R.Folwer really did enjoy playing ball with Charlton

duckerDavies

No doubt the Scousers will be saying how honoured Ben Thatcher should feel having touched the bollocks of GOD himself and the greatest striker to have ever walked the face of this planet.

good striker and a sublime finisher, but I think the spunk that has been collectively blown in his honour by the scousers and their meeja whore ex-players, is over the top.

never quick, never great in the air, not the sharpest footballing brain and not blessed with flair.

can't argue with his goal return for the Scousers, but if he'd played for Man Citeh all these years he'd not have got half the praise he has.

Guest alex

If he didnt get badly injured..he could have been. Fowleris my all time fav non-newcastle player btw :D

You've got shite taste then. I could name loads that piss all over him.

good striker and a sublime finisher, but I think the spunk that has been collectively blown in his honour by the scousers and their meeja whore ex-players, is over the top.

never quick, never great in the air, not the sharpest footballing brain and not blessed with flair.

can't argue with his goal return for the Scousers, but if he'd played for Man Citeh all these years he'd not have got half the praise he has.

Do you ever watch football? If you don't recognise the natural talent Fowler has (sadly cut short by his first serious injury) you really need to have a word with yourself.

Do you ever watch football? If you don't recognise the natural talent Fowler has (sadly cut short by his first serious injury) you really need to have a word with yourself.

Agreed. Fantastic footballer.

Agreed. Fantastic footballer.

Aye I always thought he both never really came back from that and never reached his full potential because of that and later things.

I think if he'd come on to the scene a few years later than he did he might have got Owen/Rooney type hype.

Shearer>Fowler. <_<

True, and in their prime Shearer was a long way ahead of Fowler most others. At what he did he was in top 3 in the world in my view. People who saw him post 1996/97 probably don't realise how good Shearer was.

Fowler an Shearer were very different footballers though. Shearer had more to his game. Which one was the better finisher is open to debate. Both were very accurate.

Fowler was a class act, a natural

He was yes 10 years ago, that's what fucks me off about the way Scouse fans go on about him.