Breaking news: Sir John Hall sells his share

Jimbo

I reckon that Ashley will easily get the 51% to take overall control and as you say Gem, I cant see FS wanting to hang around and be told what to do. He'd prob sell up making a cool profit at the same time.

I reckon that Ashley will easily get the 51% to take overall control and as you say Gem, I cant see FS wanting to hang around and be told what to do. He'd prob sell up making a cool profit at the same time.

He'll drive off with a big fat massive "Yeeeaaahhhaaa" ;)

busy backdating his options as we speak, shredding the dodgy deal paperwork, & voting him and Duggie massive pensions.........................

he'll probably buy Sunderland

Re Freddy wanting to stay on as chairman - it won't matter. This bloke is not going to put this much money into a football club (or own the fucking thing outright if that's what he eventually does) without having complete say in what goes on. If Shepherd wants to be Ashley's puppet, good luck to him.

As was said earlier - he'll remain as chairman in much the same way Bates did at Chelsea. Was out within weeks and replaced by Bruce Buck.

Doubt we'll see Ashley as chairman - he'll have an Abramovich type of role and I wouldn't be surprised to see a Chief Executive appointed either - not before time!

David Dein's out of a job isn't he? ;)

Guest Patrokles

That is why the majority of Toon supporters will hope the dubious bid will amount to nothing, for surely no-one on Tyneside wants to see the club in the hands of an outsider.

Fucking hell.

WHOOOOOSHSSHSHSHSHSHSHHHHHHH

So how would the league of chairmens values look?

1. Abramovich

2. Glazer

3. Ashley

??

My initial joy at having a billionaire owner has been somewhat dampened by the realisation that he's 'only' worth 4 times what David Whelan (Bolton) is. Davey doesn't exactly flash the cash does he.

Over the moon at getting Shepherd out and replaced by a seemingly shrewd businessmen who shuns the spotlight. That in itself is worth celebrating, but I'm not pinnig my hopes on an open cheque book, anyway Kaka would want champions league football ;) .

£133m cash offer according to the Beeb. Is that new news or has it been on there hours?

I think thats old. That the £55M purchase he made, then by rules he has to make the same offer to the rest of the shareholders. So, he buys 41% for £55M or £1.00 per share and then has to offer the same for the other £59% or £78M at that price. So I assume thats why they say he has launched a £133M offer.

;)

1. Abramovich

2. Glazer

3. Ashley

??

My initial joy at having a billionaire owner has been somewhat dampened by the realisation that he's 'only' worth 4 times what David Whelan (Bolton) is. Davey doesn't exactly flash the cash does he.

Over the moon at getting Shepherd out and replaced by a seemingly shrewd businessmen who shuns the spotlight. That in itself is worth celebrating, but I'm not pinnig my hopes on an open cheque book, anyway Kaka would want champions league football ;) .

Wigan

1. Abramovich

2. Glazer

3. Ashley

??

Over the moon at getting Shepherd out and replaced by a seemingly shrewd businessmen who shuns the spotlight. That in itself is worth celebrating, but I'm not pinnig my hopes on an open cheque book, anyway Kaka would want champions league football :D .

Wigan

;)

:lol:

I'll not change it.

1. Abramovich

2. Glazer

3. Ashley

??

Over the moon at getting Shepherd out and replaced by a seemingly shrewd businessmen who shuns the spotlight. That in itself is worth celebrating, but I'm not pinnig my hopes on an open cheque book, anyway Kaka would want champions league football :D .

Wigan

;)

:icon_lol:

I'll not change it.

And this is the same Wigan who've got £20million to spend this summer :lol:

1. Abramovich

2. Glazer

3. Ashley

??

Where does Gillette fit in on there? ;)

glazer might be worth more but we're worth a lot less than man u so we won't be saddled with the same debt. we should have the same amount of money that fat fred 'gave' to his managers to spend in the transfer market plus more extras if our new man fancies putting his hand in his pocket.

I'm refusing to get too excited until Ashley has assumed total control. Let's just hope things are quickly sorted out one way or the other, it wouldn't do us any good to be the object of speculation for months, that would be extremely unsettling.

The thread on there is gold like, just when they think they're going to be 'terp dergs' we get a new manager with proven quality and a billionaire owner.

'Waah waah! It's not fair!'

;)

_39140808_kelly203.jpg

"You're playing catch up".

"what am I ?"

you're a twat Henry

Apparently the odds have been slashed on us winning a trophy next season. They must be expecting some hefty transfer activity this summer.

It was only a couple of weeks ago that Freedy was saying no one would ever take over the club as they would need both his and Halls shares together and they wouldnt sell.

Everyone is assuming that Freddy didnt know about this.

If someone is offering him £60mil for the club he maybe already decided to sell.

Newcastle United chairman Freddy Shepherd says the Tyneside club cannot be bought.

Shepherd told the Daily Mirror: "I'm not selling,"

"It's an impossible club to buy.

"If the Halls don't sell and I don't sell there's no way anybody can buy this club.

"The both of us need to agree to sell or nobody will ever buy it without getting the 75 per cent.

"I can't comment on possibly buying the Halls' stake."

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...tle=Shepherd:+I

from last week

Edited by J69

Just been on SSN that apparently Shepherd will "fiercely resist" any takeover bid, and that it's not about the money to him but the "heart and soul of the club".

What a fat wanker.

Just been on SSN that apparently Shepherd will "fiercely resist" any takeover bid, and that it's not about the money to him but the "heart and soul of the club".

What a fat wanker.

In other words - "show me the money Mr Ashley".