Breaking news: Sir John Hall sells his share

Jimbo

Freddie playing the local hero card to try and save his skin. Tell you what Fred, why don't we have a democratic vote amongst season ticket holders. You've got all our details. If it makes you fell better, only local season ticket holders can vote. You'll be 'pleasently surprised.'

Dear Mr Ashley,

Welcome to a great club.

I am confident you will respect the local and global toon supporters way more than a certain local neckender who has continually and embarrassingly demonstrated he is not fit for purpose.

You are more than welcome to my shares at your offer price. This will effectively mean, dividends included, I am more or less even on my original investment in the company. More importantly it will mean I can get myself one of these on which I can watch our not-too-distant challenges for silverware.......

philipsambilightgreenij7.jpg

Good luck to you and thank you, sincerely, for saving us from Jabba the Hutt. ;)

Best wishes,

Trophyshy (for now). :D

Can someone give me a breakdown as I can't be arsed to trawl through the full thread of what this bloke is all about etc

Self made Billionaire, owns Sports World, Slazenger, Dunlop has a £200m investment in Adidas

They had the financial whizz on Talksport earlier (James something).

Said that this news would almost certain kickstart AXA and another company who have a controling interest in NUFC to sell up now. Rendering Shepherd the minority and therefore his shares as good as worthless and him being nothing but a hinderance to the development of the club should he not sell.

Was doing the maths earlier, if Ashley has circa42% and Shepherd has circa30%. There's still another 28% floating somewhere....

They had the financial whizz on Talksport earlier (James something).

Said that this news would almost certain kickstart AXA and another company who have a controling interest in NUFC to sell up now. Rendering Shepherd the minority and therefore his shares as good as worthless and him being nothing but a hinderance to the development of the club should he not sell.

Was doing the maths earlier, if Ashley has circa42% and Shepherd has circa30%. There's still another 28% floating somewhere....

;)

Well, indeed. Better the devil you know is often a true saying. Time will tell. Still, we all shouted for change long enough. Perhaps a true new era is beginning. Good or bad who knows...

Well, indeed. Better the devil you know is often a true saying. Time will tell. Still, we all shouted for change long enough. Perhaps a true new era is beginning. Good or bad who knows...

give the new devil a chance and Kylie might even show us her arse ;)

He was offering 100p a share as well, despite the stock market valuing them at 84p, so you'd be mad not to sell if you're a private investor. Saying that though, didn't someone say our stock went up 14% after the announcement? So what's that, 95p a share now or something?

He was offering 100p a share as well, despite the stock market valuing them at 84p, so you'd be mad not to sell if you're a private investor. Saying that though, didn't someone say our stock went up 14% after the announcement? So what's that, 95p a share now or something?

I would think the extra 11p is negliable as it was only added after the announcement was made.

I bought £500's worth of shares...what does it all mean for me?

I guess that means if Ashley buys enough to force compulsary purchace of the remaining shares, you will recieve an offer inxcess of the market value.

I reckon that Ashley will easily get the 51% to take overall control and as you say Gem, I cant see FS wanting to hang around and be told what to do. He'd prob sell up making a cool profit at the same time.

NUFC shares have been rising for weeks now.

We'll soon find out if it has been 'friends' of Ashley(please God)or 'friends ' of FFS ;)

I bought £500's worth of shares...what does it all mean for me?

if u bought them at launch price of 135 then you have 370 shares and have lost £130 or so. However the approx 11 years of dividends should about cover this shortfall?

even steven then, accepting inflation.

;)

Did you need a pencil for that one? :D

;) Craig number crunch good.

Fat twat gets ready to dig his heels in

Newcastle United chairman Freddy Shepherd has warned billionaire businessman Mike Ashley he will have to splash “a whole lot more” cash if he is to complete his takeover of the club.

Ashley yesterday bought 41.6% of the club’s shares from Sir John Hall and family and has offered the same price of 100p per share to Shepherd – who owns 29.8% – and the rest of the Magpies’ shareholders.

Shepherd last week claimed that the St James’ Park outfit was “impossible” to sell, but now that the Hall has found a willing buyer, he will find his resolve to stay at the club tested to the limit.

But Shepherd does not look likely to relinquish his stake quietly.

He said: “There is nothing Mike Ashley can do with this club unless he gets a 75% stake.

“He can’t take full control, he can’t change resolutions or the club’s articles of association.

“He has spent £50m but he will have to spend a whole lot more, as he must now make an offer not just for my shares but the shares held by all the other shareholders.”

The sound of a badly bruised ego.

Edited by Gemmill

Tell you what, I uderstand his pride might be hurt, but if he truly does 'love' this club as much as he prattles on about then he'd stand aside and make this as easy as possible. Digging his heels in and playing the martyr is to the depriment of the club.

Tell you what, I uderstand his pride might be hurt, but if he truly does 'love' this club as much as he prattles on about then he'd stand aside and make this as easy as possible. Digging his heels in and playing the martyr is to the depriment of the club.

That's the fucking problem, he's not coming out and saying that he has a problem with Ashley, he's saying that he simply wants more money for his own shares.

As I said in my last post, "greedy twat".