Seasoned USA travellers ?? Advice

Toonpack

Thanks for the input folks

Having looked around a bit more looks like we're doing California, Vegas and S Carolina. Should be good

Regarding the immigration thing, I reckon immigration officers must be in some worldwide misserable bastards club !!!!

Edited by Toonpack

Having looked around a bit more looks like we're doing California, Vegas and S Carolina. Should be good

Regarding the immigration thing, I reckon immigration officers must be in some worldwide misserable bastards club !!!!

American immigration officers really are in a league of their own. Twats.

Aye, even though I've been in and out of the place loads of times, I still dread having to deal with them. Every time I travelled when I worked there I had to carry a huge batch of documents relating to my visa application, on the off-chance that one of them decided he wanted to see them. Now when I go back in they always find the two expired US visas in my passport and I get extra quizzing on whether I'm really just there for a holiday or whether I plan on working while I'm there. It's a massive relief when you get through them......only to be faced with the amazing fruit-sniffing dog. <_< At SFO, that dog's got its work cut out.

I actually got a "nice" one last time I went to Chicago, they're twats in Turkey mind

bad but Russian ones can be in a true class of their own - Canadian ones are the stupidest

TBH they're all bastards - just see the way the ones in the UK but "lesser breeds" thru the wringer

best I've come across were in Norway

Same goes for Customs - no fooling about

look smart, smile (NOT GRIN like a loon), don't volunteer ANYTHING, answer the questions, make sure you have the forms filled out PROPERLY, have the passport open at the details page or the visa page when you hand it over

yes sir, no ma'am, of course sir.............. or its "follow the redline, bend over etc etc"

Where in California are you thinking about. I live in southern California so I'm partial to that part of the state as opposed to the north, although San Francisco is nice. San Diego is great and you can't beat the weather. Vegas is a 45 min flight away from southern Cal or a 5 to 6 hour drive. I'm going there next weekend.