Diouf bidders given encouragement

Scottish Mag

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe you can get sent to the slammer for not having a TV licence :)

They'll be packing them off to Oz next :o

They'll think they're in heaven. They won't need a peice of paper for the right to watch TV. And they'll avoid all the shite on your channels.

(although the pay off there is they'll have to put up with our shite instead)

So there's no such thing as free TV then?

Obviously our taxes fund the ABC but we don't need a 'licence' for it. Is it like a driver's licence, where you get a card saying you're eligible to watch TV?

Just a bit of paper. You need one if you own a television to watch television. The Beeb are funded by it because they aren't allowed to show ads. It's a good thing imo as no one else makes some of the programmes like the BBC. It is a bit of a strange concept I suppose.

You need one if you own a TV, in theory it doesn't matter if you ever use it (they were trying to expand this to PC TV and such but don't know if they have yet).

I quite like the way the BBC is funded, but the TV Licensing body is Terminator-esq in their ruthlessness and lengths of their pursuit. :)

So there's no such thing as free TV then?

Obviously our taxes fund the ABC but we don't need a 'licence' for it. Is it like a driver's licence, where you get a card saying you're eligible to watch TV?

Just a bit of paper. You need one if you own a television to watch television. The Beeb are funded by it because they aren't allowed to show ads. It's a good thing imo as no one else makes some of the programmes like the BBC. It is a bit of a strange concept I suppose.

:)

What woodgate27 forgot to mention is although we don't have to pay a licencing fee for our ABC (the australian equivilant to the BBC) but at the same time the abc only produces a fraction of what the beeb does in volume/quality and our wonderful national government would close/sell it as soon as you could say john howard's a facist bully boy except they know they'd be out on their arse within seconds of it happening.