Newcastle United Vs Celtic

smoggeordie

SAM Allardyce's first pre-season programme as Newcastle United manager will include a visit to St. James' Park from Scottish champions Glasgow Celtic.

Gordon Strachan's side are heading to Gallowgate for a friendly on Thursday, July 26.

Big Sam told nufc.co.uk: "It's a great thrill to be the new manager of Newcastle United and I'm already looking forward to our pre-season matches.

"I'm pleased that we have arranged a game with Celtic at St. James' Park.

"As the Scottish champions and a side that did well in the Champions League last season, they'll give us a hard match, which is exactly what we will be looking for.

"I'm sure we'll get a big crowd for this game and that will make for the kind of great backing I'm looking forward to the team having at every home game."

Celtic have been popular visitors to St. James' in recent times, providing the opposition for Peter Beardsley's benefit game in 1999 and, of course, on that unforgettable night in May 2006 when Alan Shearer pulled on the Newcastle jersey for the last time amid emotional scenes at his Testimonial.

The July 26 fixture has a provisional kick-off time of 7.45pm. Ticket details will be announced in due course.

Piss up extended to three nights now?

I am sorely tempted to drive up on the Thursday now! :blink:

Jimbo text me saying the same thing.

Too good to miss - reckon Baltic Quays will put us up for an extra evening? <_<

Fucksake. I hate these wankers, I don't know any Toon fan that likes them either.

Loads of Newcastle fans have a soft spot for Celtic. I'm yet to meet anyone who likes In Victa mind. <_<

• 3 weeks later...

Nice to see fellow necastle fans dont like to use stereotypes, and jump on bandwagons eh

'irish wankers'

'fenian wankers'

For the rest of the true fans who are interested in having a good knees up, this will be another good day. Shearer's Testimonial was class.

Think yourselves lucky rangers arent coming, boarded up windows arent a good look

Nice to see fellow necastle fans dont like to use stereotypes, and jump on bandwagons eh

'irish wankers'

'fenian wankers'

For the rest of the true fans who are interested in having a good knees up, this will be another good day. Shearer's Testimonial was class.

Think yourselves lucky rangers arent coming, boarded up windows arent a good look

I was taking the piss tbf, being Irish myself, it's just the illiterate twat who doesn't like the Irish.

Anyone know when tickets will be going on sale for this?

'irish wankers'

'fenian wankers'

I was taking the piss tbf, being Irish myself, it's just the illiterate twat who doesn't like the Irish.

I shouldn't think tickets for this would be a problem. Celtic ticket office will prob get as many as they can sell. I'd very much doubt a sell out

'irish wankers'

'fenian wankers'

I shouldn't think tickets for this would be a problem. Celtic ticket office will prob get as many as they can sell. I'd very much doubt a sell out

Depending on what our new owner has planned for us and the potential signings that may be made through the summer I think it may well be a sell out..

Yes, well live in hope. But unless there were some absolute top drawer names then I'd doubt it. There will not be too lareg a contingent from Celtic, perhaps only 4-5000 afetr the Shearer game, when many fans were pissed off at the ending.

'irish wankers'

'fenian wankers'

Suck my balls patrick

'irish wankers'

'fenian wankers'

Suck my balls patrick

How long did it take you to think of that.

Haven't you got a BNP meeting to go to knuckledragger

'irish wankers'

'fenian wankers'

Suck my balls patrick

Can you keep a lid on the racist stuff please?

Yes, well live in hope. But unless there were some absolute top drawer names then I'd doubt it. There will not be too lareg a contingent from Celtic, perhaps only 4-5000 afetr the Shearer game, when many fans were pissed off at the ending.

Are you for real?

Typical of Celtic to take that game, and the Beardsley one, so seriously. I guess you have to when your league is so shite.