Breaking news: Sir John Hall sells his share

Jimbo

Guest alex

One of the Mackem's has just claimed a sole member of their consortium has £26 Billion which would have him on a par with Bill Gates IIRC ;)

And £8billion richer than the richest bloke in the country and over double what Abramovich has got :D

I bet Fat Sam's creaming himself at the thought of all the extra millions he's going to have to spend now.

Actually Ashley must have had some sort of influence in the appointment of Sam as talks between himself and the Halls must have been ongoing for a while now and I doubt they'd make such a major appointment at the time they did if it didn't have his backing.

All behind Shepherd's back?? He must be fucking seething!! ;)

Still, I think we now know why the share price has been steadily on the increase. Brazil has been pointing it out quite regularly on TalkSport...

I think it is a big assumption that Fat Fred knew nothing about the talks between the Halls and Ashley.

I bet Fat Sam's creaming himself at the thought of all the extra millions he's going to have to spend now.

Actually Ashley must have had some sort of influence in the appointment of Sam as talks between himself and the Halls must have been ongoing for a while now and I doubt they'd make such a major appointment at the time they did if it didn't have his backing.

All behind Shepherd's back?? He must be fucking seething!! ;)

Still, I think we now know why the share price has been steadily on the increase. Brazil has been pointing it out quite regularly on TalkSport...

I think it is a big assumption that Fat Fred knew nothing about the talks between the Halls and Ashley.

I am aware of that - I'm not naive enough to think he didn't know anything about it, but the idea is fun....

good news.

I like that he's not a media whore

I like that he's got cash and it's enough to genuinely affect the club

I like that he's English (although I'm not normally what you'd call patriotic I think it's important that the owner know something of the country, the area and it's expectations)

I like that he's not Freddy Shepherd

and I like that he has some (all be it tenuous) link to the sporting world.

Well, my understanding of this is that if FS wants, he can sit on his shares (around 30% I think) and even if this guy bought the rest (70% ish) it wouldnt enable him to force Fs to sell up.

Questions would be, would FS want to take a back seat under the rule of this guy? would this guy run the club himself or get someone else to run it and if so, would this be FS or someone else?

This is of course in te assumption that he manages to scrape together another 10% of shares, which I fully expect.

I seem to remember that when the Glazers took Manchester United, the magical figure first of all was 30% so they could make a formal bid but then when it got in excess of 50% it was reported that it was in the best interests of the current owners to accept a bid as they were never likely to sell the shares for any more.

For all his wrong doing, I think Shepherd is a fan of the club and will put their interests first. He's also careful with his money and I can't see him sit there and watch the value of his investment dwindle out of sheer stubborness.

NUFC.com:

"!"

We await confirmation that the Sunderland Echo have reported this story with a headline "Oh No, look who's bought the Mags".........

;)

NUFC.com:

"!"

We await confirmation that the Sunderland Echo have reported this story with a headline "Oh No, look who's bought the Mags".........

;)

With the first three pages, a special 8 page pull out and the back three pages describing, in detail, how little they care. :D

If he has 41% he needs to get 50% + 1 share to be able to get FFS off the Board

at 100p a share the banks will sell to him ASAP - no-one else will come in when he has 41% so they can take a big wedge and get out - most of them bought at 40p

he needs 75% to delist and 95% to force everyone to sell I think

No mention of it on the official website and not one of the articles on the Chronicle's website has been written by Anal today....

Crisis meeting in progress me thinks! ;)

No mention of it on the official website and not one of the articles on the Chronicle's website has been written by Anal today....

Same as yesterday,i think he's on holiday with Big Sam

One of the Mackem's has just claimed a sole member of their consortium has £26 Billion which would have him on a par with Bill Gates IIRC ;)

And £8billion richer than the richest bloke in the country and over double what Abramovich has got :D

Sean Mulryne?

The company he owns has £22bn in assets.

You can just imagine Anal dressed in his best suit while lathering his hair in Brylcreem ready to brown nose the new boss.

You can just imagine Anal dressed in his best suit while lathering his hair in Brylcreem ready to brown nose the new boss.

Not much chance of that if he's a recluse...

what would anal do then? :D

Not much chance of that if he's a recluse...

what would anal do then? :D

Ahhh, life is good :lol:

Fucking hell, just when you thought there was no hope for this club, we sign Allardyce one week and then look like getting bought by a billionaire the next. Happy days are here again.

Re Freddy wanting to stay on as chairman - it won't matter. This bloke is not going to put this much money into a football club (or own the fucking thing outright if that's what he eventually does) without having complete say in what goes on. If Shepherd wants to be Ashley's puppet, good luck to him.