Anyone got a psp?

Sargey

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am waiting till Football Manager comes on it before i buy.Anyone know about the battery life on them? Herd Pro evo is also going to be coming out.

Saying that i might get one when my student loan comes in. :lol:

I am waiting till Football Manager comes on it before i buy.Anyone know about the battery life on them? Herd Pro evo is also going to be coming out.

Saying that i might get one when my student loan comes in.  :lol:

26395[/snapback]

About 4 hours - half the DS

My flatmates DS lasts longer than 8 hours. That puts me off a little bit. Are you thinking of getting one soon or waiting till you can get one 2nd hand? See what kind of x mas deals they have, thats if they still have any in stock.

bought one 5 months ago in the states and played on it about 3 times. seemed like a good idea at the time. gotr tiger woods, twisted metal and fifa 2005. might buy pro evo though when it comes out. its pretty good, graphics are awesome and looks nifty but il only ever use it on the train or something

I've still not got one but I'm seriously looking into it, don' wan't a UK one, the screens aren't as good as the Jap version, trying to find an importer of the Japanese machine.

There are CD's on Ebay already with tons of games on, you just need a big enough memory stick to put a game on.

I wouldn't get either handhelds yet for their games, should I get one, and that would probably be a DS. The reason being my GBA broke, which could well be a reason for me to get DS sooner, knowing I can play GBA games on it.

26471[/snapback]

You can get GBA discs on ebay that play on the PSP, I've used both machines and for me the PSP wins by a country mile.

I wouldn't get either handhelds yet for their games, should I get one, and that would probably be a DS. The reason being my GBA broke, which could well be a reason for me to get DS sooner, knowing I can play GBA games on it.

26471[/snapback]

You can get GBA discs on ebay that play on the PSP, I've used both machines and for me the PSP wins by a country mile.

26482[/snapback]

jimbo your avatar is hypnotising me

:lol:

26471[/snapback]

26482[/snapback]

jimbo your avatar is hypnotising me

:lol:

26484[/snapback]

Aye, Charlotte is a minx isn't she. :lol:

26471[/snapback]

26482[/snapback]

Aye, but that would be a whole lot more complicated.

I'm still not sure about the games on either machines, so far.

You will not be able to play pirate games on a UK PSP as they are all V2 firmware. You need V1.5 or less to play any homebrew/pirate software. All games are now coming with auto updaters too. I dont know about the screens Jimbo but the initial jap launch had a lot more problems with dead pixels than the subsequent shipments so it might be one trade off against the other. Tbh Ive been less than impressed with the machine so far, I use it as a movie player, it just hasnt got the games that the DS has now and in the immediate future and thats what it comes down to in the end. It takes Pro duo memory sticks whcih are a bit pricey when compared to other emory. If you're going to use it to watch films you need at least 512MB card which you should be able to pick up for around £40

If you are going to get one do not ignore Lumines. Got it at launch and its still my favourite game miles better than any EA*insert year* generic sequel (which no doubt will sell the most), oh and Ridge racers is tops too.

You will not be able to play pirate games on a UK PSP as they are all V2 firmware. You need V1.5 or less to play any homebrew/pirate software. All games are now coming with auto updaters too. I dont know about the screens Jimbo but the initial jap launch had a lot more problems with dead pixels than the subsequent shipments so it might be one trade off against the other. Tbh Ive been less than impressed with the machine so far, I use it as a movie player, it just hasnt got the games that the DS has now and in the immediate future and thats what it comes down to in the end. It takes Pro duo memory sticks whcih are a bit pricey when compared to other emory. If you're going to use it to watch films you need at least 512MB card which you should be able to pick up for around £40

If you are going to get one do not ignore Lumines. Got it at launch and its still my favourite game miles better than any EA*insert year* generic sequel (which no doubt will sell the most), oh and Ridge racers is tops too.

26556[/snapback]

Good advice, the other problems with importing from Japan are import taxes, if you are unlucky you could find yourself with an extra £50 to pay as duty, as for the dead pixels, thats always a potential problem with any TFT style screen, how ever, if you import a machine with dead pixels I imagine it would be both dificult and expensive to return.

As for the memory sticks, you can get a 1gig stick on ebay for about £35 which is pretty good.

the too good to be true cheap ones on ebay are clones from hong kong. You take the risk if you get one. I've always bought 1st party legit memory cards, nearly always anyway, I bought a 3rd party memory for my N64 once and lost all my saves. Never again. I know people who are going to hong kong soon and are planning on buying shit loads of them as they are so cheap over there.

Dead pixels go hand in hand with LCD's but the Jap launch of the PSP was really bad for it. Not long after Sony changed the screen supplier and as far as I know its the same screen in the US and the UK models

Made the mistake of upgrading the firmware to v2 last night, then read about not being able to play homebrew software after you upgrade!

Bollix!

27011[/snapback]

seems the reports of UK psps having V2 firmware were false then

its worth it though. The homebrew stuff isnt quite there yet with only the pcengine emulator being up to scratch, snes emulation for instance is poor. I love the web browser, was posting on toontastic the other day while in the bath. The support for AVC is great and I can now get a full movie down to less than 200MB with that and the quality is still superb. Anyone wanting to know about movie conversion should go to www.pspvideo9.com. Download the software and have a read of the tutorials, its fairly straightforward.

Edited by luckypierre