Breaking news: Sir John Hall sells his share

Jimbo

Guest alex

I don't know much about it but it Shepherd is claiming you can't do much with less than 75%, what can he do with 30%? Surely he's a lame duck should the other major shareholders sell up.

Was doing the maths earlier, if Ashley has circa42% and Shepherd has circa30%. There's still another 28% floating somewhere....

Did you need a pencil for that one? ;)

Not really, but the point I'm making is that everyone is on about Ashley having 41% and Shepherd owning the rest - he doesn't..

Tell you what, I uderstand his pride might be hurt, but if he truly does 'love' this club as much as he prattles on about then he'd stand aside and make this as easy as possible. Digging his heels in and playing the martyr is to the depriment of the club.

That's the fucking problem, he's not coming out and saying that he has a problem with Ashley, he's saying that he simply wants more money for his own shares.

As I said in my last post, "greedy twat".

Aye, it's all about greed, it always has been, well, greed and ego anyway.

Guest alex

Sounds like Shepherd is just holding out for as much money as possible now. Goes against what he's said in the past if that's the case.

Talksport were saying earlier that Shepherd learned about the sale from his hospital bed and is furious. If it's not a Geordie Abramovich, I'm not selling!

Fuck off you fat greedy cunt!

If fatty tries to dig his heels in, then maybe the bit below will be enforced. Taken from page 24 of the last full accounts:

Service contracts, notice periods and payments on early termination The Company's policy on the duration of Directors' contracts is as follows:

W F Shepherd and D S Hall have service contracts terminable on at least two years' notice by

the Company or the Director. In the event of a change in control of the Group or a shareholder acquiring more than 25% of the issued share capital of Newcastle United PLC and procuring the appointment of a Chairman or Chief Executive, both W F Shepherd and D S Hall's service contract become terminable on three months' notice by them and, on expiry of such notice, each is entitled

to receive a lump sum payment equivalent to 24 months' basic salary and benefits.

I would love to be a fly on the wall at the board meeting they have to call. He'll be frothing at the mouth at the 2 Hall siblings!! Also wonder how they will vote? Obviously Hall and sister will be in favour, Revill could be too since he is Hall's accountant, leaving only fatty and his brother so he could be out voted.

Taxi for fatty ;)

you can't blame shepherd for trying to get as much money for his shares as possible. just as long as he fucks off and doesn't drag it out for too long so we can crack on with a summer of rebuilding.

i wonder if owen will have a change of heart under a new manager and owner, one of the richest in the country

If fatty tries to dig his heels in, then maybe the bit below will be enforced. Taken from page 24 of the last full accounts:

Service contracts, notice periods and payments on early termination The Company's policy on the duration of Directors' contracts is as follows:

W F Shepherd and D S Hall have service contracts terminable on at least two years' notice by

the Company or the Director. In the event of a change in control of the Group or a shareholder acquiring more than 25% of the issued share capital of Newcastle United PLC and procuring the appointment of a Chairman or Chief Executive, both W F Shepherd and D S Hall's service contract become terminable on three months' notice by them and, on expiry of such notice, each is entitled

to receive a lump sum payment equivalent to 24 months' basic salary and benefits.

I would love to be a fly on the wall at the board meeting they have to call. He'll be frothing at the mouth at the 2 Hall siblings!! Also wonder how they will vote? Obviously Hall and sister will be in favour, Revill could be too since he is Hall's accountant, leaving only fatty and his brother so he could be out voted.

Taxi for fatty ;)

Good digging :D

Wonder what Allardyce thinks of it all. Never a dull moment at SJP, eh?

From .com:

Meanwhile Sam Allardyce gave his reaction to the Sun:

"I'm as shocked about this as chairman Freddy Shepherd.

"I didn't know this was going to happen. I will be talking to the chairman to see what it all means and we'll go from here.

"I don't know anything about the person hoping to take over. But he must want good things for Newcastle if he's spending such an amount on the club.

FFS is saying hes got to pay alot more than 50m for the rest is correct. Ashley will infact have to pay 75m for the rest (give or take a few hundred tho)

On the plus side if Ashley has 41% FFS has 30% and the remaining shares are dvided up by banks, charaties and normal punters then Ashley whilst he doesnt have a controlling majority does become majority shareholder

it would mean that whilst he cant force decisions through he can and will have a large sway on those decisions

He could table a decision to sack FFS and (assuming he gets 10% of votes to agree with him) then FFS is gone and that my friends would be a happy day

FFS is saying hes got to pay alot more than 50m for the rest is correct. Ashley will infact have to pay 75m for the rest (give or take a few hundred tho)

On the plus side if Ashley has 41% FFS has 30% and the remaining shares are dvided up by banks, charaties and normal punters then Ashley whilst he doesnt have a controlling majority does become majority shareholder

it would mean that whilst he cant force decisions through he can and will have a large sway on those decisions

He could table a decision to sack FFS and (assuming he gets 10% of votes to agree with him) then FFS is gone and that my friends would be a happy day

Aye basically unless the fat man buys up the remaining shares himself he's already been rendered virtually impotent so if nothing else happens we shouldn't have to suffer his incompotent management any more.

Fingers crossed that it ends up a whole lot better than that!

It will be interesting to read Oliver's take on the matter. Fat Fred will have told him exactly what to say, so expect him to invent a whole new definition of "cringe-worthy".

It will be interesting to read Oliver's take on the matter. Fat Fred will have told him exactly what to say, so expect him to invent a whole new definition of "cringe-worthy".

I'm not so sure, it depends on what way he sees this going, if he feels that Ashley will be the new owner I can't see him wanting to piss him off.

Once Ashley has 50% +1 he can call for an EGM and start changing the Board

That's what I was thinking, it really is that simple, isn't it? Surely Shepherd hasn't got a leg to stand on if Ashley gets to 50% + 1, which he will do.

That's what I was thinking, it really is that simple, isn't it? Surely Shepherd hasn't got a leg to stand on if Ashley gets to 50% + 1, which he will do.

absolutely, once he has 51% he can do what he likes and no one can stop him

He can't take the club private which is will most likely be his ultimate aim.

He can't take the club private which is will most likely be his ultimate aim.

Main thing is, he'll be the big man on campus. Freddy will have to relent. There's no point holding onto them. He'll lose out financially. Ashley will have the power to dictate to Shephard how much his dividend will be worth.