So who was 'pleasantly surprised'?

Craig

oh and a little side note; for all the female fans the purchase of owen goes someway to fill the void left by robert! well it does for me anyway :lol:

26601[/snapback]

:lol:

What the hell was attractive about Robert? He looks like the bleeding village idiot. Stick him in a jester costume and get him to do that silly dance he did when he scored and he'd look the part.

26603[/snapback]

I don't get it either. My wife was gutted when he left. Especially when we were away on holiday when he did the striptease.

Maybe if I bang my face off the coffee table a few times, my mouth will resemble someone with Down's syndrome, and the missus will be happier.

(Maybe I just prefer men with purdy mouths :lol: )

26624[/snapback]

He doesnt personally do anything for me, as he's too smoothy looking, but surely you can see he's good looking? :icon_lol:

26626[/snapback]

mong5xk.jpg

He's good looking, in a Joey Deacon sort of way...

26630[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Pleasantly surprised as well.

I am also relieved that these deals have come off so that when we end up in mid-table mediocrity everyone will agree that we need to sack Souness and all of our physios including Paul Winsper (who in my opinion should have been sacked years ago).

I do not believe we were punching above our weight for two seasons. That is utter rubbish. The table does not lie. We deserved fouth place in 01-02. SBR has a method that he sticks to and he made it work. He had some glaring weaknesses but it worked for him at Ipwich, England, and the three other countries he managed in .

The top teams are weaker today (except Chelsea) than they were three years ago.

The team we have now is stronger than the one we had in 01-02. The Chairman has fully backed the manager, we are not in Europe - there are no excuses.

I will be astounded if Souness can manage to do something with this team (and I certainly hope he does). At the moment I think just about any other manager in the Premiership could achieve success with this starting XI... and by success I mean a trophy and/or a top 4 finish.

How many more people are going to keep going back to the "we were punching above our weight" bollocks. The whole point of a league is for everybody to play each other twice and over the course of a long, hard season teams end up where they deserve to and in our case it was a 3 year average of finishing 4th.

How is that so hard to understand?

Unless people spent the season watching every single game, home and away of ALL the other teams can you tell me exactly how you know categorically we weren't better than all these other teams, or the usual argument people fall back on that we were "Lucky".

Amd Gemmill you say we "Benefited from the poor performances of the other teams challenging for the same positions" No, that was the point of the league season, we played better than them over the course of it and thus finished abpve them, We played worse than the top 3 or 4 those years and thus finished below them, thats how it works.

What Souness took over was a team who's manager was clearly on the slide and who had in Shearer a player getting on and had lost Solano etc. But they were still easilly a top 6 side of organised and motivated properly and if subs were used and favouritism was cut out. To get back to challenging for 4th place he needed to move the odd player out and bring in some top class players.

I've been over this one umpteen times and don't have the time or inclination to do it again.  We disagree and that's fine.

26729[/snapback]

Its not really fine, not you personally but it become incredibly annoying when people continue to peddle this shit, whether its to defend Souness, have a go at Bobby or just randomly to be wrong for no reason.

I mean unless i'm going mad (well more so) i fail to see the point of a league system if we're going to say, "Oh sorry but that great big long season we've just witnessed where everybody has played each other home and away, actually we think its bollocks and will just make up our own opinion on who was best and slag our own team off claiming they were'nt really better than the teams below them"

If you don't want to go over it for the "Umpteenth" time, fine, i don't remember you going over it before but thats your choice. But until somebody tells me exactly how they know better than the premier league season where each team should be, then the league system (and me!) are right.

Edited by Papa Lazaru

I've been over this one umpteen times and don't have the time or inclination to do it again.  We disagree and that's fine.

26729[/snapback]

Its not really fine, not you personally but it become incredibly annoying when people continue to peddle this shit, whether its to defend Souness, have a go at Bobby or just randomly to be wrong for no reason.

I mean unless i'm going mad (well more so) i fail to see the point of a league system if we're going to say, "Oh sorry but that great big long season we've just witnessed where everybody has played each other home and away, actually we think its bollocks and will just make up our own opinion on who was best and slag our own team off claiming they were'nt really better than the teams below them"

If you don't want to go over it for the "Umpteenth" time, fine, i don't remember you going over it before but thats your choice. But until somebody tells me exactly how they know better than the premier league season where each team should be, then the league system (and me!) are right.

26734[/snapback]

I agree, results have nothing to do with opinions, you simply can't argue with results !

The table doesn't lie. If you finish 4th, 8th, or 10th it's because thats what you were over 38 games in all conditions over 9 months.

Totally agree Papa, if the league doesn't lie right now, why did it lie then?

26743[/snapback]

100% spot on guys.

You have to look at it very simply, the league and your position in that league is measured by the games that you play, it does'nt matter whether it's the local Pub league or the premier league, that is the measure.

FACT is we finished as well as we played in the previous 4 seasons.

FACT is last season we were in decline and if you continue the results over each season we would be relegation material right now.

FACT is that is where we are right now, relegation material.

FACT is I won't defend SOURNESS because he can't excuse the place in the table right now. I don't want to harp on about his bold statements when he joined the club or the excuses when things were going wrong and the

FACT that in his opinion he should be measured on a full season.

FACT is we have started that full season and wait for positive results.

FACT is he'll be with us until end of the season so we have to give the TEAM our devoted and ultimate support.

FACT is if he can't make it with tis team then he will be justifiably be SACKED.

Let's all wish the team the very best of luck and good fortune!

FACT is with this guy in charge they'll need it.