What are you reading?

Brock Manson

Just finished Will Aitken - "Terre Haute". Standard-issue gay coming-of-age/older male seduction scenario. Reasonably atmospheric but nowt special.

Now in the middle of JT Leroy's "The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things", which is about as disturbing as I'd expected so far.

Meanwhile, the book mountain in the corner currently includes Brookmyre's "A Tale Etched in Blood and Hard Black Pencil" and that "All Played Out" book about Italia '90 that everyone says is class.

Oh and I've just ordered this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Onions-Our-Dumb-Wo...0814&sr=8-1

Flicked through it in HMV the other day and made a right twat of myself giggling every few seconds, so I had to really. :icon_lol:

Just started.

"The House of Meetings" by Martin Amis.

It's quite a short book, which is bothering me now cause it is really well written and I already don't want it to end.

Mart needs to knuckle down and deliver another big novel in the vein of "The Information".

Edited by Park Life

Just started.

It's quite a short book, which is bothering me now cause it is really well written and I already don't want it to end.

Mart needs to knuckle down and deliver another big novel in the vein of "The Information".

Not a massive fan. 'Money' is good though.

Just started.

Not a massive fan. 'Money' is good though.

Fantastic book.

Now into the second Simon Scarrow "Eagle" book. Seems like this historical fiction lark is the only thing I can get into - which is wierd cos I hate history . Then again I love science fiction movies but hate books on the subject.

Raced through "And they wonder why we drink?"

Not as good as Billy's first but fuck, it's not as if the football was any good anyway.

In the middle of John Birmingham's second in the trilogy, Designated Targets: World War 2.2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm reading Richard Hammond's autobiography. Not surprisingly the majority of the book concentrates on his accident and the recovery afterwards.

Well written though and it's part written by his missus who accounts for how she dealt with things - alternates between the two of them and often they're cover the same point in time but obviously from two very different perspectives.

Now into the second Simon Scarrow "Eagle" book. Seems like this historical fiction lark is the only thing I can get into - which is wierd cos I hate history . Then again I love science fiction movies but hate books on the subject.

I love the Eagle books very good historically.

Me too until the 6th one, got very silly and characters became shallow. Sadly nowhere near the consistency of Cornwell.

Try Conn Igguldens Emperor series absolutely fantastic (first one shows he's a new writer - the writting style - but he hits his stride towards the end of it and the rest are excellent)

I love the Eagle books very good historically.

Me too until the 6th one, got very silly and characters became shallow. Sadly nowhere near the consistency of Cornwell.

Try Conn Igguldens Emperor series absolutely fantastic (first one shows he's a new writer - the writting style - but he hits his stride towards the end of it and the rest are excellent)

The most historically unaccurate set of books I have ever read. I just couldn't finish them they were so wide of the mark.

The Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine.

I've used this on and off for the last five years, but only for finals revision have I actually realised how brilliant this book is. Information on practically every medical or surgical condition or situation, advice on how to be a good doctor, and best of all little nuggets of philosophy and literature on medicine, life and death that draw on Jung, Twain, Steinback and more.

I think I've got Stockholm Syndrome.

• 1 month later...

Provided you don't kiss me, 20 years with Brian Clough by Duncan Hamilton

Winner of the William Hill Sports book of the year 2007 award

"Look Duncan, you're a journalist. One day you'll write a book about this club. Or, more to the point, about me. So you may as well know what I'm thinking and save it up for later when it won't do any harm to anyone."

Just started 'The Man in the High Castle' by Philip K. Dick. Basically, if the Axis powers had won WWII.

Then Kebastia would be in full control of the world. :lol:

Just started 'The Man in the High Castle' by Philip K. Dick. Basically, if the Axis powers had won WWII.

Then Kebastia would be in full control of the world. :lol:

Back to the shit posts again I see :lol:

Then Kebastia would be in full control of the world. :D

Back to the shit posts again I see :lol:

Nope still just the truth. :lol: