What are you reading?

Brock Manson

Never stalks people into other threads just to pick an argument with them, you know. Never.

Who's that by?

Stretching A. Badjoke-McFopImitator

Ah, yes. Often used the nom de plume 'Warrick Hunt' I believe.

• 3 years later...

The Postman Always Rings Twice

Giving me a proper stem on like.

James M Cain is great. I like noir fiction anyway but it's normally from the pov of the hardboiled detective whereas Cain does it (usually) from the criminal's side.

James M Cain is great. I like noir fiction anyway but it's normally from the pov of the hardboiled detective whereas Cain does it (usually) from the criminal's side.

Can't beat Chandler and the Marlowes for me. Proper pisshead mind.

Disappointed the Kindle joblot I got only has one of his on. I'll need to find more.

Didn't realise that Mildred Pierce was by the same fella, I had no interest in the Kate Winslet TV version but think I'll give it a go now.

Stephen Erikson's Malazan Books of the Fallen, into the third one of ten each 1000 pages long. Not Sci Fi or fantasy fan by any strecth but these are immense stories.

As taken from my 10,000 books DVD for £2.49 off ebay, best purchase I've made in yonks

Just started the new Grisham. Proper page turner.

I'm reading The Appeal at the minute. Every now and again you need a bit of Grisham in your life. Uncomplicated page turning goodness.

Stephen Erikson's Malazan Books of the Fallen, into the third one of ten each 1000 pages long. Not Sci Fi or fantasy fan by any strecth but these are immense stories.

As taken from my 10,000 books DVD for £2.49 off ebay, best purchase I've made in yonks

You know you can download that stuff on a torrent though, right? I can't believe someone is getting away with selling pirated ebooks on eBay.

You know you can download that stuff on a torrent though, right? I can't believe someone is getting away with selling pirated ebooks on eBay.

Don't use torrents, just loaded the books to my PC and drag and drop what I fancy onto the iPad (i have lost my Kindle to the Mrs for her Game of Thrones fix) Like having my own personal library.

Got two DVD's all in mobi format with the proper covers etc etc, spot on

Just search for kindle books

• 7 years later...

The White War.

I have spent the last few years reading a lot about the first world war.  After visiting the Italian Alps and seeing the monument at the top of the Stelvio Pass I wanted to read more about the fighting in the Alps.  This is a great book so far.  Some brutal fighting there that's not always documented here.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...