Newcastle United Vs Celtic

smoggeordie

Seriously, a lot off fans were pissed off by what happened.

I wasn't one of them myself, I hardly seen any of the game as I was too busy getting the old Discoland going :D

Bookmakers were taking bets on the game, and I think this is where a lot of this came from.

We can only beat what's in front of us btw.

Dont start a slagging match please, it's not worth your while

Seriously, a lot off fans were pissed off by what happened.

I wasn't one of them myself, I hardly seen any of the game as I was too busy getting the old Discoland going :D

Bookmakers were taking bets on the game, and I think this is where a lot of this came from.

We can only beat what's in front of us btw.

Dont start a slagging match please, it's not worth your while

It's a testimonial. A tribute match to OUR player.

Celtic were invited to play in this game. Clearly normal rules were not going to apply.

For example :

- Shearer was subsituted after 5 seconds then came back on at the end

- Several players who don't play for us, played that night.

As for a slagging match, well if your supporters really want to take this sort of game so seriously and then get upset about "losing" then that's really your problem.

Oh yeah, and Luque scored! And that wasn't staged!

I was talking about a more general slagging match.

As I said the people who took this game seriously and got upset about it are having a laugh. You're right It was a testimonial and the majority of Celtic fans only go for the craic anyway.

There have been many people who said they will not be going on account of what happened.

Imo They will not be missed, and I look forward to another cracking day out.

Anyone who bets on or takes a testimonial match seriously needs their head examined tbh

It's was contrived to the point where the commentators constantly alluded to the fact that there may be a last minute penalty.

I'm not getting at you personally Eddie but if people aren't going to the game on the back of that then it's their loss. This time round it's a friendly, not a testimonial and it will be competitive in all aspects with the exception of points being awarded or a cup being presented.

Anyone who bets on or takes a testimonial match seriously needs their head examined tbh

It's was contrived to the point where the commentators constantly alluded to the fact that there may be a last minute penalty.

I'm not getting at you personally Eddie but if people aren't going to the game on the back of that then it's their loss. This time round it's a friendly, not a testimonial and it will be competitive in all aspects with the exception of points being awarded or a cup being presented.

Agree dude

• 4 weeks later...