Sam Allardyce is our new manager

Toonpack

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, it was a pure tartrazine rush that did it. He was off his tits on it ;)

Then the advert and song were misleading, though: "Its too orangey for crows, it sends you off your tits and makes you saw your bike in half" wouldn't have shifted as many bottles, then again...

Guest alex

There's a mackem I used to play five-a-side with who is Allardyce's double actually. Had forgotten all about that.

Freddys a genius ;) i bet those who threw their season ticket stubs onto the turf are renewing now

not my choice as manager like but hope he does get it right :razz:

Edited by @yourservice

Like the way 'implimenting structures' was mentioned a few times. Hopefully this means bye bye Clark and Terry Mac.

I also hope he's got wind of Anal's comments about him in the past and he gives all his exclusives to somebody else who can actually coherently put together a newspaper article.

SSN just had a one on one interview with him, he said he wants to make moves for players sooner rather than later, and wants as many of those players for next season together for the start of training on July 2nd.

SSN just had a one on one interview with him, he said he wants to make moves for players sooner rather than later, and wants as many of those players for next season together for the start of training on July 2nd.

That would be a nice change. I already got worried when he said that he didn't really have a holiday in the last days and that everyone will go on a break very soon. This was what pissed me off with Roeder last summer. He first said that he won't have a holiday as there are too many things to be organised before the start of the season but then he pissed off to Turkey for a couple of weeks with the club not really getting into the gear until the mid of July.

I hope that Owen will be one of those players and if big sam says anything to him in the next few days it is that he is going to build his team around him and offer him a new contract with the no 9 shirt to go with it. That would satisfy the fans that he wants to play for us.

Any more bits and pieces from the SSN interview?

Our players in list is probably going to be the same as last seasons. Goes to show how unsure Roeder was in the transfer market.

We still need a left back(and have done since Stuart Pearce!) and at least 1 centre back. Right back is slightly less of a priority, but still needs addressing.

Bridge, Distin/Campbell?

"One of the first things I will be doing is sitting down with Michael Owen and having a little chat with him.

"I will be asking him does he want to stay with us or go? Obviously I would like him to stay because he has that rare commodity of being able to score goals.

"What I think Michael needs is more time to get on track for us and hopefully he will decide to take that time.

"Since Freddy Shepherd make it clear he wanted me then there was no doubt where I would be going.

"After leaving Bolton Wanderers last week I was expecting a longer rest but once Freddy opened that door I was in.

"When I met Freddy I could feel his passion for Newcastle United. He is a passionate supporter and it's well known throughout football that he has always supported his managers.

"Now it is up to everyone from Freddy down to me the players and even the tea lady to give these fans the success they deserve.

"I suppose this is the greatest challenge I have ever had.

"But it is one I am excited about and one I am looking forward to. It's no secret that what has happened in the past is not good enough for a club as big as Newcastle United and it is now my job to change all that."

"Everyone starts with a clean sheet.

"England is not for me. I believe Steve McClaren is secure in his job for a while now although maybe things would change if we did not qualify for the European finals.

"But that would have nothing to do with me. I had a good run the last time but now I am focusing on the job of managing Newcastle United, just like I did with Bolton Wanderers when I did not get the England job last year.

"Don't forget being manager of Newcastle United is a massive job and I am not thinking about anything else other than try to bring success to this football club.

"Gary Speed is one of the best signings I have made in my managerial career. It is terrific that he is still playing such good football as this late stage in his career.

"He was a signing I thought a lot about and now I have to make some signings for Newcastle United and there a few players around Europe who I am sure will do a good job for us.

"But I will be careful who I recruit. What we need at Newcastle United are not good players but players who have the mentality to play in front of 52,000 supporters every week.

"To play every week in a stadium like St James' Park is really a daunting task and I have got to find players for us who can handle the big stage and step into a great arena.

"We will be building a club with infrastructure and one for the future and if it happens in the short term all well and good.

"This (ugly football) is a tag which has been labelled on Bolton Wanderers because we were so good at our jobs.

"Some of the big teams used to use it as an excuse because they could not beat us and it is a figment of their imagination.

"The only tactics I know are those which win matches and that's what we did at Bolton Wanderers and what I am hoping and expecting to do here.

"I feel I have achieved a little bit in my career but I want to achieve a lot more here at Newcastle United.

"I will expect all my staff to work 24-7 just like I will be doing.

"We will be working as a family unit and it does not matter if we don't like each other because our only aim to is bring success to this football club.

"In the end that comes down to the players on the field, and everything I and my staff do will be designed to give the players all our support."

One thing he has over Roeder, which I think we'll notice straight away tbh, is that he's tactically sound.

Even if he barely had a clue he would piss all over Roeder on that score.