Nobby interview

Scottish Mag

But if we were to believe SBR remember, it was Solano who wanted to leave. Shows that was a load of crap.

26276[/snapback]

Erm no, SBR categorically says in his book he binned Solano basically because he thought he was past it and resented his trips to Peru. He also has a really sly dig about his committment to Villa later on in the book, and imo makes himself sound like a spiteful idiot in the process.

As you can tell, I am still far from happy with Robson's actions in the affair, and you know, ultimately it probably cost him his job.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

nobby3rg.jpg

26211[/snapback]

Just look at that grin on his face - back wherehe belongs, I say.

26216[/snapback]

woohoo !!!

is he going to pick up number 4 ??? or is Nicky Butt still registered with it?

26283[/snapback]

Yep, he's our number 4! :lol:

I know the Shearer line is an easy one to come out with for new signings to get onside with the fans, but I do think that Shearer would have that big advantage were he to become manager. He'd help us to attract big names, espescially English ones, because he was a star who came here near the peak of his career so you could say he's already put his money where his mouth is.

Solano will bring us options we've lacked since we sold him. Consistent set-pieces, natural right-sided width, crosses for Shearer, intelligent, creative play and goals from midfield. Dyer's pace can be very effective on the right flank but he and Milner didn't really give us much width or give the team much balance, something which I think is very important. We actually have a player who wants to play on the right of midfield now.

Edited by ohmelads

Ive uploaded the Nobby vid to 'you send it' if anyone hasnt got it,  was going to do a thread with the link, but wasnt sure i could post a link to a file sharing site on here?  :lol:

26315[/snapback]

If it's Rapidshare and the like, it doesn't make a difference, just post it.

I know the Shearer line is an easy one to come out with for new signings to get onside with the fans, but I do think that Shearer would have that big advantage were he to become manager. He'd help us to attract big names, espescially English ones, because he was a star who came here near the peak of his career so you could say he's already put his money where his mouth is.

26307[/snapback]

And he truly loves the club, and can sell it, even when we are shit! :lol:

It's only one aspect of management of course, but team him up with a good coach, like Mike Newell, and we might be on to a winner, I think.

26307[/snapback]

And he truly loves the club, and can sell it, even when we are shit! :lol:

It's only one aspect of management of course, but team him up with a good coach, like Mike Newell, and we might be on to a winner, I think.

26320[/snapback]

I suppose it does put the "Shearer is selfish" theory to bed a little.

Solano will bring us options we've lacked since we sold him. Consistent set-pieces, natural right-sided width, crosses for Shearer, intelligent, creative play and goals from midfield. Dyer's pace can be very effective on the right flank but he and Milner didn't really give us much width or give the team much balance, something which I think is very important. We actually have a player who wants to play on the right of midfield now.

26307[/snapback]

I think the fact he is a genuinely nice bloke will enable him to attract some decent players to the club as well. Ive never even considered that Shearer could do a job for us as a manager and perhaps I am reading too much into this, but the events yesterday make it seem he may have the interpersonal skills missing in our current management team.

(and he shook my hand when i went to see my parents in Newcastle in June! Which was kinda cool! He came across as a really nice funny bloke then!)

But if we were to believe SBR remember, it was Solano who wanted to leave. Shows that was a load of crap.

26276[/snapback]

Erm no, SBR categorically says in his book he binned Solano basically because he thought he was past it and resented his trips to Peru. He also has a really sly dig about his committment to Villa later on in the book, and imo makes himself sound like a spiteful idiot in the process.

As you can tell, I am still far from happy with Robson's actions in the affair, and you know, ultimately it probably cost him his job.

26290[/snapback]

That's what I mean. I can remember the following day that "Solano wasn't pushed out, he wanted to leave". (Bobby's words) Shows he was talking sh*te.