Fixtures

BoSelecta

I just checked .co.uk and had a look at our up and coming fixtures. I believe w e have 8 winnable games coming up.

Fulham (h)

Blackburn (a)

Man City (h)

Portsmouth (a)

Sky PPV Wigan (a)

Sky PPV mackems (h)

West Brom (a)

Birmingham (h)

If we win say 5 or 6 out of these 8 i think we can be in the top 6 again.

Edited by BoSelecta

At the very least I expect 7 points from September. Two home wins and a win at Blackburn possibly a draw depending on how we handle their aggressive combativeness. Portsmouth is always tough at their gaff.

The rest you list as well we should all beat or at the very least not get beat ourselves.

We couldn't have asked for a better run of games in our current league position. Momentum is everything, we have an opportunity to shoot up the league and be up around the Champions League places by November, it's a chance we have to take with both hands.

Just out of curiosity...

What is the threshold for the "Give Souness More Time" Brigade for this list of fixtures?

What do you think would be acceptable or not?

You can list total points or what place on the table we should be at.

Gemmil is exempted from responding because he can't give any opinions until he reads the Harry Potter books. :unsure:

Just out of curiosity...

What is the threshold for the "Give Souness More Time" Brigade for this list of fixtures?

Gemmil is exempted from responding because he can't give any opinions until he reads the Harry Potter books.  :unsure:

26790[/snapback]

It's the ADULTS that read Harry Potter books that should have their right to an opinion removed. :o

Fulham (h)......................................Win no question.

Blackburn (a)..................................Should win, but knowing us possibly draw.

Man City (h)....................................Win, if we can't beat these we have problems they are rivals for a European spot.

Portsmouth (a).................................Wouldn't be too upset with a draw, have the team though to beat them as they are struggling.

Sky PPV Wigan (a).............................Win no question.

Sky PPV mackems (h).........................Win no question or mutiny will reign :unsure::o

West Brom (a)..................................Win, relegation fodder.

Birmingham (h).................................Win no question.

Going on what we should be aiming for based on the money spent on players and what we should reasonably expect:

Fulham (h)......................................Have to win, will win

Blackburn (a)..................................Win or draw as they aren't bad at home, but should be aiming to win

Man City (h)....................................Have to win, at home we have to aim to beat anyone

Portsmouth (a).................................They are struggling, have to aim for a win again

Sky PPV Wigan (a).............................Have to aim for a win against relegation standard teams

Sky PPV mackems (h).........................Have to win at home and despite the derby effect which will be big, we have to beat a team of their standard

West Brom (a)..................................Aim for a win but i think they could be decent at home this year

Birmingham (h).................................Has to be a win, comfortably

The away games are the ones I'm more concerned about. I think we can beat anyone at home with our best team, you have to bear in mind we had terrible luck against Arsenal and Man Utd with the Jenas red card at Highbury and a hat-trick of injuries in under an hour against Man Utd. We were the better team in both games until that happened. Against West Ham and Bolton we were missing our only creative players for the entirity of both games (Emre and Dyer). We have brought in 3 new creative/dangerous players (Luque, Solano, Owen) so we should be more covered for such a scenario now. We also now have the option of playing 4-4-2, wheras before we struggled to field 2 fit strikers and were forced into 4-5-1 even if we were chasing the game.

Edited by ohmelads

cant resist......my prediction:

Fulham (h)......................................Win just. We have no midfielders atmo, so will still struggle to create. Fulham will try and do a westham agianst us.

Blackburn (a).................................maybe draw. they playing much bettr this season. this will be a hostile match, due to embiterd fans having a go at souey.

Man City (h)....................................hmm tricky, they are one of the most improved teams, 12 games since losing or something?? Pretty even game, but we may squeak a win, as solano is available, correct? (probable draw)

Portsmouth (a).................................win. although robert will play out of his skin against us, there defense is too weak.

Sky PPV Wigan (a)............................probable win, long as they dont perform like in the chelsea game!!

Sky PPV mackems (h).........................win, mackems are tooo weak this time around.

West Brom (a)..................................win, tight game due to wba dour tactics, but one the new boys opens em up with a moment of brilliance.

Birmingham (h).................................possible draw, depending on injuries, if we have all our best players then a win.

20 points from 8 games.

21/12

Respectable positionin the table. Anything worse than top 8 and souness if on thin ice!

Just out of curiosity...

Gemmil is exempted from responding because he can't give any opinions until he reads the Harry Potter books.  :unsure:

26790[/snapback]

It's just occurred to me that if Blackburn injure Owen, I'll fucking...

Anyway. What do you mean by acceptable? Aceptable as in "anything less and he should be sacked immediately", or what? Being a bit less harsh than that, I'd say between 17 and 14 points, the latter allowing for a ref to ruin a match or two. Sackable would be 1/5/2 - 8 points - though if we were playing in that manner, I'd already expect him to be gone...

It's just occurred to me that if Blackburn injure Owen, I'll fucking...

That's their entire gameplan I'm afraid.

27006[/snapback]

It is, but like the gutless prick he is, Hughes denies it and claims everyone picks on them. No, you get your team to act like thugs for 90 mins ever week and get rightly punished, its not being pickedon at all.

I was looking at our upcoming fixtures the other day, before we signed Owen and if we don't get a good haul of points from this lot then Souness (even with his latest signing) will be history.

FS stated yesterday that he had done his bit in bringing in the players and it was now up to Souness to get the points.