Champions League Final

Kid Dynamite

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And Benitez is complaining they didn't play the full 3 minutes. Fantastic

To be fair its a good point, the ref didn't play 3 mins and that doesn't include the extra time on top of that requires for Milan substitutions, not that i care either way about the result mind!

Against a tiring Milan defence that was struggling i can't believe he didn't bring on Bellamy against them, instead playing Kewell who looked yards off the pace, i think that cost them dear.

Good game from both teams though, much better than the FA cup final!

The game was crying out for bellend to start tbh, something Rafa got wrong, which is something you cant say much can you?

Phil Thompson, Mark Lawrenson, Alan Hansen, can I say a collective FUCK YOU!!!

Seconded!

Just looked for that article that was on BBC today where Alan Hansen said he was 100% confident that Liverpool would win it, but looks like they've taken it off ;)

Bittermackemesquefantastic tbh.

Personally, I'm disappointed that 3 teams from our league qualified for the semis, and an Italian team won. Last year i was disappointed the best attacking team England have produced since Keegan lost too. I'm not remotely nationalistic but would like, with some exceptions, teams that play on these Isles to do well, just to raise our profile, if nothing else. Is everyone glad an Italian team has won it more than an English one?

Also - Kaka - I belong to Jesus. ;)

To be fair its a good point, the ref didn't play 3 mins and that doesn't include the extra time on top of that requires for Milan substitutions, not that i care either way about the result mind!

Against a tiring Milan defence that was struggling i can't believe he didn't bring on Bellamy against them, instead playing Kewell who looked yards off the pace, i think that cost them dear.

The game was crying out for bellend to start tbh, something Rafa got wrong, which is something you cant say much can you?

Yeah, i think i'd just about take a manager at Newcastle who wins one CL and maybe makes a mistake in a second final! ;)

Seconded!

Just looked for that article that was on BBC today where Alan Hansen said he was 100% confident that Liverpool would win it, but looks like they've taken it off ;)

Do you mean this one ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...rem/6676849.stm

That's right up there with the "You'll never win anything with kids" quote

Phil Thompson, Mark Lwerson, Alan Hansen, Clive Tyldsly, Cilla Black, Spit The Dog, Ian Rush, Stevie G, Robbie Fowler, Robbie Fowler, can you hear me? Your boys took one hell of a beating ;)

Yeah, i think i'd just about take a manager at Newcastle who wins one CL and maybe makes a mistake in a second final! :D

Aye ;)

Personally, I'm disappointed that 3 teams from our league qualified for the semis, and an Italian team won. Last year i was disappointed the best attacking team England have produced since Keegan lost too. I'm not remotely nationalistic but would like, with some exceptions, teams that play on these Isles to do well, just to raise our profile, if nothing else. Is everyone glad an Italian team has won it more than an English one?

Also - Kaka - I belong to Jesus. ;)

lol yeah ok

I don't mind this outcome. Reflects well on the strength in depth of the English league without giving anyone anything to crow about. *shrug*

Liverpool never really threatened up front. I feel they would have been stronger in attack with Crouch starting up front alongside Bellamy.

Both sides looked shaky at the back mind, but Milan grew stronger as the game went on, understandably.

I think Bellamy is way over-rated by many personally, he doesn't have the class for a European final. Don't tell Leazes though, he must be gutted today already as it is.

"Crying on the telly, we see you crying on the telly, crying on the telllllllllllllllly" !

Just like geordies? :D

Plastic Scouser tbh ;)

I think Bellamy is way over-rated by many personally, he doesn't have the class for a European final. Don't tell Leazes though, he must be gutted today already as it is.

He's destroyed the Italian defence at international level before and regardless of whether he's overrated or not, with his pace and running and their aged, tiring defenders who were playing badly he would have been made for that situation.

Edited by Papa Lazaru

I don't mind this outcome. Reflects well on the strength in depth of the English league without giving anyone anything to crow about. *shrug*

I don't mind that much either, I just don't really like Italian teams, whatever anyone says about my feelings for Liverpool.

I do however remember our period of domination in the 80s, and think it is incredibly small minded of people to not want that because the team isn't Newcastle.

I predict 5 mins before wall pushers etc at this point.....

and think it is incredibly small minded of people to not want that because the team isn't Newcastle.

The way I explained it at work today to a "football fan" who couldn't understand why I wanted them to lose was "You've obviously never seen your team play them, you've never been to Anfield to see your team play with all that involves off the pitch and most of all you don't remember what utter, utter bastards they were when they were top dogs".

Seconded!

Do you mean this one ?

"Liverpool are going to win the Champions League final - I am absolutely 100% confident of that."

HANSOWNED! :D

Seconded!

Do you mean this one ?

That's the one! :D

For a supposed top pundit, what a stupid thing to say

Seconded!

Do you mean this one ?

"Souness critics made to eat humble pie" as well tbh.

and think it is incredibly small minded of people to not want that because the team isn't Newcastle.

The way I explained it at work today to a "football fan" who couldn't understand why I wanted them to lose was "You've obviously never seen your team play them, you've never been to Anfield to see your team play with all that involves off the pitch and most of all you don't remember what utter, utter bastards they were when they were top dogs".

I'm not sure what your point is. I've seen them play at Anfield, as a neutral and against us. Never had any problems, in defeat or victory.

I know you have a certain amount of bitterness towards Liverpool, for me the irony is I'll be the one treated as the odd one for wanting a fellow Northern team to do well, not you for preferring an Italian one to do well. Oh well, never mind, hoped you enjoyed Kaka's latin religious sentiments.

;)

Almost as good as Liverpool losing is Renton getting all emotional as his scouse sympathiser tendencies get the better of him. ;)

"You're all so bitter! We're rubbish you know, have you forgotten that? OMG you want the Italians to win! Can't believe it la!"