Breaking news: Sir John Hall sells his share

Jimbo

Jeez, but this guy's the owner of Sports & Soccer, we'll be flooded by chavs and east europeans, the team's going to end up wearing Donnay and Lonsdale kits ;)

On a bright note though they'll save on summer training trips to spain by getting camping holidays in the Lake District using gear from Millets

The bit that jumps out at me on NUFC.COM's page is:

British stock exchange rules mean that the company now has to make a cash offer for the remaining shares, around 29.8% of which belong to chairman Freddy Shepherd

If Sima's figure is correct, despite all that frantic share buying that Shepherd did, he missed being able to make a formal offer by 0.1% ;):D:lol:

Probably only holds that much due to the fact he couldn't afford to buy us out tbh

The bit that jumps out at me on NUFC.COM's page is:

British stock exchange rules mean that the company now has to make a cash offer for the remaining shares, around 29.8% of which belong to chairman Freddy Shepherd

If Sima's figure is correct, despite all that frantic share buying that Shepherd did, he missed being able to make a formal offer by 0.1% ;):D:lol:

Probably only holds that much due to the fact he couldn't afford to buy us out tbh

Aye, sounds as if he had that much to put of potentially buyers.

Probably right Sima - hope he keeps his to his word and goes. I have a horrible, nagging suspicion that he won't ;)

Like Dan says, it sounds alot better than some of the other people who've checked the club out.

Be great to eb a fly on the wall of wherever Fat Fred is at the moment!

And the other sign that it could be good is the mackems shitting themsleves over on SMB, they already have a thread approaching 10 pages, not that they're obsessed or anything!

And now we can await reading Anal Oliver writing about how the bloke isn't a geordie, won't love the club the way fat fred does and how bad that is for us all!

Newcastle United were today rocked by the news that billionaire Mike Ashley had bought almost 42 percent of the club's shares. And indeed the word on the grapevine is that the retail magnate wants to take full control of the club by making a bid for the rest of the shares.

Shepherd rang me to express his doubts about the Buckinghamshire-based businessman's intentions, and it is hard to disagree with the chairman. Shepherd has always said he would step aside for a Geordie Abramovich, for it is clear that only a Geordie could surpass what Shepherd has achieved.

That is why the majority of Toon supporters will hope the dubious bid will amount to nothing, for surely no-one on Tyneside wants to see the club in the hands of an outsider.

Newcastle United were today rocked by the news that billionaire Mike Ashley had bought almost 42 percent of the club's shares. And indeed the word on the grapevine is that the retail magnate wants to take full control of the club by making a bid for the rest of the shares.

Shepherd rang me to express his doubts about the Buckinghamshire-based businessman's intentions, and it is hard to disagree with the chairman. Shepherd has always said he would step aside for a Geordie Abramovich, for it is clear that only a Geordie could surpass what Shepherd has achieved.

That is why the majority of Toon supporters will hope the dubious bid will amount to nothing, for surely no-one on Tyneside wants to see the club in the hands of an outsider.

shepherd to hold a conference by friday ;)

What no telephone call from Ray Ranson or at least Bill Gates? ;)

Guest alex

In reality, something like this is the only way I can see us breaking back into the top four even with one of the best managers in the history of the game now leading us.

I really don't know whether that's legit or you made it up ;)

Wide of the mark ;)

They were saying on the radio that it's likely that any of the City institutions who have shares in the club are likely to sell up which would bring Ashley over the 50% mark and giving him control of the club and pretty much making the Fat Man's shares useless in terms of control so I think it's very likely that Shepherd will take the money and run.

I have to see I am relieved that it's an Englishman who wants to buy us.

Mackems are already referring to him as "Laura" Ashley ;)

Reading through the thread on the SMB, they're fucking bricking it!

It's genius on there today like. Their arses have well and truly dropped :D

It's genius on there today like. Their arses have well and truly dropped :D

Its amusing, because whenever anything good has happened at the toon, or wheever things have been looking up, the mackems would always cling to the fact that Fat Fred was still in control and nothing would ever really change (and for once they may have been right), so if Fred is forced out the mackems will be devestated!

Fucking hell.

They were saying on the radio that it's likely that any of the City institutions who have shares in the club are likely to sell up which would bring Ashley over the 50% mark and giving him control of the club and pretty much making the Fat Man's shares useless in terms of control so I think it's very likely that Shepherd will take the money and run.

I have to see I am relieved that it's an Englishman who wants to buy us.

Fat Fred didn't have any sort of control due to his shares at the moment anyway. He always had to rely on the Halls. He will still have a blocking minority when it comes to questions of delisting and those kind of things. I think Fat Fred might stick with his shares if doesn't want the club to become private and hold out for future developments.

But if Ashley gets more of 50% of the shares he will have the voting majority which in fact mean that he hasn't to rely on Fat Fred when making basic decisions, i.e. appointing the chairman. So it will be interesting if Fat Fred stays in charge even if he refuses to sell his shares.

The only down side is that he'll have us playing in Lonsdale kits. ;)

If he's the man to steer us in the right direction, we could play in fucking bin sacks for all I care.

I doubt very much he'd put us in his own clobber when we're getting a shedload of cash from Adidas for wearing their kit every week.

Have sone sources in the Shepherd empire...apparently Fat Fred's broken rib turned into a collaped lung and he's currently in hospital. His face must of been a picture when his Mrs went to see him this afternoon.

'I've bought you your grapes and your pies. Oh, and Sir Johns sold all his shares to a billionaireokbye...'