Nobby interview

Scottish Mag

"People close to Newcastle came looking for me before the transfer window closed. But I told them that it wasn't my decision. So they contacted Aston Villa and the negotiations took place rapidly and satisfactory. It was a very good agreement for all parties and I'm happy to return and play alongside great players such as Shearer, Luque and Owen", said a very emotional Solano.

"I'm very moved to be back. It's going to be a new experience. I didn't know the manager Graeme Souness, I only knew him by sight. I just finished talking to him about the move, and it was Alan Shearer who was the link between the gaffer and myself. He (Shearer) was the guy who pushed for the transfer to happen."

"I always left everything on the pitch for Newcastle when I first played for them. There are times when, because of a conflict with the manager, one had to travel a new path, but I always left the door open for a return. I never said anything bad about the club and thank God I was able to return home."

"I have to respond with some good football and help the team achieve positive results."

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

how bloody chuffed does he look, i really cannot believe nobby is back!! time to dust down pedros nobby vid me thinks

26225[/snapback]

Good idea :lol: I watched it once or twice but it upset me too much, i shall enjoy watching it now!

Ive got quite a few of pedros excellent vids, might watch them all later, make me feel even happier! (cept the speedo one) :lol:

Seems to me we are definitely building a team for Shearer. And you know, it might just work. :lol:

Shepherd is really rubbing Robson's face in it now though. First of all, giving Souness a fortune to spend, and then getting back Nobby. :lol:

Seems to me we are definitely building a team for Shearer. And you know, it might just work. :lol:

Shepherd is really rubbing Robson's face in it now though. First of all, giving Souness a fortune to spend, and then getting back Nobby.  :lol:

26246[/snapback]

Shepherd has rubbed Liverpools face in it over the last few days too. European champions? So?

nobby3rg.jpg

26211[/snapback]

Just look at that grin on his face - back wherehe belongs, I say.

26216[/snapback]

woohoo !!!

is he going to pick up number 4 ??? or is Nicky Butt still registered with it?