that he can indentify quality centre halfs. Plus, our scouting network should pick up quite signifcantly. I don't expect him, for example, to sit watching a random dutchman for 6 months before 'stepping aside.'

I was talking to a lad yesterday who, if he got his way on who was going out, we wouldn't be able to field a team at the start of the season.

Same here tbh, especially in regards to the defence. That's why I think we should keep hold of for Bramble - we simply cannot afford to replace the entire team.

Guest alex

moore is better than bramble though. wonder if gouch will be given a contract

I reckon Bramble is probably better than Moore. Neither are good enough and both are almsot certainly leaving though. He might fancy Gooch but I reckon the likes of Campbell, Distin and Ben Haim are more likely signings.

I was talking to a lad yesterday who, if he got his way on who was going out, we wouldn't be able to field a team at the start of the season.

Same here tbh, especially in regards to the defence. That's why I think we should keep hold of for Bramble - we simply cannot afford to replace the entire team.

Thats a definite problem. If everyone had their way we'd have practically no players left and you cannot unfortunately just dump the lot, afford enough replacements and integrate them all straight away.

Moore and Gooch will leave i'm sure, Carr and Baba should, but will both since Sam will notice we're very short on fullbacks?

I think Sam will fancy his chances of turning Bramble round, i'm not saying whether he will be able to or not, he's not a kid anymore, but Sam will look at his physical attributes and what he can do and think like others that he can turn him round, so don't neccesarilly expect Titus to be out!

I reckon Bramble is probably better than Moore. Neither are good enough and both are almsot certainly leaving though. He might fancy Gooch but I reckon the likes of Campbell, Distin and Ben Haim are more likely signings.

I'd be happy enough for him to bring those 3 in, especially when you think 2 are on frees and Campbell at his age can only cost so much!

Guest alex

Moore's just a steady sweeper at best (on the rare occasion he's fit/sober) and watching him play reminds me of about 4 years ago when Shearer skinned Staunton over 10 yeards against Villa at SJP after the latter had a 3 yard head start.

Guest alex

I'd be happy enough for him to bring those 3 in, especially when you think 2 are on frees and Campbell at his age can only cost so much!

The crack is they want a decent fee for Campbell but realistically they can't expect that for a player of his age who is out of contract next summer (iirc).

i would like emre to stay he digs in and works, when he is fit.i think defence wise we got some good strong youngsters, taylor ramage edgar huntington ( who has been great this season )

Guest alex

Huntingdon has often had to play at left-back which, being a right-footed centre-back is a tough ask for a young player. He might be good enough, but I need to see more of him, especially in his proper position. He hasn't been great though. He has really looked out of his depth at times.

i thought in a few games he has adapted quick and proved he has got alot to offer, i think another season under his belt he will be a top defender.

Guest alex

i thought in a few games he has adapted quick and proved he has got alot to offer, i think another season under his belt he will be a top defender.

How's he been 'great' though? I can't imagine what you'd have to compare him against to reach that conclusion.

his first game he just slotted in and didnt seem to have any of the nerves players usually have, i compared it to taylor who was so shaky for his first few games